Birmingham sign Sinclair on loan

Sinclair has made four appearances for Chelsea this season

Birmingham City have signed Chelsea's teenage winger Scott Sinclair on an initial one-month loan deal.

The 19-year-old began his career at Bristol Rovers before moving to the Londoners at the age of 16 in 2005.

He has made 14 appearances for the Blues and has spent time on loan with Plymouth, QPR, Charlton and Crystal Palace over the last two seasons.

The England Under-19 international is expected to make his Birmingham debut against Blackpool on Saturday.

Sinclair will stay at St Andrew's until Tuesday 3 February, and will be eligible to face Palace on that date.

He has played four games for Chelsea this season, with his most recent outing coming in the Saturday's 1-1 draw with Southend in the FA Cup third round.

Sinclair's appearance against the Shrimpers means he is cup-tied and will not be eligible to face Wolves in Birmingham's re-arranged third round match on 13 January.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7814650.stm

Winger??

Scott Sinclair is a striker!

Suppose he could maybe play there hes got good pace and can beat a man but anytime ive seen him play(Chelsea, England and Plymouth) it was as a striker.

He was, and he was rubbish.

i remember his first game at ibrox and i thought he looked class, i think it was hearts we were playing and he gave their defenders a hard day. He played 7 games and was injured half the time so probably would have played more if he had been fit. Apart from that first game i thought he looked like a poor mans chris burke