Players sales

reddrock

I understand the need to reduce the squad and thus the wage bill and also that any exceptional offers may well have to be accepted

However we dont here about the Bains and others on large healthy salaries being at risk if figures are to be belived Bain with bonus etc gets near to 850k a year , not saying its the right course but he he for instance was gone and other savings at that level could be found then thier is a million or a year of the wage bill

Pie in the sky I know but fecks me off when we are at the fire sale stage and the people in my opinion who have taken us to this place still pick up more than healthy wages

I'm all for selling players to balance the books - especially in years where success is at a premium. After all we cannot expect success every single season.

However, this can only be done in conjunction with a reasonable long term business plan to ensure consistency on the park to bring in the necessary finance to operate the club out with transfer policy.

Selling our better players every 6 months and replacing them with over-priced random fringe players is not good business practice. Neither is it conductive to maintaing our challenge on the park.

We are a club on the road to nowhere.

I'm all for selling players to balance the books - especially in years where success is at a premium. After all we cannot expect success every single season.

However, this can only be done in conjunction with a reasonable long term business plan to ensure consistency on the park to bring in the necessary finance to operate the club out with transfer policy.

Selling our better players every 6 months and replacing them with over-priced random fringe players is not good business practice. Neither is it conductive to maintaing our challenge on the park.

We are a club on the road to nowhere.

Frankie it would certainly seem so

We pay well over the odds for our signings and seem to undervalue our players who are targets for other clubs.

Lafferty seems to be valued higher than Boyd by our negotiating genius. In the short term it appears we will get less for Boyd than we paid for Whittaker and if Birmingham get promotion this year we will get £600k more for a goal a game ratio striker than we paid for a full back who cannot get a regular place in the team.

We could have saved ourselves that £4m if we just didn't pay Bain for 8 years :pipe:

:lol:

Bain - "David, there seems to be problem with my wages"

SDM - "What do you mean martin?"

Bain - "We'll I havent been paid for what seems like 8 years, I cannae keep up the sunbed repayments."