Is this the straw....

schwantz

Fellow Bluenoses, I sit here at work staring at the unreal events unfolding in front of me ! I'm numb from disbelief that this can be happening at our great club.

Probably more gauling for me, as a middle aged bear, is the fact that I've been through bad times before, but nothing, nothing comes close to the situtation that Murray and co are dragging this once great club into!

I've sat through low attendances, 'their' NIAR, the 'downsizing years', etc, but never did I think we would even consider selling Scotlands top goal scorer for a knock down price of £3M.

I cant help but thinking who will be next, and for how much ?

Make no mistake, this is the end of our season ! The spin-off from this decision will not only ensure FIAR for them, but ensure their easy passage into the CL, with more cash again next year, where will the spiral end? Another NIAR?

Ive been going to Ibrox for as long as I can remember. My first game is clouded in the mists of time ! Aye I'm that old ! And for the very first time in my life, I'm considering taking direct action, and refusing to pay anymore cash into the club while Murray and his henchmen are in control.

Realistically however, a few season ticket losses, would mean very little to Murray el al, but supposing, just supposing, we as a support, managed to join forces and threaten mass withdrawal of season tickets - now that would perhaps raise a few eyebrows in the corridors of power ! Add to that, a concerted and united campaign against Murray's fiscal policy, squandering of investments, and treatment of the fans (stewards in away games, Dublin Loyal carry on, etc), and I really think we could to something about this.

We could moan and groan on here for a few days and accept the scraps thrown from Murrays plate, OR we could maybe just do something about it ?

Views anyone?

Oh and rant over, but I still feel sick....

Some of us have been going on about the damage minty is doing to the Club for years, we usually get pelters.

Some of us got our fingers out and demonstrated against him.

About 25,000 people turn up at Ibrox every week to chat to their mates and leave with 15 minutes to go. They seem oblivious to Sir Flim Flam's disastrous effect on a once great Football Club.

Fellow Bluenoses, I site here at work staring at the unreal events unfolding in front of me ! I'm numb from disbelief that this can be happening at our great club.

Probably more gauling for me, as a middle aged bear, is the fact that I've been through bad times before, but nothing, nothing comes close to the situtation that Murray and co are dragging this once great club into!

I've sat through low attendances, 'their' NIAR, the 'downsizing years', etc, but never did I think we would even consider selling Scotlands top goal scorer for a knock down price of £3M.

Make no mistake, this is the end of our season ! The spin-off from this decision will not only ensure FIAR for them, but ensure their easy passage into the CL, with more cash again next year, where will the spiral end? Another NIAR?

Ive been going to Ibrox for as long as I can remember. My first game is clouded in the mists of time ! Aye I'm that old ! And for the very first time in my life, I'm considering taking direct action, and refusing to pay anymore cash into the club while Murray and his henchmen are in control.

Realistically however, a few season ticket losses, would mean very little to Murray el al, but supposing, just supposing, we as a support, managed to join forces and threaten mass withdrawal of season tickets - now that would perhaps raise a few eyebrows in the corridors of power ! Add to that, a concerted and united campaign against Murray's fiscal policy, squandered of investments, and treatment of the fans (stewards in away games, Dublin Loyal carry on, etc), and I really think we could to something about this.

We could moan and groan on here for a few days and accept the scraps thrown from Murrays plate, OR we could maybe just do something about it ?

Views anyone?

Hi Schwantz

I was raging yesterday too but have come round to trying to look forwards....also

why on earth would Walter and Murray want to sell on Baz n Boyd .....I get the feeling there is more to it than meets the eye...this story in the ET that they needed 3mill ASAP doesn't wash ...its only the beginning of the window they could have waited to see if that cash could have been raised through moving the deadwood on. If Boyd had gone on to score another 20 goals this season his market value would have risen and they could have gotten more for him.

I just hope we keep Madjid, Mendes and Davis on board. The improved MF has created all these chances for Boyd to put away....lets hope Lafferty can get his preferred position through the middle and start paying back his fee.

I'm one of them ! Joined in the protest outside the MS m'self, albeit a breif few shouts !

Your last para sums up the apathy I'm afraid ! Although I remember fans pouring out with 10 mins to go since the early 70's ! I guess my post is borne out of frustration and sadness!, soon as with all human emotions, that will give way to acceptance and anger !!

Grrr

Fellow Bluenoses, I site here at work staring at the unreal events unfolding in front of me ! I'm numb from disbelief that this can be happening at our great club.

Realistically however, a few season ticket losses, would mean very little to Murray el al, but supposing, just supposing, we as a support, managed to join forces and threaten mass withdrawal of season tickets - now that would perhaps raise a few eyebrows in the corridors of power ! Add to that, a concerted and united campaign against Murray's fiscal policy, squandered of investments, and treatment of the fans (stewards in away games, Dublin Loyal carry on, etc), and I really think we could to something about this.

Views anyone?

you are still only a baby mate :lol: i have been going for over 50 years. i have seen good times plus the celtic 9 in a row which was not very nice, but i would never have thought that i would see the club i love being used as a selling club, and accepting second best. i am that sick that i dont care if i go to sleep tonight and dont waken up again. to many fans of generation after generation have put so much in to our club to allow a non rangers man to destroy us. remember we are chosen to support our special club, and murray is a kid on rangers man, he started off well and helped us get nine in a row and let us see good players at our club. but now he has lost heart with the club and our club is not the one that i grew up with and loved, at the moment that rangers is gone and i only pray that money people come in and returnt the club back to the fans again.

you are still only a baby mate :lol: i have been going for over 50 years. i have seen good times plus the celtic 9 in a row which was not very nice, but i would never have thought that i would see the club i love being used as a selling club, and accepting second best. i am that sick that i dont care if i go to sleep tonight and dont waken up again. to many fans of generation after generation have put so much in to our club to allow a non rangers man to destroy us. remember we are chosen to support our special club, and murray is a kid on rangers man, he started off well and helped us get nine in a row and let us see good players at our club. but now he has lost heart with the club and our club is not the one that i grew up with and loved, at the moment that rangers is gone and i only pray that money people come in and returnt the club back to the fans again.

ha Fcuk wish I was a baby !! So, in the cold light of day, we are all scunnered, what now? Acceptance, or do something about it?

The latter, isnt easy, we probably have the most apathetic support going, but mark this - a few years ago, fans not party to 'internet' debates on Murray's tenure, were pretty much of the opinion that Murray was a good guy. Now, from forums like these, the word has spread, and even older fans are questioning his stewardship !

I'm not naive enough to think that bluenoses will read this and say 'fcuk it lets do something about it', but is doing nothing and sitting on our hands and wishing it would go away, the way to go with this?

Poland anyone? Oh and that WAS before my time !!

ha Fcuk wish I was a baby !! So, in the cold light of day, we are all scunnered, what now? Acceptance, or do something about it?

The latter, isnt easy, we probably have the most apathetic support going, but mark this - a few years ago, fans not party to 'internet' debates on Murray's tenure, were pretty much of the opinion that Murray was a good guy. Now, from forums like these, the word has spread, and even older fans are questioning his stewardship !

I'm not naive enough to think that bluenoses will read this and say 'fcuk it lets do something about it', but is doing nothing and sitting on our hands and wishing it would go away, the way to go with this?

Poland anyone? Oh and that WAS before my time !!

something should be done but some still think murray is a good guy. also some fans treat watching rangers as a hobby and you can forget them doing anything.

Fellow Bluenoses, I sit here at work staring at the unreal events unfolding in front of me ! I'm numb from disbelief that this can be happening at our great club.

Realistically however, a few season ticket losses, would mean very little to Murray el al, but supposing, just supposing, we as a support, managed to join forces and threaten mass withdrawal of season tickets - now that would perhaps raise a few eyebrows in the corridors of power ! Add to that, a concerted and united campaign against Murray's fiscal policy, squandering of investments, and treatment of the fans (stewards in away games, Dublin Loyal carry on, etc), and I really think we could to something about this.

Views anyone?

Aye like yersel Minst I have be giong for a great number of my middle age years and i to remember previous dark days , but none like this

And more than just being sick I am very worried as to our future

Is this the last straw ? It was the last straw when we were told what we can and cannot sing , Everything from then has been an insult to the Rangers fans. Selling the clubs best players , Absolutely no defence from Murray for us , Promises of arrest if the we sing a certain song. The list goes on and on. But what will be done ? Nothing. I'm sure it'll be the last straw when we go on and sell our best players over and over again in the future , yet still nothing will be done by our fans and in a way that is more disapointing than what is currently going on.

Is this the last straw ? It was the last straw when we were told what we can and cannot sing , Everything from then has been an insult to the Rangers fans. Selling the clubs best players , Absolutely no defence from Murray for us , Promises of arrest if the we sing a certain song. The list goes on and on. But what will be done ? Nothing. I'm sure it'll be the last straw when we go on and sell our best players over and over again in the future , yet still nothing will be done by our fans and in a way that is more disapointing than what is currently going on.

well said! the last straw was ages ago,and like you said its dissapointing that we will do fuck all about it

Im only 16 and i hate to admit it but i am finding it hard to find anything appealing about rangers just now to anyone at all i know i havent been through the same as all the older bears but you know what this hrts a lot the past 4 seasons have hurt a lt manchester hurt a lot but this is almost as bad.I wont stop following rangers as it is in the blood but its ggetting harder and harded every season to watch this unfold

It's a stark contrast to 10 years ago. We had Dutch internationals on our books and class acts such as Amoruso, Ferguson etc... We would never have sold our top striker off for such a poor amount of money all those years ago. Granted times have changed financially and we're paying for our extravagance now but how come we have so little to show for the money we got from Cuellar and Hutton, we certainly haven't got a £17m worth of players back in the last 12 months.

P.S. Nice to see a bike fan who remembers the golden 500cc era. Schwantz is a legend.

If Barry goes then that's 2 less supporters at Ibrox. I know some will scoff at the idea that a team of mercenaries is a bad thing but you really do need some people who know what the club is all about ... whether it's Lampard and Terry at Chelsea or Scholes and Neville at Man U it really does make all the difference to have players around the place who have the club at heart

It's a stark contrast to 10 years ago. We had Dutch internationals on our books and class acts such as Amoruso, Ferguson etc... We would never have sold our top striker off for such a poor amount of money all those years ago. Granted times have changed financially and we're paying for our extravagance now but how come we have so little to show for the money we got from Cuellar and Hutton, we certainly haven't got a £17m worth of players back in the last 12 months.

P.S. Nice to see a bike fan who remembers the golden 500cc era. Schwantz is a legend.

He sure was, and still is ! Had the pleasure of meeting him twice, along with Mr Sheene (RIP).

ps - see your in Barrow? Go there quite a bit - usually watch games I cant get too, in the Sports bar...