Best two perfomances of the season probably without Boyd

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Same with last season. 2-1 at Easter Road, 4-0 at Tynecastle, 3-0 against Celtic, 3-0 in Lyon, 2-0 v Bremen, 2-0 in Lisbon.......we function more effectively, and still score plenty of goals, without him in the side.

Agreed. Same with last season. 2-1 at Easter Road, 4-0 at Tynecastle, 3-0 against Celtic, 3-0 in Lyon, 2-0 v Bremen, 2-0 in Lisbon.......we function more effectively, and still score plenty of goals, without him in the side.

This is always dismissed as pure coincedence for some odd reason.

There are plenty more examples as well.

As I said this morning, Scotland's great run under McLeish and Smith along with our great run in Europe last season was almost totally exclusive of Kris Boyd.

I promise you there will be a game very soon where we will be needing a goal and we will be wishing we had Boyd back

Its so fuckiing frustrating that i know this will happen

That's going to happen though.

We needed a goal against St Mirren and Boyd came on and missed a chance he should have buried.

If it had been Lafferty, you would have wanted him hung.

We needed a goal against St Mirren and Boyd came on and missed a chance he should have buried.

spot on (tu)

I promise you there will be a game very soon where we will be needing a goal and we will be wishing we had Boyd back

Its so fuckiing frustrating that i know this will happen

There has been PLENTY of games Boyd has been on the park when we have needed a goal and he hasnt delivered.

Exactly (tu)

I also wanted a goal at Fir Park with Boyd in the side....didn't happen. And at Ibrox there against Celtic with Boyd in the side....didn't happen. It happens with him, it will happen without him.

Missed a good chance against Celtic last week as well, another game where it REALLY mattered.

But hey, let's get back to bashing Cousin and Lafferty.

I wouldnt be as worried about Boyd going if we still had Cousin who was a big player in a lot of the supposed great performances without Boyd

I REALLY DO SEE US GOING BACK TO A 4-5-1, BECAUSE I THINK SMITH WANTS THAT AFTER THE CELTIC GAME AND HE DOESNT SEE BOYD AS THE MAN TO PLAY THERE SO IT MAKES SENSE TO GET RID NOW WHEN DECENT MONEY,S ON OFFER, IT WILL BE MILLER AS I DONT THINK SMITH TRUSTS ANY OF THE REST TO PLAY UP FRONT ON THEIR OWN.

Some people just won't get that though mate. Losing Boyd = Rangers never scoring another goal ever again

It makes you think after the continual 'end of the world is nigh' attitude of fans after the likes of Hutton/Cuellar/Ferguson first time around etc, how we ever managed to win over 100 major trophies without the likes of them and now Boyd <cr>

No-one is bigger than the club you say?

I wouldnt be as worried about Boyd going if we still had Cousin who was a big player in a lot of the supposed great performances without Boyd

Supposed great performances? Couldn't resist a little dig at Cousin, could you! :harhar:

He put in a number of brilliant perfomances on his own up front for us, even if you don't want to acknowledge it.

celtic 2 - rangers 4

hibs 0 - rangers 3

Im a great fan of boyd but we can defo get results without him. We dont need boyd to score goals. Playing with boyd is sometimes like playing with 10 men. All is not lost

1 player doesnt make a team

Remeber it was pretty much down to Cousin running Caldwell and McManus ragged at the piggery.And we let him go too.

And what about St Mirren and the Kaunas games? Boyd didn't start there and look what happened.

Neither did Hemdani (Kaunas anyway) for some odd reason. Pure arrogance from Smith I think.

But as I said, Boyd did come on against St Mirren and miss an easy chance.

Neither did Hemdani (Kaunas anyway) for some odd reason. Pure arrogance from Smith I think.

But as I said, Boyd did come on against St Mirren and miss an easy chance.

Easy chance okay then, he hit the post. Which in my book was very unlucky, it was far from an 'easy chance'

He should be putting them away.

What about the chance Lafferty missed at Motherwell, should he be putting them away. Remember he cost 7x as much as Boyd. Every striker gets chances but don't always score. The fact he gets in those positions again and again proves he is a natural predator. I'd be worried if he was a striker that wasn't getting in the position to miss the chances.

But yeh the reason why we are losing the league race is because of Boyd and two misses. Let's just forget about the goals at Hamilton that rescued us, home to Hearts, home to hibs etc.

He should be putting them away.

He's put away 19 others though so far this season. Who else is going to provide that sort of strike rate? I'm not saying that we won't score goals without him or that he doesn't have his flaws against tougher sides but Boyds goals have certainly helped a lot this season. I'm not confident in any of our current squad of strikers to effectively replace him. Do you think anyone else is going to outscore McDonald or Samaras this season?

What about the chance Lafferty missed at Motherwell, should he be putting them away. Remember he cost 7x as much as Boyd. Every striker gets chances but don't always score. The fact he gets in those positions again and again proves he is a natural predator. I'd be worried if he was a striker that wasn't getting in the position to miss the chances.

But yeh the reason why we are losing the league race is because of Boyd and two misses. Let's just forget about the goals at Hamilton that rescued us, home to Hearts, home to hibs etc.

Let me put it this way.

If Lafferty had hit the bar from 7 yards out, people would have said 'Aw for fuck sake. You're pish Kyle, Boydy would have scored that easily'.