Best two perfomances of the season probably without Boyd

celtic 2 - rangers 4

hibs 0 - rangers 3

Im a great fan of boyd but we can defo get results without him. We dont need boyd to score goals. Playing with boyd is sometimes like playing with 10 men. All is not lost

1 player doesnt make a team

thats a good thing to point out I just hope we don't ship Mendes or Davis

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a good thing to point out I just hope we don't ship Mendes or Davis

I can't see either leaving although apparently they all have their prices for this window. Davis would be a far bigger blow than losing Mendes or even Bazza I think because he is young and has a lot of potential and I don't think a Davis/Thomson partnership in the middle would be a bad thing in future seasons. We are definitely not lacking in CM's but we are lacking in proven goal scorers.

I promise you there will be a game very soon where we will be needing a goal and we will be wishing we had Boyd back

Its so fuckiing frustrating that i know this will happen

We needed that goal against Celtic, the one Boyd missed...

Can you say that any of the other current strikers would have put it away though?

No.

Just in the same way that you can't say Naismith or Lafferty will be a depressing failure up front for us, or in the same way that you can't say we'll lose the league now that Boyd's away.

I remember when we sold Boumsong in January and all of the fans were putting up the white flags.

Fools.

And you think if we don't replace Boyd we will still win the league by going with a Lafferty/miller/novo combinnation up top. They are all too similar imo.

And you think if we don't replace Boyd we will still win the league by going with a Lafferty/miller/novo combinnation up top. They are all too similar imo.

I don't know if we will, but I'm not absolutely convinced that we won't like 90% of RM'ers.

No.

Just in the same way that you can't say Naismith or Lafferty will be a depressing failure up front for us, or in the same way that you can't say we'll lose the league now that Boyd's away.

Never said that those two would definitely be failures. I just think it's a sad state of affairs when we're selling the number 1 goalscorer in Scotland when we're 5 points adrift of Celtic and desperately need to win the title. Anything can happen but I would feel a lot more comfortable with Boyd banging them in.

Never said that those two would definitely be failures. I just think it's a sad state of affairs when we're selling the number 1 goalscorer in Scotland when we're 5 points adrift of Celtic and desperately need to win the title. Anything can happen but I would feel a lot more comfortable with Boyd banging them in.

I'm hoping it falls into the 'So daft it might just work' category.

(tu)

No need to take the risk. We don't have the games to waste where we can try out the new partnerships up front. Sell Boyd in July.

Simple.

spot on (tu)

the same team started that match the OP is defending in the original post, there is more chance of boyd scoring if he starts a game, against the so called pish team like st mirren, he was unlucky when he hit the post, funnily enough it was closer than darcheville or miller came to scoring all day, and lafferty did miss a good chance too

What if we keep him and end up 2nd again?

well if he scores 30-35 goals I cant see it being his fault that we dont win the league

then again I thought the first 45 minutes of dundee UTd away and inverness at home were 2 fantastic performances, the celtic result was by far the best, but the hibs game we could easily have been a couple of goals down before miller struck twice, he hasnt shown that kind of form since and selling the partner he works well with is gonna go down well?