Direction if we sell our best players

Numan5

It stinks to hear Boyd and possibly Ferguson, Mendes and Bougherra might be on their way out. What is worrying me just as much is how Walter will react and what sort of a team he'll pick if these players do go. Will Edu and maybe Fleck replace Ferguson and Boyd, or will my gut feeling be right and the likes of Dailly, McCulloch and Adam be brought into the team?

If we are struggling for cash I would be much happier to see the club building for the future and giving young players a chance to shine instead of playing the deadwood, who should ideally be the players to be going, not Boyd and Ferguson.

I'm sure every fan will struggle to accept our best players going and the club struggling with money, but I will be mortified if we have to watch a team like the one that got beat by Kaunas again. Just shows how costly that european loss was, who would have thought selling Cuellar was just the start...

It stinks to hear Boyd and possibly Ferguson, Mendes and Bougherra might be on their way out. What is worrying me just as much is how Walter will react and what sort of a team he'll pick if these players do go. Will Edu and maybe Fleck replace Ferguson and Boyd, or will my gut feeling be right and the likes of Dailly, McCulloch and Adam be brought into the team?

If we are struggling for cash I would be much happier to see the club building for the future and giving young players a chance to shine instead of playing the deadwood, who should ideally be the players to be going, not Boyd and Ferguson.

I'm sure every fan will struggle to accept our best players going and the club struggling with money, but I will be mortified if we have to watch a team like the one that got beat by Kaunas again. Just shows how costly that european loss was, who would have thought selling Cuellar was just the start...

if selling all our better players is the direction we are taking ,increasing our worldwide and home scouting network and buying good scottish and foreign youngsters and increasing the amount of 1st team football they play is the only way we will progress .if its good enough for ajax (3 european cups ,i think??? ).i think eventually the big bucks in england ,spain etc. will run out .it is starting to show at portsmouth and west ham etc . and the huge wages for mediocre players will eventually come down (then mibbe we could afford to buy mediocrity instead of pish).i agree most fans would rather watch a team of talented and promising youngsters than a team of daillys and mcculloughs. :rangers:

Walter will always go for experience, but I hope he would blend it with some youth.

We need to wait and see just how many players leave. More importantly will any be brought in? We need another CB and striker, but some of the strikers mentioned make me cringe. Will youth get a chance?

I struggle to see any new faces coming in if we are this desperate for cash.

Looks like a slippery slope and I blame Walter a lot for this with sheer bad management. At one time we had Boyd, Cousin, JCD, Gow, Velicka, Lafferty, Miller, Naismith and Novo all on our books. 9 strikers and yet went into the Kaunas game without Cuellar, Davis and Ferguson. Bougherra was not eligible either. Daily and big Lee was our midfield. WTF was Walter thinking? WS should have been sacked there and then.