Bougherra

Chef

n Bougherra

The interest in Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra is mounting, skysports.com understands.

Rangers have insisted that they do not want to let the Algerian international leave Ibrox just over six months after he signed for them.

Bougherra arrived in the summer from Charlton and he has made a huge impact.

However, his excellent form has caught the attention of a host of clubs south of the border, and a number of Premier League side are ready to test Rangers' resolve.

It is believed a bid of around £4million could tempt the Scottish giants into selling and they are bracing themselves for a number of bids.

Newcastle are known admirers of the 26-year-old and are ready to make a move, but they are not the only interested party.

Sunderland, Bolton and Wigan are also ready believed to be gearing up bids.

Are we a £4m shop? Pick a top player, bid £4m (ono) and he's yours? No way should Bougherra be leaving for that amount of money. I'd honestly say, that if a £6m bid came in, we'd have to think pretty carefully about it, but £4m? No way.

Lets be honest here man. Players like Bougherra Mendes and Davis CANNOT be sold. If a good enough offer comes in then yes Murray will need to accept it but it has to be like the scenario of hutton, not just a wee 4 million but a 9 million bid. These 3 players are the nucleus of Rangers!

Bougherra is an accident waiting to happen, for £4million we could buy ourselves two new CB's I wouldn't worry too much lads

(tu) Exactly but I would hope that Rangers could try and hold on a little bit longer cause if as it says a few teams are interested maybe we could get a bit more than £4m

Bougherra is not worth 4million, it is no coincidence Charlton let him go for 2.5m.... but as usual we inflate the prices of our players as soon as they sign... the quicker we realise our place in todays market the better...

What a stupid thing to say. Are you saying we should only sell players for what they're worth? Even if people are willing to pay more?

Im not too sad at the thought of Bougherra leaving so long as we get decent replacements. But if he does go and we dont replace him we're back to the Kaunas game defence :(

Not quite we don't have Christian Dailly playing right back <_<

Still frightnening either way though <_< though it has just occured to me that Walter may believe he has a ready made replacement for Bougherra in Andy Webster :anguish: