I'm sick of hearing: "Why don't we sell Dailly, Smith, Adam etc..."

papaguy51

I can't understand everyone going on about selling Smith, Dailly, Adam, McCulloch, Hemdani etc before selling anyone else.

The amount of times I've heard "Why can't we get rid of those fucking donkeys before Boyd" is doing my head in. In effect, anyone that says that is answering their own question.

Nobody will touch this old/injury prone/complete shite bunch of players. Would you if you were a manager, given the wages they're on?

Be sensible lads!

I can't understand everyone going on about selling Smith, Dailly, Adam, McCulloch, Hemdani etc before selling anyone else.

The amount of times I've heard "Why can't we get rid of those fucking donkeys before Boyd" is doing my head in. In effect, anyone that says that is answering their own question.

Nobody will touch this old/injury prone/complete shite bunch of players. Would you if you were a manager, given the wages they're on?

Be sensible lads!

Agreed but it makes it more annoying that we turned down good money for McCulloch at the start of the season!!

Be sensible lads!

Your right papa. Unfortunetly this is the case. They're pish and nobody wants them (with the possilbe omission of Hemdani - he's just past it now), which of course begs the question as to why we have some of them on our books in the first place. The manager is responsible for that, and if our Chief Executive cannot conjure up a decent sale of some of these players then he is responsible for this pile of shite as well.

Nor would their sale (even their combined sale) realise the £3million obviously required to 'balance the books'...

Only one of our more saleable assets will do it seems: ie McGregor, Bougherra, Ferguson, Davis, Boyd or Mendes (not sure if he can play for another club this season as he played for Portsmouth in the Community Shield).

Nor would their sale (even their combined) sale realise the £3million obviously required to 'balance the books'...

Only one of our more saleable assets will do it seems: ie McGregor, Bougherra, Ferguson, Davis, Boyd or Mendes (not sure if he can play for another club this season as he played for Portsmouth in the Community Shield).

That's also a great point.

Be sensible lads!

Maybe so but other clubs manage it far better than we do

That is a failing on Martin bains behalf.

Indeed.

Having surplus players on our books because they cannot be moved on has been evident at Rangers for a number of years now. Other clubs do have similar problems (eg Balde at Celtic) but not to the same extent it seems.

I feel we offer far too much weekly wages to players so when they do fall out of the first team picture, they are quite content to sit tight as non-EPL teams (for that is our usual target market) cannot afford them.

We need a significant overhaul of our approach to transfers and contracts.

Indeed.

Having surplus players on our books because they cannot be moved on has been evident at Rangers for a number of years now. Other clubs do have similar problems (eg Balde at Celtic) but not to the same extent it seems.

I feel we offer far too much weekly wages to players so when they do fall out of the first team picture, they are quite content to sit tight as non-EPL teams (for that is our usual target market) cannot afford them.

We need a significant overhaul of our approach to transfers and contracts.

Walter's apparent trait of falling out of favour with players for no reason doesn't help that.

Some players just seem to totally fall off the radar for 5/6 weeks at a time under Smith.

What i found worrying Frankie is when we had one of our weakest teams, the eck team of 2003 , with your emerson's and ostenstads in it, were all bought on frees but the wage levels in that team were unbelievable...mind boggling in some cases.

We either need to give these types of players shorter deals or smaller wages we cannot sustain what we do just now

What i found worrying Frankie is when we had one of our weakest teams, the eck team of 2003 , with your emerson's and ostenstads in it, were all bought on frees but the wage levels in that team were unbelievable...mind boggling in some cases.

We either need to give these types of players shorter deals or smaller wages we cannot sustain what we do just now

That's fair enough mate but we also need to appreciate the difficulties involved.

Our fans (myself included) expect success and expect European level competitiveness. That's unlikely to happen without paying out good wages as without that we'll struggle to attract the kind of quality we require.

Nonetheless it's obvious our current strategy isn't working so we do have to change our operations. If that means short-term contracts, PRP or something more drastic then so be it.

We may not have a choice.

That's fair enough mate but we also need to appreciate the difficulties involved.

Our fans (myself included) expect success and expect European level competitiveness. That's unlikely to happen without paying out good wages as without that we'll struggle to attract the kind of quality we require.

Nonetheless it's obvious our current strategy isn't working so we do have to change our operations. If that means short-term contracts, PRP or something more drastic then so be it.

We may not have a choice.

Good wages on short deals may need to be the way forward.

Take a leaf out Wenger's book - nothing more than a 1 year deal for the over 30's maybe?

Be sensible lads!

Spot on Iain! (tu)

You've been posting some excellent points lately. You've no chance as a journo! :mutley:

Be sensible lads!

Agreed, they may not be the most stand out of names but other clubs are able to shift equally as average players on much more efficiently than us.

Nor would their sale (even their combined sale) realise the £3million obviously required to 'balance the books'...

Pretty sure Mendes can tranfer, as the Community Shield is not a "competitive match." Maybe best not to advertise that, though. :shifty:

Be sensible lads!

Correct. Time people wised up and stopped wailing about it. You can't force clubs to buy players they don't want.

Be sensible lads!

Exactly I hear people saying That to me why sell why no sell adam etc before boyd

N I say we need to sell boyd cz of the debt, then they turn around and say, dont sell then and then we wont be in debt ,

and then you start to loss the plot with people like this.

:angry2:

Pretty sure Mendes can tranfer, as the Community Shield is not a "competitive match." Maybe best not to advertise that, though. :shifty:

i think you are right but even if you weren't i bet fifa would still let it go through because we all wouldnt want it. It was only when we all wanted rid of cousin that they blocked it.