Arbroath - 1 v 4 - Rangers

Muff

Aaron got two, Fleck and Adam.

Mate said Aaron(but looks lightweight) and Fleck were outstanding, especially Fleck in the 2nd half. Andy Webster had a good game and Stevie Smith was absolutely horrendous. Charlie Adam strolled about the place and spent more time on his arse.

http://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/

Arbroath 1 Rangers XI 4. Rangers ran out 4-1 winners in the friendly at Gayfield. Arbroath took a first half lead when Barry Sellars fired in from 35 yards with a shot that was caught by the wind to deceive Graeme Smith in the Rangers goal. In the 2nd half, Charlie Adam scored from long range with a wind assisted shot and John Fleck made it 2. Spaniard, Aaron Niguez then scored 2 to take the tally to 4.

Arbroath: Hill, Rennie, Forsyth, Raeside, Rattray, Fraser, Lunan, McCulloch, McGowan, Sellars, Weir. Subs: Campbell, Gates, McMullan, Ross, Suttie, Morrison.

Rangers: Graeme Smith, Hutton, Steven Smith, Wilson, Webster, Adam, Efrem, Stirling, Bagci, Fleck, Niguez. Subs: Vaicilus, Forbes, Scott, Wylde, McShea, Campbell

What more can Aaron do?

Not a lot more tbh. I didn't even pay attention to the lightweight part my mate said. He's shown against Panucci and De Rossi that he can handle it!

I don't know what the formation was. He also said Hutton looks a really good prospect and is a very good reader of the game. He got dragged out of position on a few occassions but made up for it. His tackling and distribution was especially good.

"but looks lightweight"

Load of pish. Said about every player we've ever had with any skill.

That Mendes guy, pure quality... but lightweight.

I'm only telling you what my mate said, and like I said above, I wouldn't pay much attention to that!

I don't know what the formation was. He also said Hutton looks a really good prospect and is a very good reader of the game. He got dragged out of position on a few occassions but made up for it. His tackling and distribution was especially good.

Sounds like his cousin there. Also the fact he started as a striker, but is now being played rb. Mind you, I think Kyle Hutton has played just about everywhere

Aaron got two, Fleck and Adam.

Mate said Aaron(but looks lightweight) and Fleck were outstanding, especially Fleck in the 2nd half. Andy Webster had a good game and Stevie Smith was absolutely horrendous. Charlie Adam strolled about the place and spent more time on his arse.

http://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/

Arbroath 1 Rangers XI 4. Rangers ran out 4-1 winners in the friendly at Gayfield. Arbroath took a first half lead when Barry Sellars fired in from 35 yards with a shot that was caught by the wind to deceive Graeme Smith in the Rangers goal. In the 2nd half, Charlie Adam scored from long range with a wind assisted shot and John Fleck made it 2. Spaniard, Aaron Niguez then scored 2 to take the tally to 4.

Arbroath: Hill, Rennie, Forsyth, Raeside, Rattray, Fraser, Lunan, McCulloch, McGowan, Sellars, Weir. Subs: Campbell, Gates, McMullan, Ross, Suttie, Morrison.

Rangers: Graeme Smith, Hutton, Steven Smith, Wilson, Webster, Adam, Efrem, Stirling, Bagci, Fleck, Niguez. Subs: Vaicilus, Forbes, Scott, Wylde, McShea, Campbell

:craphead: Thats Kyle tho!

It was also good to see A.Webster had a good game,and I,ve heard he,s been playing well sinse he came back in about 3-4 games. I know alot think Webster is a waste of space but and its a BIG but[not as big as Adams though]................IF Webster can stay fit find his true game [Hearts and Scotland form] Andy Webster could turn out to be a decent player for us, I really hope he can because any player than can benefit Rangers is ok by me.

He has had his contractual and fitness problems over the last couple of years, but hes still only about 25, so I really hope this is a new start for the lad,I,ll keep my fingers crossed for him, and if it does come good it will save us alot of money in the transfer market trying to find a replacement for Granda Davie.

As for Fleck and Aaron its way past the time they where being bleed into the 1st team,and there maybe one or two others who are in the same boat, but we all know Smith will not give these lads a go, Smith is way past his sell by date and its time he was put out to pasture.

With the talk of scrapping the reserve league next season this just proves the top SPL sides should be allowed B teams in the lower leagues. Sounds like a cracking game!

Aaron and Fleck vs St. Johnston

Sounds good to me.

Would love to see it, but I'm afraid the aged-loving Smith will end up playign the likes of Adam and McCulloch rather than giving the young ones a chance

Aaron and Fleck vs St. Johnston

Sounds good to me.

Would love to see it, but I'm afraid the aged-loving Smith will end up playign the likes of Adam and McCulloch rather than giving the young ones a chance

Adam is 23 and McCulloch has been left out plenty of times.