Andy Penman

eastcoastbear

Not sure if I've asked on here before but does anyone remember if he was any good for us?

I watched him when I was a boy when he played for my home team Caley, not ICT, and his class stood out a mile even though he was half pished half the time.

Any memories?

Not sure if I've asked on here before but does anyone remember if he was any good for us?

I watched him when I was a boy when he played for my home team Caley, not ICT, and his class stood out a mile even though he was half pished half the time.

Any memories?

:ohmy: And I thought those mazy runs were deliberate!

Andy Penman walks on water whisky.

A very classy player at his peak. He was also type 1 diabetic which must have been very difficult at the time he played because of the medical advice then regarding how blood sugar levels were maintained.

Are you sure he was half pished half the time or did it just appear that way?

A very classy player at his peak. He was also type 1 diabetic which must have been very difficult at the time he played because of the medical advice then regarding how blood sugar levels were maintained.

100% certain mate. Smelled it off him many a time. There used to be standing jokes about dragging him out of the Caley Social Club and haul him off to a game!!

100% certain mate. Smelled it off him many a time. There used to be standing jokes about dragging him out of the Caley Social Club and haul him off to a game!!

An alternative self medication then :D

Shame he had a good touch and great feet when he played for us, there were quite a few pissheads who played in the old first division; a lot of them very skillful players.

An alternative self medication then :D

Shame he had a good touch and great feet when he played for us, there were quite a few pissheads who played in the old first division; a lot of them very skillful players.

(tu)

He was a good player, great passer and striker of a ball. Came from Dundee in April 1967. Part exchange deal with George McLean and £30,000 going to Dundee in return. Andy's illness contributed to his moving to Arbroath in '72. Arbroath F.C. was the sort of Priory of it's time only in reverse. In them days just about every player suffered the same symptoms only some covered it up better than others. Andy Penman was a class player. :sherlock:

He was a good player, great passer and striker of a ball. Came from Dundee in April 1967. Part exchange deal with George McLean and £30,000 going to Dundee in return. Andy's illness contributed to his moving to Arbroath in '72. Arbroath F.C. was the sort of Priory of it's time only in reverse. In them days just about every player suffered the same symptoms only some covered it up better than others. Andy Penman was a class player. :sherlock:

(tu)

Terrific player in a brilliant Dundee side, average with Rangers. Don't know about Arbroath but not sirprised if playing for the old Caley drove him to drink. Only way to forget about the hammerings they got from the old Elgin City.

Terrific player in a brilliant Dundee side, average with Rangers. Don't know about Arbroath but not sirprised if playing for the old Caley drove him to drink. Only way to forget about the hammerings they got from the old Elgin City.

Farmers. :lol:

Just kidding mate. ;)

"Farmers" is fine by me. In fact we should have stayed behind the plough for all the use we are. How the mighty are fallen. Lets hope Rangers don't go the same way.

Indeed.

Stopped taking an interest in the HL after the "merger". No idea who is strong in the HL anymore.

With City and Caley gone they're all stromg now!

More seriously new guys, Locos, 'Vale and Keith and mibbees Cove and Buckie.

Fort William, however, are appaling.

Any memories?

I always thought he was a very good player,noone could hit the ball any harder than Andy back then. (tu)

I remember he was diabetic,so I would imagine alcohol being out of the question. (td)

You're fuckin tripping mate, Caley used to wipe the floor with Elgin....i should know, my uncle played for them both. Said Caley were Rangers & Elgin were Partick Thistle in comparison.

Caley are not ICT btw, for you youngsters. :pipe:

Any memories?

I always thought he was a very good player,noone could hit the ball any harder than Andy back then. (tu)

I remember he was diabetic,so I would imagine alcohol being out of the question. (td)

Without mixers it can lower blood sugar levels--- not to be recommended though.