You Solve the Mystery of Birmingham's Puzzling Salary Offer to Kris Boyd

contacts

I will keep this short & sweet and leave it open to you folks to solve what I believe to be a mystery.

At Ibrox Kris Boyd earns £12k per week with a £2k bonus per game. He is now playing every week and scoring goals regularly. Most seasons he will win medals with the club and generally he has the majority of the fans behind him.

Now you would think from this that to take him away from Ibrox any club would have to offer better personal terms.

Well apparently Birmingham don't think so. They offered Boyd £12k per week with a £5k per game bonus. So they believe that Boyd should give up trophies & medals, 50k crowds etc etc for the same basic wage with a higher bonus when he plays.

Now McLeish signed Boyd for Rangers so he knows the money he was on yet he offers similar terms. Surely he could not have been confident of clinching the deal. Surely he must have known that Boyd would say no............

Now we are left with Boyd back in Glasgow and we now have to sell another big money player (I say there will be more than one)

Who within RM is a budding Hercule Poirot and can solve this mystery?

The birmingham board were reluctant to commit to a large basic on a player untried in england. Boydie either had no intention of leaving or more likely wanted something substantially more than he's on (20k?) to make it worthwhile uprooting from glasgow and leaving the team he loves.

Its maybe just Alex thinks hes no deserving of a better wage is all?

Trying their luck in what are difficult times financially? Might be back yet for him ;)

Think it was Sullivan to be honest mate.

I think I read somewhere that if Boyd helped them get promotion his wages would fly up to over 30k a week including bonuses. He was probably offered the current terms incase he couldn't hack it in england aswell.

So you reckon he can't hack it in Scotland?

Maybe Boyd didn't have much faith in Birmingham getting promoted. Maybe he thought he was worth the same wage as Garry O'Connor.

Or maybe Birmingham didnt really want him,but they are getting stick from their fans because their not walking the league as they thought they would,so to try and appease them make out that they are trying to sign players e.g Boyd offer him a pish wage offer knowing he would knock it back then they can say to their fans look we tried to sign Boyd but he wouldnt come.

Or maybe Birmingham didnt really want him,but they are getting stick from their fans because their not walking the league as they thought they would,so to try and appease them make out that they are trying to sign players e.g Boyd offer him a pish wage offer knowing he would knock it back then they can say to their fans look we tried to sign Boyd but he wouldnt come.

I think they did want him, 3.75 is still decent money in the championship. I think they were just reluctant to get stuck with a big salary with a player who is untested outside of scotland.

O'Connors on 20k down there and while not bad, hardly had the same level of scoring Boyd has had in Scotland. They're also really struggling for goals so you think they would be desperate to get him, i think they're just being cheap cunts thinking they can rip us off.

Also they were willing to pay £6million for McFadden, what they offered us and Boyd is a joke.

well, if what's being shoved around the place is to be believed, Boyd doesnt want to go and has asked for big bucks, huge money.

I think you're maybe hinting that this could be a softening-up and context-setting for someone else to go? Mendes maybe.

well, if what's being shoved around the place is to be believed, Boyd doesnt want to go and has asked for big bucks, huge money.

I think you're maybe hinting that this could be a softening-up and context-setting for someone else to go? Mendes maybe.

Quite right as well

i refer you to an earlier post of mine :)

Like most, i am still trying to contemplate why our beloved gers would consider selling the spl's top scorer when our ambition should be to win the league...And it dawned on me, maybe this is a complete conspiracy organised by rangers and birmingham..

Think about it...Murray needs to shift players, so he makes a fuss, publicly accepts an offer for boyd, media goes into meltdown saying gers are in crisis...Murray thinks by doing this it will alert other teams to our "plight" and they will look to raid gers for some players on the cheap, like mcculloch for a cheeky 1.5 mill or adam for a sneaky 300,000...and Murray is not alone, he is in cahoots with Alex Mcleish...Big Red knows full well his team need to be seen to try and bring in a goalscorer...but in reality, they already have way too may strikers at the club, so they go along with the scam, and then pull out of the deal because boyd wont agree terms...at least the brum board can save face and say they "tried" to get a goalscorer...

Am i reaching here? Reality, of course, the truth of the matter is that bad business by Murray and smith for signing these duds is about to cost us our most prolific striker since Ally Mcoist and that is a joke...

i refer you to an earlier post of mine :)

Like most, i am still trying to contemplate why our beloved gers would consider selling the spl's top scorer when our ambition should be to win the league...And it dawned on me, maybe this is a complete conspiracy organised by rangers and birmingham..

Think about it...Murray needs to shift players, so he makes a fuss, publicly accepts an offer for boyd, media goes into meltdown saying gers are in crisis...Murray thinks by doing this it will alert other teams to our "plight" and they will look to raid gers for some players on the cheap, like mcculloch for a cheeky 1.5 mill or adam for a sneaky 300,000...and Murray is not alone, he is in cahoots with Alex Mcleish...Big Red knows full well his team need to be seen to try and bring in a goalscorer...but in reality, they already have way too may strikers at the club, so they go along with the scam, and then pull out of the deal because boyd wont agree terms...at least the brum board can save face and say they "tried" to get a goalscorer...

Am i reaching here? Reality, of course, the truth of the matter is that bad business by Murray and smith for signing these duds is about to cost us our most prolific striker since Ally Mcoist and that is a joke...

You know, your explanation actually more feasible than some of the doom and gloom stuff about us in the papers. Fucking Pat Nevin compared us to Woolworths! doh

To be honest I think Birmingham did want Boyd as they have been short on goals this seasons. However there were rumours that Boyd wanted the same wage as McFadden who they signed when they were in the premiership therefore can't afford those wages at the minute.

However I think there may be a slight chance that David and Murray and Walter Smith told Kris Boyd all about the saga and told them that they would accept the bid from Birmingham but he was to reject the move at all costs as they would never rubberstamp it and Boyd is very much part of their plans.

Why they would do this I don't know ?

One reason could be that as previously stated by another poster that maybe it is an attention seeker to alert players to the rangers players availability, another could be it is a decoy for someone else going out the club say Barry Ferguson or it could be a ploy so that teams won't over price their players when we make a bid for them which usually happens.

Or simply it could be Birmingham did not want to risk paying an unproven player in England high wages

I will keep this short & sweet and leave it open to you folks to solve what I believe to be a mystery.

At Ibrox Kris Boyd earns £12k per week with a £2k bonus per game. He is now playing every week and scoring goals regularly. Most seasons he will win medals with the club and generally he has the majority of the fans behind him.

Now you would think from this that to take him away from Ibrox any club would have to offer better personal terms.

Well apparently Birmingham don't think so. They offered Boyd £12k per week with a £5k per game bonus. So they believe that Boyd should give up trophies & medals, 50k crowds etc etc for the same basic wage with a higher bonus when he plays.

Now McLeish signed Boyd for Rangers so he knows the money he was on yet he offers similar terms. Surely he could not have been confident of clinching the deal. Surely he must have known that Boyd would say no............

Now we are left with Boyd back in Glasgow and we now have to sell another big money player (I say there will be more than one)

Who within RM is a budding Hercule Poirot and can solve this mystery?

I didn't even understand why Boyd would consider a move from The Rangers to such a lowly club.

Rangers to Brum?

Hiya guys

First time poster here and a Birmingham bluenose, please don’t slate me!!

My grandfather was from Glasgow and a big Rangers fan so i have always had a soft spot for them!

I’ve come here to see what the thoughts of you guys were regarding this very topic, and its good to see that some of you have sussed our board out spot on!

There is a lot of dismay down at St Andrews at the moment, and we never believe a word that the board say, they have told us so much bull shit in the past that most fans don’t trust them anymore!

Anyway, the word down here is that Boyd was offered £19k per week and that’s what he turned down!

Big Eck then pulled out and said its all off and the club wont be held to ransom, this was on Friday but yesterday we are hearing that Boyd’s agent has been back on to McLeish saying that they want another meeting, but then Karen Brady broke that news so who knows!!