You Solve the Mystery of Birmingham's Puzzling Salary Offer to Kris Boyd

contacts

Hiya guys

First time poster here and a Birmingham bluenose, please don't slate me!!

My grandfather was from Glasgow and a big Rangers fan so i have always had a soft spot for them!

I've come here to see what the thoughts of you guys were regarding this very topic, and its good to see that some of you have sussed our board out spot on!

There is a lot of dismay down at St Andrews at the moment, and we never believe a word that the board say, they have told us so much bull shit in the past that most fans don't trust them anymore!

Anyway, the word down here is that Boyd was offered £19k per week and that's what he turned down!

Big Eck then pulled out and said its all off and the club wont be held to ransom, this was on Friday but yesterday we are hearing that Boyd's agent has been back on to McLeish saying that they want another meeting, but then Karen Brady broke that news so who knows!!

To be honest mate if you're talking basic i think he'd have taken that. More likely 12k pw by most accounts.

I will keep this short & sweet and leave it open to you folks to solve what I believe to be a mystery.

At Ibrox Kris Boyd earns £12k per week with a £2k bonus per game. He is now playing every week and scoring goals regularly. Most seasons he will win medals with the club and generally he has the majority of the fans behind him.

Now you would think from this that to take him away from Ibrox any club would have to offer better personal terms.

Well apparently Birmingham don't think so. They offered Boyd £12k per week with a £5k per game bonus. So they believe that Boyd should give up trophies & medals, 50k crowds etc etc for the same basic wage with a higher bonus when he plays.

Now McLeish signed Boyd for Rangers so he knows the money he was on yet he offers similar terms. Surely he could not have been confident of clinching the deal. Surely he must have known that Boyd would say no............

Now we are left with Boyd back in Glasgow and we now have to sell another big money player (I say there will be more than one)

Who within RM is a budding Hercule Poirot and can solve this mystery?

this was what karen brady said about it

Birmingham chief executive Karren Brady has a diary column in the English Sun and on Wednesday she wrote: "Boyd doesn't even travel to check out Birmingham and meet us face-to-face. I'm disappointed at this but not half as much as at his agent's demands. On hearing them, all the blood drains from my face and ends up in my feet, while my stomach lurches in shock. There's not another club in the Championship, and even some in the Premier League, who could offer what we have. It's a good deal more than he's paid at Rangers with big benefits, too, if we're promoted. So no deal."

i still think he will b punted. u get all this will he wont he bull every time with these windows. last year was the same with hutton. come the last day/s of the window u will c desperation by some clubs and he will b gone. sad but true, that we seem desperate to move on a player, where hardly a world beater is a valuable player for rangers, to a second league club in england.

our financial situation must b of a really worrying nature where the club seems desperate to get rid of a player to satisfy financial constraints. the need to b prudent, i can understand, but this incredible situation we find the club in is beyond belief.

can we not punt all these so called squad players, we all know who they r, and with the wages the club is saving, just give that to the bank every week/month. surely if we move on 4-5 of these guys, trhe club could easily b saving over 50 grand a week, hence money we could hand back, and in the meantime not sell our one of the sellable assets quoted.

I made similar comments in the main Boyd to Brum pages

Anybody think that SDM had a quiet word with Eck and asked him to make a move for Boyd, maybe just to show him that he wasn't expendable and that if he didn't start pulling his weight and changing his attitude that no matter how many goals he scores for us, no man is ever bigger than the club.

The spead with which it has all been dropped just seems too convenient!

I made similar comments in the main Boyd to Brum pages

Anybody think that SDM had a quiet word with Eck and asked him to make a move for Boyd, maybe just to show him that he wasn't expendable and that if he didn't start pulling his weight and changing his attitude that no matter how many goals he scores for us, no man is ever bigger than the club.

The spead with which it has all been dropped just seems too convenient!

With a gun to his head boyd still wouldn't run the channels. You honestly think Brum would go to all this trouble to help Rangers motivate a player?