Amdy Faye

Watched Stoke against Liverpool earlier and the 2 Faye's.

I was amazed at Amdy Faye; he looked like a player, good touch,skill, could tackle, beat opponents and pass the ball.

Incredible how different he was when he played for us; what do we do to so many players that after a couple of weeks at Murray Park all their skills desert them?

I've never rated Faye, not even when the Vieria comparisons were being thrown about after his first few months at Portsmouth. However, the way Smith handed him his debut at Tynecastle and then promptly subbed him after 45 minutes wouldn't have helped his cause. Everytime we play Hearts at Tynecastle the tempo of the game goes at 100mph, it's probably the hardest place for a player to make his debut.

I thought he done alright when he came on against Celtic at centre half, bearing in mind Hesselink had basically battered his thigh in.

I thought he done alright when he came on against Celtic at centre half, bearing in mind Hesselink had basically battered his thigh in.

His thigh? Are you sure he wasn't lucky not to come away with severe abdominal injuries after that thug's challenge?

He did too ok though but was he not horribly out of position for when Broadfoot brought down McDonald? He's not a natural CB mind you.

His thigh? Are you sure he wasn't lucky not to come away with severe abdominal injuries after that thug's challenge?

He did too ok though but was he not horribly out of position for when Broadfoot brought down McDonald? He's not a natural CB mind you.

Indeed, it was an absolutely sickening 'challenge' from arguably the dirtiest player in the SPL. JVoH is a total thug who gets away with murder.

To be honest, from memory, i'd say that Broadfoot was just as at fault for the penalty.

I was amazed at Amdy Faye; he looked like a player, good touch,skill, could tackle, beat opponents and pass the ball.

Incredible how different he was when he played for us; what do we do to so many players that after a couple of weeks at Murray Park all their skills desert them?

Im the same I was convinced it was a different player for ages, he looks half decent everytime I see him play.

To be honest, from memory, i'd say that Broadfoot was just as at fault for the penalty.

IIRC, Faye and Dailly went for the same header, a header Faye didn't need to deal with. It was about 15 yards in front of him and he ran leaving a massive gap in the centre of defence. A Celtic player won the header and it landed to McDonald where Faye was before. Broadfoot was in a poor position to deal with it and the foul, which was outside the box, was given. It was a collection of errors, in fairness.

My memory is shocking so my recollection may be BS. :)

Watched also Doc,Probably the most accomplished looking player on the park,I always thought he was a cracking player before he came to us,now he

looks like a cracking player once more.Never got the chance to shine at Ibrox? :unsure:

I have always thought he was a very poor footballer but he played decent enough last night - saying that, Liverpool were absolutely brutal.

You know Muff,I missed the start of the game,so I wasn't sure of the line ups.As the game went on,I kept thinking,who's that black guy at the back

for stoke? cracking player.It wasn't till later I realized it was Faye.I always thought that he was a pretty good player. (tu)

I have always thought he was a very poor footballer but he played decent enough last night - saying that, Liverpool were absolutely brutal.

You know Muff,I missed the start of the game,so I wasn't sure of the line ups.As the game went on,I kept thinking,who's that black guy at the back

for stoke? cracking player.It wasn't till later I realized it was Faye.I always thought that he was a pretty good player. (tu)

The one at the back was Abdoulaye Faye mate, Amdy was playing defensive midfield. Admittedly Amdy did play quite well, but I still consider him quite a poor player. His technique is appalling for a professional footballer.

The one at the back was Abdoulaye Faye mate, Amdy was playing defensive midfield. Admittedly Amdy did play quite well, but I still consider him quite a poor player. His technique is appalling for a professional footballer.

I stand corrected Mate,obviously I don't know one faye the other. :rolleyes::lol:

I stand corrected Mate,obviously I don't know one faye the other. :rolleyes::lol:

Haha, not bad at all mate. :mutley: