Youth

RyanMac

Just srung to mind, we're having to raise cash for one reason or another. Does this mean the likes of Fleck etc are up for sale as well? Murray has said countless times that our youth is the way forward, but we haven't seen one inclination that is going to happen. Also Murray may be looking to show rospective buyers that Auchenhowie makes money.

Our youth has SO much potential that its actually painful to watch it being drained.

A midfield of Aaron, Furman, Edu and Fleck would be more than a match for fodder SPL teams.

It's a great point.

The fact that we've splashed so much wedge on other teams' youth players who aren't as good as our own makes it even harder to take.

much as i would like to see youth given a chance , there is no way that Aaron, Furman, Edu and Fleck would dominate SPL games against any team

they have 5 1st team games between them

our top midfielders such as Mendes and Davis struggle at times to dominate these games

Our youth has SO much potential that its actually painful to watch it being drained.

A midfield of Aaron, Furman, Edu and Fleck would be more than a match for fodder SPL teams.

It's a great point.

The fact that we've splashed so much wedge on other teams' youth players who aren't as good as our own makes it even harder to take.

Is it a great point though.....

Do you think they would fair better than Davis , mendes, fergie and Thomson (for example)

It's championship manager at it's best. Very easy to sit on a MB and say things liek this would work knowing it will, rightly, never happen.....

It's a great point.

Do you think they would fair better than Davis , mendes, fergie and Thomson (for example)

It's championship manager at it's best. Very easy to sit on a MB and say things liek this would work knowing it will, rightly, never happen.....

I have no doubt that midfield would beat any of the bottom 4/5 at Ibrox.

It's unfair to call it Championship Manager. If anything, that's symptomatic of the mindset that Walter's put in the fans - just because playing youth WON'T happen doesn't mean that it SHOULDN'T.

It's a great point.

I have no doubt that midfield would beat any of the bottom 4/5 at Ibrox.

It's unfair to call it Championship Manager. If anything, that's symptomatic of the mindset that Walter's put in the fans - just because playing youth WON'T happen doesn't mean that it SHOULDN'T.

I have no doubt our current midfield should beat the bottom 10 clubs, doesn't mean it will always happen......

Apart from the debates about the left wing are you seriuously telling me you would drop mendes, feguson, thomson or davis for young players ? Walter manages in the real world and left wing apart their is no current place for any of the guys you mention.

Can i ask how many times you have seen these young guys play ?

Guest therabbitt

I like that. (tu)

It should be enough to take on most of the dross in the SPL.

much as i would like to see youth given a chance , there is no way that Aaron, Furman, Edu and Fleck would dominate SPL games against any team

they have 5 1st team games between them

our top midfielders such as Mendes and Davis struggle at times to dominate these games

I don’t see why we’re so set against youth in this game. Why is it that we don’t think a teenager has the maturity to be as good as they can be? FFS, we sent sixteen year-old boys to fight the fecking Germans in two world wars, yet we don’t dare expose them to the rigors of the “modern game” until they are in their mid-twenties!

Rangers (and many other teams) have history of fielding mere boys who went on to become great. Moses McNeil was only sixteen when he decided to start a new football team, and see where that went. Derek Johnstone scored in cup finals for us at sixteen, and went on to play in Barcelona at seventeen.

There is a whole list of greats who played debut games barely out of shorts and snottery breaks:

Willie Waddle - 17

Willie Henderson - 17

Eric Caldow - 19

Ralph Brand - 17

Alfie Conn 17

Willie Woodburn - 18

Colin Jackson - 17 and so the list goes on.

Bring in the youth I say, and to hang with Walter Smiths obsession with ignoring the greatest potential this club has.

I have no doubt our current midfield should beat the bottom 10 clubs, doesn't mean it will always happen......

Apart from the debates about the left wing are you seriuously telling me you would drop mendes, feguson, thomson or davis for young players ? Walter manages in the real world and left wing apart their is no current place for any of the guys you mention.

Watch them a lot mate, as much as I possibly can. I spend far too much time watching youth football actually, maybe I should study more :lol:

Nonetheless, I never said I'd drop the big guys, but I'd be busting a gut to get the young guys every single second of game time I could.

Watch them a lot mate, as much as I possibly can. I spend far too much time watching youth football actually, maybe I should study more :lol:

Nonetheless, I never said I'd drop the big guys, but I'd be busting a gut to get the young guys every single second of game time I could.

So you agree we should only be putting them on when the games are out of reach then ?

We moan about balance and you want 4 left footed players to be our midfield?

So you agree we should only be putting them on when the games are out of reach then ?

Not exclusively that, no.

Wouldn't see anything wrong with giving Davis/Ferguson/Mendes a rest for Furman, Edu or Aaron from the start of some games.

We moan about balance and you want 4 left footed players to be our midfield?

This may be Football Manager talking, but doesn't Aaron play on the right? Plus, so long as they can do a good job in that postion, who cares what foot they are?

It's Football Manager talking (tu)