Ref at Ayr equalizer

jmo21

had to laugh watching the highlights last night, the boy scores a last min equalizer, gets booked for taking his shirt off to celebrate, then kisses the ref on the cheek

many refs would have sent him off, so i guess credit has to go to the ref for not doing exactly that

(cue a reply saying "if he'd kissed me i'd have bust his nose" or some such)

Could you imagine if that was Nacho Novo who scored a last minute winner against Celtic at Parkhead and he kissed Eddie Smith?

He would have got sent off, banned for 10 games and accused of enticing sectarian behaviour.

:lol:

I really enjoyed the game, but did you see Alex Williams post-match interview? The journalist asked him about kissing the ref and if there was an engagement ensuing, Williams replied "Eh, well, if he wants he can have my number and we'll talk." :lol:

:lol: aye, saw that was pissing myself.

credit to the ref for being sensible

had to laugh watching the highlights last night, the boy scores a last min equalizer, gets booked for taking his shirt off to celebrate, then kisses the ref on the cheek

many refs would have sent him off, so i guess credit has to go to the ref for not doing exactly that

(cue a reply saying "if he'd kissed me i'd have bust his nose" or some such)

:craphead: saw that too...made me laugh as well

Aye, i wanted ayr to win, until i seen the draw for the next round, far better chance of killie knocking out thistle than ayr..

Was good to watch last night though, cup footy for the wee team, you canny beat it.

I was at the game. Brilliant atmosphere.

Few of my mates were at it. Said the atmosphere was 100 times better than the old firm game there.

Aye, you just canny beat the terracing atmosphere. I fell about three rows at the williams goal. Crazy

Could you imagine if that was Nacho Novo who scored a last minute winner against Celtic at Parkhead and he kissed Eddie Smith?

He would have got sent off, banned for 10 games and accused of enticing sectarian behaviour.

Are you kidding me, Eddie Smith allowing a last minute winner for Rangers???

Looked a cracking game and should be a good turnout at Rugby Park for the replay. Fair play to the ref for taking it in good spirit when other refs would have sent him off. Surprised it didn't make it onto 2 good 2 bad on MOTD last night.

I really enjoyed the game, but did you see Alex Williams post-match interview? The journalist asked him about kissing the ref and if there was an engagement ensuing, Williams replied "Eh, well, if he wants he can have my number and we'll talk." :lol: