Why Do we need to sell to raise £3mill?

The Hammer 11

We have been told that we need to sell to raise £3million eg boyd bougherra ferguson mendes davis.When we are due to negotiate a new kit deal soon surely the multi millions we will make that will balance the books.So SDM why dont you consider concentrating on getting us a good deal on a new kit maker instead of trying to sell our best plyers for bargain basement prices? Why?

Not unless terms and conditions have changed somewhere else ie bank, Murrays company.

See I don't get Murray here. He's defending the financial situation at the club and at the same time is saying we MUST sell a player. Is it too much to ask for proper clarity on the situation rather than the tosh we are being offered? The share holders must be burling at all this. I also don't get, like many others on this forum, the fact we splashed out on players for the future i.e. Edu & Lafferty when we knew there would be no CL money. Surely you wouldn't sanction such moves when the world's finances were in such difficulty?

one pundit mentioned we are due on a Lafferty payment installment

point is lost 10 mill CL cash and over 7 mill panic buying...Eu Lafferty Velicka....has pushed us too far into the red

do you think if we didnt pay and just left him outside the stadium - they might take their goods back and forget all about it :pipe:

Not unless terms and conditions have changed somewhere else ie bank, Murrays company.

See I don't get Murray here. He's defending the financial situation at the club and at the same time is saying we MUST sell a player. Is it too much to ask for proper clarity on the situation rather than the tosh we are being offered? The share holders must be burling at all this. I also don't get, like many others on this forum, the fact we splashed out on players for the future i.e. Edu & Lafferty when we knew there would be no CL money. Surely you wouldn't sanction such moves when the world's finances were in such difficulty?

Remember when the tims used to trot out the smoke and mirrors line. I think everyone is finally getting it now.

The Hugh Adam piece alleged Murray liked yes men and to be in total control. He also said he ran the place in a grandstanding manner and couldn't take criticism. I'm now of the opinion Murray is so averse to criticism that he'll say any old pish rather than take it on the chin.

I agree with you on players for the future. How insane is that when we needed to win this title, when we were told there was limited money and the failure to qualify for Europe compounded that, we were told by Smith that he was after quality, first team calibre. We then go out and sign a whole heap of guys who were not ready for the first team, who went and sat beside all the others we didn't fancy or were not good enough.

It was crazy and utterly indefensible.

Hate saying this but across the road, yeah they've got one or two dumplings sitting around, but we've got a whole fvkin team hanging around taking the money.

Three people are culpable for the position we find ourselves in. Murray, Bain and Smith. Two could leave one must sell.

Remember when the tims used to trot out the smoke and mirrors line. I think everyone is finally getting it now.

The Hugh Adam piece alleged Murray liked yes men and to be in total control. He also said he ran the place in a grandstanding manner and couldn't take criticism. I'm now of the opinion Murray is so averse to criticism that he'll say any old pish rather than take it on the chin.

I agree with you on players for the future. How insane is that when we needed to win this title, when we were told there was limited money and the failure to qualify for Europe compounded that, we were told by Smith that he was after quality, first team calibre. We then go out and sign a whole heap of guys who were not ready for the first team, who went and sat beside all the others we didn't fancy or were not good enough.

It was crazy and utterly indefensible.

Hate saying this but across the road, yeah they've got one or two dumplings sitting around, but we've got a whole fvkin team hanging around taking the money.

Three people are culpable for the position we find ourselves in. Murray, Bain and Smith. Two could leave one must sell.

Very much agree!