Napoli and Florentina proved bankruptcy can be a good thing

Blueshorts

We all now know that we need rid of Murray, the parasite has to go, and anyone who cannot see this can only be classed as stupid.

With Murray in charge we will suffer a long slow decline which could last another 10 years. Is is possible that bankruptcy could be a good thing? Rangers are far too big an instituation to disappear, and a short sharp decline may be best in the long run. Look at Napoli for example - from the best team in Italy to 3rd division no hopers - their decline was long, slow and painfull and lasted 20 years. When bankruptcy arrived...it meant their own parasitical owners were forcefully removed allowing for a fresh start and the rebirth of the club. Now they have the 4th highest attendances in Italy and are in place for a Champions League place.

Yes, bankruptcy would be painfull...but it would be a fresh start with Murray and Bain never to be seen again. I would rather we were allowed a fresh start with a short sharp shock, rather than this continuing slow decline that looks like it may last at least another 10 years.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wait, bankruptcy a good thing? relegated??? points deduction and not to mention no european football.

thats a good thing???????

typical short term thinking...would you rather have 5 years of pain and a rebirth...or 20 years of pain and a rebirth?

you really don't see where Rangers are heading under Murray...we are facing a genuine abyss. I would rather we fell into the abyss as soon as possible rather than have 20 years of sh!te and then fall into the abyss.

Mind you, I expected no less in the responses, typical short term thinking that is a character of the Scottish/British mentality. People seem to think selling a player for £3 million will fix things??? It is simply delaying the problem!

We all now know that we need rid of Murray, the parasite has to go, and anyone who cannot see this can only be classed as stupid.

With Murray in charge we will suffer a long slow decline which could last another 10 years. Is is possible that bankruptcy could be a good thing? Rangers are far too big an instituation to disappear, and a short sharp decline may be best in the long run. Look at Napoli for example - from the best team in Italy to 3rd division no hopers - their decline was long, slow and painfull and lasted 20 years. When bankruptcy arrived...it meant their own parasitical owners were forcefully removed allowing for a fresh start and the rebirth of the club. Now they have the 4th highest attendances in Italy and are in place for a Champions League place.

Yes, bankruptcy would be painfull...but it would be a fresh start with Murray and Bain never to be seen again. I would rather we were allowed a fresh start with a short sharp shock, rather than this continuing slow decline that looks like it may last at least another 10 years.

murray goes, and then what? just lock the doors and fling away the key?

dont see too many jambos screaming for romanov to beat it these days as it will b curtains if that happens.

so a man who has invested 20 years of his i imagine very busy life and countless millions is now a parasite, and anyone who disagrees with these comments is now stupid?

if mike ashley cannot punt newcastle united, who r in a more competitive environment, do u think david murray will b able to punt rangers, where the prospective owner will never make any return on his investment at the start of a period of recession?

I would rather put up with our current state than see my club relegated and bankrupt. How do you propose we recover from that? We struggle for investment now, how would we look to potential investors as a 1st Division side? We would have absolutely no income. How would we pay for players to get us back up to the top if we cant do it now? All the time Celtic are laughing themselves to 16 in a row.

Is that what you REALLY want?

I would rather put up with our current state than see my club relegated and bankrupt. How do you propose we recover from that? We struggle for investment now, how would we look to potential investors as a 1st Division side? We would have absolutely no income. How would we pay for players to get us back up to the top if we cant do it now? All the time Celtic are laughing themselves to 16 in a row.

We would recover the same way Napoli did. They had no source of income but with a new management team in place and with all debt removed, they quickly rose up to the place they deserve. I would happily accept bankruptcy if it meant in 5-10 years time we were debt free and had a board as competent as the one celtic have.

Celtic are going to win the league for the forseeable future anyway, they have £3 million debt (probably no debt next year), a turnover that will be twice ours come August whilst we have a debt that will be at least £40 million come august and no sign of it stopping...so our current state is going to get worse anyway....the only question is this...do you want it to come to a head in 5 years time or 20 years time? I would much rather have a quick death and rebirth than a slow death and rebirth because either way we are f@cked. At least with the quick death we recover sooner.

wait, bankruptcy a good thing? relegated??? points deduction and not to mention no european football.

thats a good thing???????

typical short term thinking...would you rather have 5 years of pain and a rebirth...or 20 years of pain and a rebirth?

you really don't see where Rangers are heading under Murray...we are facing a genuine abyss. I would rather we fell into the abyss as soon as possible rather than have 20 years of sh!te and then fall into the abyss.

Mind you, I expected no less in the responses, typical short term thinking that is a character of the Scottish/British mentality. People seem to think selling a player for £3 million will fix things??? It is simply delaying the problem!

Yeh brilliant idea, and in this climate of recession we'd fly back to our top ways again doh

We would recover the same way Napoli did. They had no source of income but with a new management team in place and with all debt removed, they quickly rose up to the place they deserve. I would happily accept bankruptcy if it meant in 5-10 years time we were debt free and had a board as competent as the one celtic have.

Celtic are going to win the league for the forseeable future anyway, they have £3 million debt (probably no debt next year), a turnover that will be twice ours come August whilst we have a debt that will be at least £40 million come august and no sign of it stopping...so our current state is going to get worse anyway....the only question is this...do you want it to come to a head in 5 years time or 20 years time? I would much rather have a quick death and rebirth than a slow death and rebirth because either way we are f@cked. At least with the quick death we recover sooner.

if rangers go down, scottish football will go down. we will have one team in a one horse league, no sponsors, no tv income, could not attract new players, fans will dwindle, the smaller spl teams will hit the wall and perish. that is ur five year plan.

remember napoli disapeared, and it did not affect italian football, as they r not classed in the same bracket as others. hell juve were relegated and the still carried on.

if either of the big 2 were to go this way, well some of our top clubs would really struggle to survive, as they r only surviving in the current environment.

How can you compare them to us? The money in the Italian game (good or corrupt) dwarfs that of Scotlands so its hardly fair to expect us to repeat their feat. We dont have the backing for such a recovery from the domestic game. And quit bumming up Celtic you....

if rangers go down, scottish football will go down. we will have one team in a one horse league, no sponsors, no tv income, could not attract new players, fans will dwindle, the smaller spl teams will hit the wall and perish. that is ur five year plan.

remember napoli disapeared, and it did not affect italian football, as they r not classed in the same bracket as others. hell juve were relegated and the still carried on.

if either of the big 2 were to go this way, well some of our top clubs would really struggle to survive, as they r only surviving in the current environment.

We already have one team in a one horse race.

I seem to remember Scottish football surving during 9 in a row with almost no TV money and a one horse league.

If you look at average attendances for non old frim splm clubs, the 4 away old firm games add about an average of 200-300 on top of that teams average attendance for the season, so Rangers not being there would hardly impact the other clubs attendances, same is celtic were relegated. In fact, with one half of the old firm missing, other teams attendances would go up as their fans would be excited at the chance of a Champions LEague qualifier place.

The old firm in terms of attendances now offer very little to the other SPl clubs over the course of a season.

So all the time the other Scottish clubs are getting stronger with our CL money and we are getting nothing in, yet we are supposed to overturn them from scratch?

You really havent thought this through mate.

Strange thing is that some people don't realise that it was this 'parasite' who cleared £51m off of our debt leaving us WITH a club. You can arue that he more than contributed to that debt in the first place, but that doesn't change the fact that without that money we WOULD have gone bust...i.e. NO MORE RANGERS!

By all means, give him stick for some of our financial woes, but ffs, some of the shite people spout about Murray is ridiculous! If he met you face to face & you came out with half the shite you have then he'd have you tied up in knotts!

We already have one team in a one horse race.

I seem to remember Scottish football surving during 9 in a row with almost no TV money and a one horse league.

If you look at average attendances for non old frim splm clubs, the 4 away old firm games add about an average of 200-300 on top of that teams average attendance for the season, so Rangers not being there would hardly impact the other clubs attendances, same is celtic were relegated. In fact, with one half of the old firm missing, other teams attendances would go up as their fans would be excited at the chance of a Champions LEague qualifier place.

The old firm in terms of attendances now offer very little to the other SPl clubs over the course of a season.

So Sky's just pennies to you? :craphead:

erm..it was to SPL clubs during 9 in a row.

simple question..what was it that allowed celtic do get rid of their old board and rebuild and dominate Scottish football? I'll give you a clue...it begins with B!

So all the time the other Scottish clubs are getting stronger with our CL money and we are getting nothing in, yet we are supposed to overturn them from scratch?

We're not getting any Champions League money anyway. Wake up and smell the coffee....we will not qualify for the Champions League next year..we will finish 2nd in the league and will have no chance of getting through the new qualifiers whilst celtic will go straight through as Champions...and it will be the same year after year as celtic get stronger and our debts get worse and worse and our players get worse and worse due to having no money! The writing is firmly on the wall...the only question is do you want a fast decline or a long slow painfull decline?

We're not getting any Champions League money anyway. Wake up and smell the coffee....we will not qualify for the Champions League next year..we will finish 2nd in the league and will have no chance of getting through the new qualifiers whilst celtic will go straight through as Champions. The writing is frimly on the wall...the only question is do you want a fast decline or a long slow painfull decline?

:lol: :lol:

We're not getting any Champions League money anyway. Wake up and smell the coffee....we will not qualify for the Champions League next year..we will finish 2nd in the league and will have no chance of getting through the new qualifiers whilst celtic will go straight through as Champions...and it will be the same year after year as celtic get stronger and our debts get worse and worse and our players get worse and worse due to having no money! The writing is firmly on the wall...the only question is do you want a fast decline or a long slow painfull decline?

This has confirmed it.

Sniff Sniff

This has confirmed it.

Sniff Sniff

I was waiting for the sniff sniff from when i first read it, thought i'd give benefit of the doubt, but after that :lol: