***** Player Rater - Rangers 2 @ St. Johnstone 0 *****

Canadaready

Only surprise so far is Papac being as high as he is.

He was awful in the first half. In his defence though at least he was as invisible as the right full back, I forgot Broadfoot was even playing at times.

Weir had one of the worst performances of his career tonight.

I'm sorry Davie, but if your legs have gone, tell someone before it's too late.

This situation, if not remedied soon, will cost us dearly this season.

Oh, and Ferguson...........another lifeless performance from the 'missing' captain.

Mendes higher than Davis and Broadfoot?

I think sometimes these ratings are not based on performance but just on who people like in the team.

(tu) very true

Mendes was poor tonight, thing is, he will always get rated highly, as will Davis and Bougherra no doubt, but, Ferguson, Broadfoot etc will be marked down regardless. Its not performance related, its a favourites competition

Mendes higher than Davis and Broadfoot?

I think sometimes these ratings are not based on performance but just on who people like in the team.

(tu) very true

Mendes was poor tonight, thing is, he will always get rated highly, as will Davis and Bougherra no doubt, but, Ferguson, Broadfoot etc will be marked down regardless. Its not performance related, its a favourites competition

Its a shame but I agree - Davis always gets high marks - no matter how he plays - Fergie low. Management figures are always low as well - its a popularity contest as many vote high on their favourites! Still such is football!

Have not read any of the posts but have just voted and looked at the results of the polls.

How anyone can say that naismith and fleck deserved the marks they got imo is nonesense .

problems in the first half came from naismith not playing the position he had been asked to play properly

ie midfield not left winger.

Fleck in the 11mins of play he was on for i think touched the ball once .But it just continues to show the mindset

of posters on this forum.

Boogie was my man of the match followed closely by mcgregor and davis for his second half performance

the rest barely made pass marks with papac having a particularly poor first half(see naismith comment).

Have not read any of the posts but have just voted and looked at the results of the polls.

How anyone can say that naismith and fleck deserved the marks they got imo is nonesense .

problems in the first half came from naismith not playing the position he had been asked to play properly

Fleck in the 11mins of play he was on for i think touched the ball once .But it just continues to show the mindset

Boogie was my man of the match followed closely by mcgregor and davis for his second half performance

the rest barely made pass marks with papac having a particularly poor first half(see naismith comment).

How do you know this? :craphead:

You need to think again, he was more involved than that, and, in his brief time, looked the most acomplished passer on the field mate. I dont know his rating, but, for me, Mendes had a poor game, and, Fleck was a breath of fresh air

The Midfield was pish last night...posted missing in the 1st Half.....slightly better in the 2nd.

Was good to see Fleck get a run, though I wish he was brought on earlier he was not given enough time.

Look at the chances Saints had last night, they had playes running at the defence & our nidfiled were not picking them up, giving them far to much room.

Badly miss Thomson to give us some dig.

Anyway rant over we got through to the next round which is a positive......Fleck to Start next game??

IMO Davis was shite, except for the assist.

They were all pish bar McGregor and Naismith(and at times, he was poor - 1st game back and it was good to see him). Weir, Papac, Ferguson, Miller and Boyd were shockingly bad. Mendes, Davis, Broadfoot and Bougherra weren't much better.

McGregor was my MOTM followed Naismith, by some distance.

They were all pish bar McGregor and Naismith(and at times, he was poor - 1st game back and it was good to see him). Weir, Papac, Ferguson, Miller and Boyd were shockingly bad. Mendes, Davis, Broadfoot and Bougherra weren't much better.

McGregor was my MOTM followed Naismith, by some distance.

I think I called it as McGregor - Boogie - Naismith

I thought Boogie did well, and at least tried to make things happen in an attacking sense. Weir and Papac were woeful. Davis, Broadfoot and Ferguson annonymous, whilst Mendes looked lost but did try some nice passes. We need someone in beside him to do the spade work.

Miller was dreadful, Boyd didn't have much of a game but did have involvement in both goals.