Kirk Broadfoot is a terrible footballer

Danny

i rekon he could do a good job at centre half but he is no way a full back

We played him at CB against them... look where that got us mate

1 fucking game that means he is crap, john terry must be crap as well then cause he played against man utd and look where that got them :doh:

Not one game mate calm... Kirk Broadfoot is an average CB... at best! He's never set the heather alight anytime he has featured at CB for us

NAme me the games Kirk has played centre half

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again Broadfoot is the whipping boy as usual! Why is it when anything goes wrong it is ALWAYS either Broadfoot, Ferguson or Walter's fault??

Ha! That's a plain porkey m8. Boyd got the blame against timmy way more than your Broadfoot did, even though your man caused the goal.

I've seen Adam get the blame for the war in the middle east, Miller's getting it for being pish, and even poor old Sas Papac is receiving pelters for apparently being shite. Hell even Lee McCulloch has been blamed for plenty and he's not even on the pitch half the time!

I have argues to the bit god knows how many times about how Broadfoot is a decent footballer on many topics about him being "terrible"!! Hate how he is regarded within the Rangers fans as he deserves much better!

Because Broadfoot is so painfully mediocre. An average first division defender who sums up what we're so used to that some of us think he's a good player.

Simply because he doesn't cost us every match.

Is that what it takes to be revered among our fans these days? It's not so much what you do right, it's what you don't do wrong.

That's depressing.

If your going to try and prove us wrong make sure you spell your words correct ;)

Would argue with you and prove that I am right but got better things to do than waste time arguing with you :):rangers:

Clearly a failed attempt to point out a typo on my part proves you actually don't :P

Keep him away from CB! He's a bombscare!

I agree with him being terrible and it's part of our problem when we have too many players like that in our team. He would be a decent backup but the guy should be nowhere near the starting line up every week.

The positive comments about him are usually 'He tries hard and is a Rangers supporter' or 'He has a great attitude' but that's not good enough on it's on. You have to have the ability to match it.

he has played ONE game at centre half and yes he made ONE mistake (admittedly the worst game he could have done so) but apart from that error he did nothing wrong.

im NOT saying he should be first pick as i would rather play jordan or that davies lad ahead of him but we have to be realistic.

For all the people saying such and such isnt good enough we need new players how do you suggest we get these new players WE HAVE NO MONEY FFS

He has not just played one game at CB, he has been used a couple of times there when covering for players such as Cuellar and Bougherra mate and has always made me feel uneasy.. however you are right we have no money to bring in anyone of higher quality

He is fcuking brutal and it shows how far we have fallen. One of the worst footballers I have ever seen - no pace, poor touch, distribution is terrible, positional sense in non existan, terrible in the air....the sad thing is, he's slightly better than our £2m signing, Steven Whittaker. Kirk Broadfoot has cost us on a number of occassions this season - people seem to think because he cut short his summer holidays, he works hard and always gives his all, that he's good enough. Sorry but that doesn't was with me.

RB, CB, LB, anywhere, Kirk Broadfoot is a complete and utter liability.

Who's said he's good enough? At the end of the day he's our best RB in the squad that's available. I don't see the need to bring up threads slating him all the time when there are plenty of other players that have been gash who seem to be immune from being criticised.

Yet again Broadfoot is the whipping boy as usual! Why is it when anything goes wrong it is ALWAYS either Broadfoot, Ferguson or Walter's fault??

Ha! That's a plain porkey m8. Boyd got the blame against timmy way more than your Broadfoot did, even though your man caused the goal.

I've seen Adam get the blame for the war in the middle east, Miller's getting it for being pish, and even poor old Sas Papac is receiving pelters for apparently being shite. Hell even Lee McCulloch has been blamed for plenty and he's not even on the pitch half the time!

I have argues to the bit god knows how many times about how Broadfoot is a decent footballer on many topics about him being "terrible"!! Hate how he is regarded within the Rangers fans as he deserves much better!

Because Broadfoot is so painfully mediocre. An average first division defender who sums up what we're so used to that some of us think he's a good player.

Simply because he doesn't cost us every match.

Is that what it takes to be revered among our fans these days? It's not so much what you do right, it's what you don't do wrong.

That's depressing.

If your going to try and prove us wrong make sure you spell your words correct ;)

Would argue with you and prove that I am right but got better things to do than waste time arguing with you :):rangers:

now im not agreeing with you here but do you see weir getting pelters for his wasteful distribution or when he always follows the ball even when another centre half has the ball covered, as you say there are certain scapegoats because people cant live in the real world.

He is fcuking brutal and it shows how far we have fallen. One of the worst footballers I have ever seen - no pace, poor touch, distribution is terrible, positional sense in non existan, terrible in the air....the sad thing is, he's slightly better than our £2m signing, Steven Whittaker. Kirk Broadfoot has cost us on a number of occassions this season - people seem to think because he cut short his summer holidays, he works hard and always gives his all, that he's good enough. Sorry but that doesn't was with me.

RB, CB, LB, anywhere, Kirk Broadfoot is a complete and utter liability.

Who's said he's good enough? At the end of the day he's our best RB in the squad that's available. I don't see the need to bring up threads slating him all the time when there are plenty of other players that have been gash who seem to be immune from being criticised.

Plenty people on here rate Broadfoot, some see him as a hero because he's a Rangers man and a trier.

Just shows you how much Walter Smith has lost it. Kirk Broadfoot would struggle to get into some SPL sides.

Plenty threads slating other players aswell.

IMO Kirk was one of our better players last night. I believe he is a stopgate but Walter wont bring anyone else in.

So while we have him as our number 1 right back fill him with confidence.

We all know he isnt tchnically a "hutton" but last night he was a minority of the lacklustre Rangers team who didnt go posted missing.

He never shirked a tackle, was always wanting the ball and even when everyone was fcuked in the last ten minutes, he was still bombing down that right hand side supporting Davis.

Im not saying Kirk is necessarily the answer but come on, give credit when credits due.

There are far more serious issues in that team that need addressing!

Keep him away from CB! He's a bombscare!

I agree with him being terrible and it's part of our problem when we have too many players like that in our team. He would be a decent backup but the guy should be nowhere near the starting line up every week.

The positive comments about him are usually 'He tries hard and is a Rangers supporter' or 'He has a great attitude' but that's not good enough on it's on. You have to have the ability to match it.

he has played ONE game at centre half and yes he made ONE mistake (admittedly the worst game he could have done so) but apart from that error he did nothing wrong.

im NOT saying he should be first pick as i would rather play jordan or that davies lad ahead of him but we have to be realistic.

For all the people saying such and such isnt good enough we need new players how do you suggest we get these new players WE HAVE NO MONEY FFS

He has not just played one game at CB, he has been used a couple of times there when covering for players such as Cuellar and Bougherra mate and has always made me feel uneasy.. however you are right we have no money to bring in anyone of higher quality

At the mo i always feel uneasy regardless of who is playing where :craphead: , i mean this season about the cb for broady but im sure thats his first there this season, was it no lee mcculloch that covered while bougherra was out bar the celtic game? :rangers:

Broadfoot is reasonable and made a decent contribution last season especially. He also started this season reasonably well but seems to have struggled more recently. Pointing out one bad mistake against Celtic doesn't make him a terrible footballer.

Could we do better? Definitely? Is he terrible? No, just average.

Broadfoot is reasonable and made a decent contribution last season especially. He also started this season reasonably well but seems to have struggled more recently. Pointing out one bad mistake against Celtic doesn't make him a terrible footballer.

The Celtic error is only used as its fresh in the memory... however I agree he is not terrible just distinctly average.

I agree with Frankie. He's certainly not terrible. His perfomance against McNeedy a couple of old firm games ago was fantastic. Ripped the boy a new one and got up and down the wing ala Hutton. A "terrible footballer" wouldn't be capable of that...ever.

Agreed.

But the problem is, our team is full of "average" players, which is why we havent won the league in so long..having a team full of honest triers will only take you so far, and we have gone as far as we can go with this lot.

We're kinda stuck with him due to the money situation, sadly.

He IS brutal. I've seen a few folk attempting to deface Mendes' peformances recently in order to make Broadfoot look better, but that's laughable.

Even when Mendes isn't at his best, he's still likely to turn a game with a touch of brilliance. When Kirk isn't playing well, he's likely to lose a game with a moment of stupidity.

Broadfoot will no doubt be given a new deal and we'll be stuck with him in the 1st team until the current personel in the management team leave the club(hopefully all at the end of the season)

I agree. Indeed all I did was point out that mistake to dispel the myth that he 'never lets us down'. Not to prove he's a terrible footballer :)

Average by what standards though?

Frighteningly, i wouldn't be surprised if McCoist handed him the vice captaincy when he takes over. He's a massive fan and it was actually him who brought him to Rangers.

Broadfoot tries, but the fundamental aspects of his game are non-existant. He really slows the right side down.

In addition, while hard work and a good attitude shouldn't make any player exempt from criticism, if more players did show the kind of honest endevour Broadfoot does, we'd probably do better in midfield especially.

I'm not sure - you're suggesting many of our players just don't try - and I don't think I can agree with that.

Because for sheer effort Broadfoot does no more than Papac, Weir, Bougherra, Davis, Naismith, Novo or Miller. The only players who seem a little less 'whole hearted' at times are probably Ferguson, Mendes and Boyd. And even then I'm possibly being harsh.

But somehow this effort attribute is always used as a get out of jail card in his case.

Our team just isn't very good. Effort last season was used as our major key word while we slagged the appalling workman like football - this season we want more of it?

I'm very confused by what we as fans want, because whatever we get, it's always missing something else it seems.

Frighteningly, i wouldn't be surprised if McCoist handed him the vice captaincy when he takes over. He's a massive fan and it was actually him who brought him to Rangers.

Broadfoot tries, but the fundamental aspects of his game are non-existant. He really slows the right side down.

I just hope McCoist doesn't get the job!

We do have a much better footballer on loan at Hamilton, yes, I agree with that, but to pick out Broadfoot and class him as terrible is totally unfair, he has had good games and he has had bad games the exact same as every other bloody player in the squad who has managed to get a game. When Whittaker was playing at right back for a couple of games I was more worried about us conceding goals with him playing than Broadfoot.

Ever since he joined us and made the RB he has had continuous criticism and people comparing him to Hutton, it seems to me some people still can't get over Hutton leaving and because of that will always criticise Broadfoot even if he has a decent game, hell he must have been doing something right if he got called up to the Scotland squad and capped because Hutton was out injured.

I agree. Indeed all I did was point out that mistake to dispel the myth that he 'never lets us down'. Not to prove he's a terrible footballer :)

Average by what standards though?

Well titles saying he's 'terrible' and posts saying he's 'utterly poor', 'painfully mediocre' and 'first division standard' suggest otherwise IMO.

Regarding standards, I'd say he's average compared to the higher quality players who can win you leagues and deliver European level consistency. Nonetheless every team needs squad players and Broadfoot has proven himself useful in that respect.

Unfortunately, much of our team is now average - Broadfoot being far from the only one. Ergo, the point I'm making is that we can't blame our current woes on one specific player but the whole group who seem incapable of delivering consistent quality. I include our so-called star players in that.

Good got 15 mins to argue with you now :)

For a start he is not my man. And that proves my point that a lot of people on the board have been praising him before the old firm game and then what happens???? he makes a mistake and Celtic score from it..... point proving whipping boy for 1 mistake!

Well name a better choice right now than Broadfoot at either RB or CB?? Whittaker is of form n has never really looked anything special since his arrival from Hibs accept from one or 2 games at most! He is no Hutton or Cuellar..... thats a given but for what he does (Runs up and down the wings, half decent at crossing, good tacker and gives his all) he does it well!

And i can think of more times he has done good than bad so don't know why your meaning there?!

There are plenty to be hammered before Broadfoot gets it!