Fleck

MarkyMitch

Everyone always goes on how amazing he is and to be honest i've only seen this guy a few times for the U19's and i'm not saying he's gonna be the greatest player in the world, but after seeing him again last night he genuinely looks like he's got something!

Looks very confident and composed.

Surely he has to get a run in the team at some point!!

We need to give these talented youngsters a chance especially guys like Fleck, Aaron, McMillen etc.

They will only improve with first team experience.

I know this has been said many times about him and i'm not just going by what I saw last night but I think that he can really offer us something and improve the team!

He doesn't even need to start the next few games but at least give him a decent run out as a sub!

We need to start helping these players with their development.

IMO the next stage is 1st team experience.

I know a lot of people will agree with this but believe that Walter just won't bring youth through!

But I think he's gonna have to start doing so! We're trying to sell players and can't afford to buy any!

Why not give these talented kids a run out in their natural positions instead of trying 1st team players in unfamiliar positions!!

Seems basic to me!!

Thoughts?

Yes i agree but i think he is only potental right now, and we all know how easily potential is wasted.

Look at Timmy McCarthy had over a hundred first team appearances and is clearly working wonders on him. Where as Fleck is left in the reserves. I think games like last night he should be starting. If not coming off the bench

Send him on loan.

Walter will not blood a youngster at what he think is the expense of the league, despite playing older mongs such a Adam and lee.

Is Macmillan away for the rest of the season? I hope its not just for a month.

Fleck is one player I would not send out on loan, that guy is ready to be a regular now, I would rather drop Ferguson and play Fleck instead.

I wouldn't say they play the same position!

I may be wrong but I though Fleck was more of a striker or attacking midfielder (behind a striker).

Think he can play wide on the left as well.

I would like to see Aaron on the right wing, Davis and Mendes in the middle, Fleck on the left and Naismith up front with Boyd. Miller is way off form just now anyway and last night again proved he has no eye for goal.

Fleck is one player I would not send out on loan, that guy is ready to be a regular now, I would rather drop Ferguson and play Fleck instead.

I wouldn't say they play the same position!

I may be wrong but I though Fleck was more of a striker or attacking midfielder (behind a striker).

Think he can play wide on the left as well.

Mendes can play deeper with Fleck being the AM ;)

I would like to see Aaron on the right wing, Davis and Mendes in the middle, Fleck on the left and Naismith up front with Boyd. Miller is way off form just now anyway and last night again proved he has no eye for goal.

Miller does have an eye for goal, it's his heels he doesn't have an eye for. :lol: Then again, maybe he meant to miss the ball! :craphead:

That looks fucking immense on paper. And the thing is, in 3 or 4 years time when Mendes is too old Thomson would slot in and... oh dear Walter, why must you do this AC Milan narrowness?

Miller does have an eye for goal, it's his heels he doesn't have an eye for. :lol: Then again, maybe he meant to miss the ball! :craphead:

Noticed 4/5 times last night miller done the back heel only one did not come off that was the goal!!! if this was mendes we would all be going mad over him,

just a small point ;)

Playing Adam or McCulloch is like playing with 10 men anyway so I cannot see why he doesn't give a chance to someone who could actually contribute something.

Chances are with the way he sets the team up and his "tactics" we will not win the league. He needs to grow a pair of balls and start picking players on merit.

Fleck is ready, play him now. Aaron deserves a chance and so does Edu. The team needs freshening up. Lets face it these 3 young players can't contribute as little as the supposed stars they would replace.

Noticed 4/5 times last night miller done the back heel only one did not come off that was the goal!!! if this was mendes we would all be going mad over him,

just a small point ;)

Eh?

Mendes tried it once last night and it was a fucking superb backheel to Novo on the left wing. Completely took two St Johnstone players out the game and set us up for an attack.

That's the difference.

That's a great shout, can you imagine how exciting that would be to watch?

Nearly every attack would have us on the edge of our seats, purely because guys like Fleck and Aaron have the ability and confidence to go past a man, something very few of the current starting eleven have in their locker.

I have no doubt that Walter will persist with the three centre midfielders and a striker across the midfield four though. So frustrating.

just a small point ;)

Eh?

Mendes tried it once last night and it was a fucking superb backheel to Novo on the left wing. Completely took two St Johnstone players out the game and set us up for an attack.

That's the difference.

watch the game again and see miller do it 3/4 times broke up play and created attacks for davis and broadfoot I am not miller biggest fan but this type of play was class also so each to there own!!

watch the game again and see miller do it 3/4 times broke up play and created attacks for davis and broadfoot I am not miller biggest fan but this type of play was class also so each to there own!!

I agree, just getting sick of the constant 'If it was Mendes that done it.......' rubbish I'm reading almost every day.

I agree, just getting sick of the constant 'If it was Mendes that done it.......' rubbish I'm reading almost every day.

Lot of fans are full of excuses, sooner we all wake up. the sooner we can move forward with one voice (tu)

I aint picking on mendes I was just saying if it was a sung hero we would sing there praises but as its miller it goes un noticed by many, was just a wee point not meant to offend.

I aint picking on mendes I was just saying if it was a sung hero we would sing there praises but as its miller it goes un noticed by many, was just a wee point not meant to offend.

It won't offend me, but imagine Pedro's on here one day :P

Some of Miller's flicks are outrageously bad though!

It won't offend me, but imagine Pedro's on here one day :P

Some of Miller's flicks are outrageously bad though!

:lol:

I do agree I think last night was the first time he got over 80% spot on

Pedro if you are on here I am sorry for comparing you with miller :blush:

What gets me is that if Walter is not giving the younger players a chance so as to play it safe why can't he get his head around the fact that performances like last night are gonna cost him his job.

When things get really tough you know he's opt for big dumpling Lee and even bigger dumpling Charlie and this is what is gonna get him the bullet.

Play the younger players and get a bit of freshness into the side. We are as stale as a stale bit of bread on national staleness day !!

<cr>

Samir Nasri was a regular at Marseille when he was 17, the same age as Fleck but still he isn't even included in match squads. Look at Nasri now, he's 21 and he's playing one of the best leagues in the world and is usually picked for the French National Team.