Steven Lennon returns to Rangers

Muff

Rangers striker Steven Lennon's loan spell at Firhill was due to end on January 26th but today Thistle manager Ian McCall allowed Steven to return to Ibrox a little ahead of schedule.

Said the Thistle manager;

"Steven is a good player but things haven't really worked out for him at Firhill. I would like to thank him though for his efforts at Firhill and wish him every success for the rest of his career."

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2008-2009/janua..._ibrox#news_176

Never saw him play for Partick but it didn't sound too good from what I've heard. Sadly one who will never make it at Rangers.

Rangers striker Steven Lennon's loan spell at Firhill was due to end on January 26th but today Thistle manager Ian McCall allowed Steven to return to Ibrox a little ahead of schedule.

Said the Thistle manager;

"Steven is a good player but things haven't really worked out for him at Firhill. I would like to thank him though for his efforts at Firhill and wish him every success for the rest of his career."

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2008-2009/janua..._ibrox#news_176

Never saw him play for Partick but it didn't sound too good from what I've heard. Sadly one who will never make it at Rangers.

It is a shame, and, another of these players that was touted as "cant be any worse than we have in the team at the moment", yet, deemed not good enough for Partick.

I am really hoping the same doesnt happen with McMillan, but, I have higher hopes for him

He should have been given a go after the youth cup final. He was left to rot in the reserves for far too long. Lennon never was a world beater, but he was promising enough.

I imagine Rory Loy will criminally follow the same path.

I thought he had the ability to make it but looks like i was wrong

Rory Loy is a much better player and is more intelligent than Miller

If Boyd goes i wouldnt mind seeing him promoted to the 1st team when he comes back from Dunfermline

Hows he gettin on there anyway?

Partick have just signed a lad form my local Junior team Auchinleck Talbot,his name is Kris Doolan..............and guess what Rangers called the Talbot manager the same day asking about signing him 3 hrs after he signed with Thistle............so like Rangers always second,these days.

I suppose if Doolan makes it at Partick and we want him at a later date hes more of a chance of getting into the 1st team if Rangers have to pay money for him.

The boys a good player but I think Partick is about his level, hope not hes a nice lad and I hope he does well.

Heard he was a billy big time boy with a head far bigger than his career. If he had the talent, he'd still be there playing first team football.

im always "hearing that" about every one of our youngsters

usually from poor sources

He seems to have been on the fringes for years, I didnt realise he was only 20. As said, needed to go on loan years ago. File under David Graham, Tom Brighton, David Hagen, Daryl Duffy etc