RST "We Deserve Better" Campaign

RangersexoTrela

I think this is the RST now on its 4th or 5th point plan.

What makes them think that this one will be any less toothless than the rest of them?

We have a body who wants change from top to bottom at our club but dont want the person in charge and creator of the mess to leave. Surely to have their points met they require the current incumbent to leave?

The RST lost its moment to strike when they "outed" the stadium lease back campaign and ever since Murray has no doubts noted they dont have the bottle to go that extra yard and call for public dissent to end his stewardship.

It makes you wonder how many bullet point plans the RST need to see ignored before they realise talk is very cheap and ultimately useless against someone like Murray.

oh howdy btw my first post on here.

Hi,

As much as I admire the new campaign the fact that they are powerless and form only a fractional voice of the support hails it as yet like you said another 'bullet point plan'.

Until all Rangers fans unite with a common goal, ala the good of the club and to be restored as Scotland's number one prizewinners with a reputation that befits us, not a reputation that is slurried and slandered over all the Scottish media without recourse then any protests or campaigns will be met with resistance from within the support.

What makes them think that this one will be any less toothless than the rest of them?

We have a body who wants change from top to bottom at our club but dont want the person in charge and creator of the mess to leave. Surely to have their points met they require the current incumbent to leave?

The RST lost its moment to strike when they "outed" the stadium lease back campaign and ever since Murray has no doubts noted they dont have the bottle to go that extra yard and call for public dissent to end his stewardship.

It makes you wonder how many bullet point plans the RST need to see ignored before they realise talk is very cheap and ultimately useless against someone like Murray.

The reality of the situation is that David Murray is at Ibrox for the time being.

Unless any of us have a spare 50 mill or so we cannot buy him out.

Therefore, we have to accept the current situation and deal with it.

The aim of the RST's statement and recent media presence is to raise awareness among the support of the problems Rangers face and the club's failure to make improvements in many areas of activity. It also says that the slogan 'club for sale' should not be seen as an excuse for these failures.

I think this is the best approach at present.

The reality of the situation is that David Murray is at Ibrox for the time being.

The aim of the RST's statement and recent media presence is to raise awareness among the support of the problems Rangers face and the club's failure to make improvements in many areas of activity. It also says that the slogan 'club for sale' should not be seen as an excuse for these failures.

Chairman Mao-rray is here for the forseable I agree with but the Trust has been "raising awareness" for the last 4 -5 years. There voice no longer carries the power it once did due to the fact that over the last 18 months they allowed themselves to become rent a quote to any media outlet who wanted a soundbite.

There are arying options as to how to oust Murray not all have been looked at, personally I dont believe Murray is actively trying to sell the club as unlike most clubs owners who are in an active selling position Murray has not appointed an accountancy firm or bank like DeLoitte (who I think are handling Ashleys attempted sale of Newcastle) to open the sale out to prospective buyers.

We are the victims of Murrays mismanagement to be in the position we are in but to believe that keeping him in place will sort all our woes due to the issuing of some bullet points is nothing short of fantasy.

Protests to let Murray know we want him out will make him aware we would rather he left ASAP rather than stringing it out as much as possible.

Chairman Mao-rray is here for the forseable I agree with but the Trust has been "raising awareness" for the last 4 -5 years. There voice no longer carries the power it once did due to the fact that over the last 18 months they allowed themselves to become rent a quote to any media outlet who wanted a soundbite.

There are arying options as to how to oust Murray not all have been looked at, personally I dont believe Murray is actively trying to sell the club as unlike most clubs owners who are in an active selling position Murray has not appointed an accountancy firm or bank like DeLoitte (who I think are handling Ashleys attempted sale of Newcastle) to open the sale out to prospective buyers.

We are the victims of Murrays mismanagement to be in the position we are in but to believe that keeping him in place will sort all our woes due to the issuing of some bullet points is nothing short of fantasy.

Protests to let Murray know we want him out will make him aware we would rather he left ASAP rather than stringing it out as much as possible.

Murray himself has said HE want's out, he has stated that he won't be difficult to deal with but he has also made it clear that there are NO buyers out there. Who in their right mind would want to buy a football club in the current financial market.

Therefore, calling for SDM to go is a completely pointless excercise & just shows a lack of thought.

If he can't get a buyer of substance right away and he knows the fans are turning on him, would it not be feasible for him to appoint a chairman in his place to oversee the running of Rangers, or is he frightened that someone else might actually do a good job of it.

Until all Rangers fans unite with a common goal, ala the good of the club and to be restored as Scotland's number one prizewinners with a reputation that befits us, not a reputation that is slurried and slandered over all the Scottish media without recourse then any protests or campaigns will be met with resistance from within the support.

This is never, ever going to happen. With any large group you will never have everyone agreeing with each other. Certain people can't accept the main aim is the important one, others want to make it personal and some will just disagree with you completely. If your starting point is total fan unity then things will never happen.

Moreover, change often comes from a minority group, sometimes tiny. It just needs certain people to speak up and for the others to start saying that they agree with the main aim and support it. That's it. Then others will follow. If we nitpick over individuals and obsess over how certain things were said when we think one word should have been replaced by another, it's pointless and going nowhere.

If you agree with the main aim, speak up in public and support it. If you think you can do better then do better!

Murray himself has said HE want's out, he has stated that he won't be difficult to deal with but he has also made it clear that there are NO buyers out there. Who in their right mind would want to buy a football club in the current financial market.

Therefore, calling for SDM to go is a completely pointless excercise & just shows a lack of thought.

Murray said himself HE wants out? The same man who "budgets for a first round euro exit" but we have to sell to balance the books.

He said there are NO buyers out there but regailed us only recently with tales of how he stopped the sale of the club to someone who he thought didnt have the best interest of the club at heart.

Forgive me if id rather poke out my own eyeballs before believeing a proven liar.

Calling for SDM to go will create more publicity, hence spreading the word wider that the fans want someone new in charge or have we to wait for someone to pop up in the Daily Record saying they want to buy the club before we tell Murray to shift?

I share some of your scepticism about just how open SDM may be to offers.

However, past experience points to significant elements of the support who tend to back the current Board when it is confronted by outright hostility.

These people may never be persuaded.

But getting across the message to others that it is only reasonable to demand that SDM ups his game in terms of running the club plants a seed of doubt in the minds of the waverers.

The true extent of Rangers' problems may only become apparent at the end of this transfer window.

I sense that, while some fans realised long ago that there were fundamental failings, others have taken years to reach the same conclusion.

I don't believe SDM will be displaced by demonstrations and that these can be counter-productive unless entirely spontaneous.

If he can't get a buyer of substance right away and he knows the fans are turning on him, would it not be feasible for him to appoint a chairman in his place to oversee the running of Rangers, or is he frightened that someone else might actually do a good job of it.

He could always appoint Alfred Hitchcock again like the last time.

Would it be such a bad thing? In fact I think appointing just about anyone would have a positive affect at the moment. Many want to see a change of face.

Would it be such a bad thing? In fact I think appointing just about anyone would have a positive affect at the moment. Many want to see a change of face.

It would be a disaster like the last time.

It doesnt matter who the chairman is or isnt, Martin Bain is Chief Executive and has the power to sack Smith but that doesnt take away from the fact that Murray owns almost all of the shares and will do whatever he wants.

Taking millions out of the club while he is at it.