Boyd

lewisrfc93

219 members have voted

1. 1. Will he score 30+ goals this season?

• yes
    • no

He's scoring and no-one doubts him over that but his all round play is shocking. He improved for a spell and has now gone downhill. I watched the Falkirk game today on RTV and he was awful. He took a flick to the head and walked about rubbing it for 3 minutes.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's scoring and no-one doubts him over that but his all round play is shocking. He improved for a spell and has now gone downhill. I watched the Falkirk game today on RTV and he was awful. He took a flick to the head and walked about rubbing it for 3 minutes.

Exactly. In the last few months i've read on here that 'he continues to prove the doubters wrong'.

What doubters? Who has ever doubted his goalscoring ability? In recent months his overall play has been just as bad as the off form Kenny Miller's.

Exactly. In the last few months i've read on here that 'he continues to prove the doubters wrong'.

What doubters? Who has ever doubted his goalscoring ability? In recent months his overall play has been just as bad as the off form Kenny Miller's.

Seriously? If you think about it, many do. The whole "only tap ins", "penalties", "diddy teams" comments. All doubts ;)

EDIT: See the post below for Gaffbears comments! as I said.

Take away his pens and how many has he scored?

How many against Celtic or in Europe the past 2 seasons?

Wouldn't anyone who hangs around the 6 yard box score the same amount??

Just a thought

no they wouldnt

Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. He's not quite as shocking as he used to be, but any improvement has pretty much disappeared as far as I can see. At least he's stopped doing that cringeworthy roly-poly celebration.

Seriously? If you think about it, many do. The whole "only tap ins", "penalties", "diddy teams" comments. All doubts ;)

EDIT: See the post below for Gaffbears comments! as I said.

He'll prove me wrong when he starts to merit constant selection and score regularly against the Scum and when we're in Europe.

Until then, doubts about his ability to score against decent teams will always linger whether we like it or not.

I wouldn't even give him the chance to play at the piggery/against celtc, European matches, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United....away - he's bloody hopeless in these type of matches.

Go with a striker who is going to be all round effective, not someone who is going to do bugger all but maybe pop up with a goal. He constant getting caught offside, giving away fouls, failing to trouble the central defenders, lack of pace, touch, miss placed passes and all round laziness gets on my tits. The flick to his head he took on Saturday was the final straw for me - not even a sore one. Instead of going down or off for treatment, he continue to walk about, rubbing his head, even when he was 75-25 in favour of winning a ball. There was also the time when Fleck played a ball over the top, Boyd made himself some space and because it wasn't to his feet and he'd have to run for it, he gave up straight away.

World Class goalscorer - yes, shite footballer - sadly, yes. Certain matches and opposition you need footballers on the park.

The sooner he is sold, the better.

I'd agree with that.

With the players we have available, 4-5-1 (played correctly) is our best bet.

We've got three good central midfielders (Davis, Edu/Ferguson and Mendes), two up and coming awesome attack minded players that are comfy as wingers (Fleck and Aaron) and I'd sell most of our strike force to buy a couple of strikers that we can rotate who are comfy playing as the point man in that formation.

Again, as I've been trying to underline over the past few days, nothing personal against Boyd - I just think we'd get good money for him and it'd benefit the team as a whole.