My question to you is... Do you understand?

dummiesoot

I have seen and also written a lot on the 'modern' bear, but do you have the same passion as Minstral, Manticore et al tell ius please because all we read is that the 'traditional bears' have got it wrong. I no longer go to the games in any regular way, but believe me that I have had numerous fights with the missus because I am cursing at the radio or at the telly when The Rangers are on and she can't understand where it comes from... all i can say is you ain't a bear you'll never understand.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen and also written a lot on the 'modern' bear, but do you have the same passion as Minstral, Manticore et al tell ius please because all we read is that the 'traditional bears' have got it wrong. I no longer go to the games in any regular way, but believe me that I have had numerous fights with the missus because I am cursing at the radio or at the telly when The Rangers are on and she can't understand where it comes from... all i can say is you ain't a bear you'll never understand.

Completely.

:541:

Unterstand completely mate

(tu)

Its the "new breed" who are the problem. As Sir Jimmy of Pursey sang....They dont understand, no they dont understand, they're never gonna understand........." (couldn't find it on Youtube)

Well fucking understand this........I will be changing for nobody. If i choose to despise everything the bheggars stand for, and also the way SDM has distanced Rangers from the fans, then i shall, and I do. I will continue to say so. I grew up loving a club which is no longer recognisable to me, I will fight tooth & nail to get that feeling back.

What is there to understand?

And as for the missus' opinion? Who gives a flying fuck, i loved Rangers long before i became slightly fond of her, but the difference is, I still care for The Rangers.

I will repeat myself from another thread and hopefully these people start to understand because if they don't they would be as well fcuk off now and support partick thistle ! :sherlock:

A've never changed and never will, and will still be at Ibrox when all the phonies and handwringers have pissed off. And if that makes me a bigot in the eyes of self appointed judges then so be it am a Bigot. Fcuk them all but God Bless My Family, The Glasgow Rangers, Her Majesty The Queen, The United Kingdom with special mention to the Six Counties for their Loyalty and Courage in the face of extreme hostility, and Glasgow Rangers supporters everywhere ! W.A.T.P. No Surrender.

I understand completely. I love Rangers more than anything. And no-one aside from fellow bears can understand that love and how strong it is. Results dictating my mood for the next week or so. Cursing at the telly (or wherever I happen to be catching the game). Refusing to read newspapers that spout pish about the club I love... All irrational to someone who doesn't understand.

We don't need to apologise for our way of life. I certainly wont.

i was at the mothers house on saturday and she kept banging on the roof ( of the toilet,which is below the room i was in) as i was cursing and swearing like a trooper while listening to the radio, my father refuses to sit in the same room as me while watching games as i am constantly shouting at the tv and useing colourful language.

I would say i Understand.

Yes same here but I go to the all home games (league,Europe,cup games etc) and some away games sometimes and when we drop points i'm never in a good mood, and come home and start moaning about the game or the ref to people who dont care about football like ma mum. she tells me te shut up dont want te hear about it,

No one likes watching a ranger game with me always shouting and moaning people say a canny sit and just watch a rangers game it impossible lol. and some people cant understand how I shout and slag some Rangers players when they are playing shite. i.e. charlie adam.

I get this from my dad he's the only one i can watch a game with because we think he same way.

but i canny help it need to moan about it to someone.

with all my uncles cousins etc being Celtic fans it gets a bit depressing when you heare about us not being able to sign any players and struggling to win games.

its only me in my dad that are the rangers fans, but my dads side are all rangers n ma mums celtic. but i suppose when We were winning every year they felt the same way.

but this is the first time i am felling the worst of being a rangers fans as i am only 17 i have grew up with rangers winning the league most years trebles and also 9 in a row. and its hard to understand sometimes how we can go from having A player like Amorusso to davie weir.

but we will get through it and the manky mob will soon be were we are the now.

the longest I have ever seen celtic win the league for is 3 years so if history repeats itself we will win the league this year and another few years after this one. :uk:

soon we will be seeing this again.

I would say I understand

post-9551-1232544326_thumb.jpg

Spending hours running the Rangers section of Swedish sports site SvenskaFans.com, despite the Scum coming over for potshots shouting or spamming insults every other day, potshotting them back, trying to keep my temper so as not to break Swedish law in the process ;). Writing pre-match reports, match reports, news items every time anything pops up, keeping up with fans and general Joes that wants to know how to buy tickets.

Sitting half an hour before every game trying desperately to get a descent stream so that I can watch the game, cursing that the stream won't work properly, watching the broken stream and alt-tabbing to the Rangers website live report and the current match thread om RM.

Explaining time and time again to people I meet that Celtic are only popular in Sweden because of Henrik Larsson, but that Rangers is the club with the traditions and the top record and trophy section of the world, and actually the stronger Swedish connection of Scottish clubs (Joachim Bjorklund, Örjan Persson, Robert Prytz, Karl Svensson, Jonas Thern, Lee Baxter), but that basically it's as simple as you're either a Rangers supporter or you're not.

Being happy I now attend the Uni, so that I can save grants and loans and actually go see Rangers live.

Yes, I believe I understand.

Spending hours running the Rangers section of Swedish sports site SvenskaFans.com, despite the Scum coming over for potshots shouting or spamming insults every other day, potshotting them back, trying to keep my temper so as not to break Swedish law in the process ;). Writing pre-match reports, match reports, news items every time anything pops up, keeping up with fans and general Joes that wants to know how to buy tickets.

Sitting half an hour before every game trying desperately to get a descent stream so that I can watch the game, cursing that the stream won't work properly, watching the broken stream and alt-tabbing to the Rangers website live report and the current match thread om RM.

Explaining time and time again to people I meet that Celtic are only popular in Sweden because of Henrik Larsson, but that Rangers is the club with the traditions and the top record and trophy section of the world, and actually the stronger Swedish connection of Scottish clubs (Joachim Bjorklund, Örjan Persson, Robert Prytz, Karl Svensson, Jonas Thern, Lee Baxter), but that basically it's as simple as you're either a Rangers supporter or you're not.

Being happy I now attend the Uni, so that I can save grants and loans and actually go see Rangers live.

Absolutely every credit to you mate. Keep up the excellent work. :cheers:

I would say you do mate.

Good post. :21:

Excellent Thaum1el.

When you do come over for a game don't hesitate to let us know, i'm sure there are plenty who will be happy to meet you for a pint before the game. :cheers:

give that man a :beer1:

All of the problems that Rangers have on and off the pitch relate to one thing:

The Chairman and owner of the club is NOT a traditional Rangers fan and, as such, does not understand.

He has become a Rangers fan only because he seen the club as a viable investment and had no option other than to become a Rangers fan.

Remember he tried to buy Ayr Utd before Rangers, that shows how much of a fan he was.

He has never queued for hours, wasting days in the process, simply to buy a ticket for a big game or bunked off school on a Wednesday afternoon in order to watch Rangers up at Aberdeen.

All of the problems that Rangers have on and off the pitch relate to one thing:

The Chairman and owner of the club is NOT a traditional Rangers fan and, as such, does not understand.

He has become a Rangers fan only because he seen the club as a viable investment and had no option other than to become a Rangers fan.

Remember he tried to buy Ayr Utd before Rangers, that shows how much of a fan he was.

He has never queued for hours, wasting days in the process, simply to buy a ticket for a big game or bunked off school on a Wednesday afternoon in order to watch Rangers up at Aberdeen.

I said this to a supossed bear in the boozer last week, he didnt understand.

This thread says it all, i should print it off and leave it in the boozer to be passed onto him.

Well, if you fight with the Mrs because of Rangers then you may not be a bad Bear, but you are certainly a bad husband

Thats the big misconception that we hear from the older bears, because we dont sing the old songs, because we dont think like you do etc etc, that we are lesser bears

I shout at the PC all the time btw - The Mrs laughs at me all the time but she knows that I care deeply about the Rangers, yet even more deeply about her

I have lost family this past year and Rangers fortunes have sunk

I know which of the two hurt me the most