My question to you is... Do you understand?

dummiesoot

I am a 'Modern' bear - I understand completely!

You dont have to be a 'traditionalist' to love Rangers (But as a 'Modern' Bear on here you sometimes need a thick skin!!)

You can change your wife - many do, but do you EVER hear of anyone changing allegience to their team - Nope!

For those who dont think you can be modern, like SDM and Smith and still love Rangers I say "Get Stuffed"!

Thats pish ! :sherlock:

No sir, it is true - and failure to uinderstand and accept that argument is one of our supports main problems right now

And you're failure to understand and accept that this is his personal viewpoint makes you what exactly?

Correct? Now that is pish!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an odd one.

It's a bit annoying when people discount your opinion because you're only 22 without having actually taken time to get your view on things.

what would you know ya young un :rolleyes:

See what I mean! :anguish:

:craphead:

I am a 'Modern' bear - I understand completely!

You dont have to be a 'traditionalist' to love Rangers (But as a 'Modern' Bear on here you sometimes need a thick skin!!)

You can change your wife - many do, but do you EVER hear of anyone changing allegience to their team - Nope!

For those who dont think you can be modern, like SDM and Smith and still love Rangers I say "Get Stuffed"!

Thats pish ! :sherlock:

No sir, it is true - and failure to uinderstand and accept that argument is one of our supports main problems right now

And you're failure to understand and accept that this is his personal viewpoint makes you what exactly?

Correct? Now that is pish!

Missed the point entirely

I have my own views, but as far as following Rangers goes, I dont care what others believe, that is up to them, as you say, a personal thing

However what I am saying is that division between the traditionalists and the modern fans is tearing a hole in our support - can you deny that?

My point is that it is those that refuse to tolerate the opposite viewpoint (both sides) are to blame for where we are headed

I have been supporting the team since I was 7 yr old - 1954. Still watch every game and as you know issue prematch analysis and match reports.

Whether you are young, middle aged, older, if you have a love for Rangers and support them then its in your blood.

Bears can have differences in their viewpoints. Pro or anti Murray, Walter, religion, etc. We are all different. The glue that bonds is simple - the love of Rangers FC.

simply and beautifully put nvager.

I have my own views, but as far as following Rangers goes, I dont care what others believe, that is up to them, as you say, a personal thing

However what I am saying is that division between the traditionalists and the modern fans is tearing a hole in our support - can you deny that?

My point is that it is those that refuse to tolerate the opposite viewpoint (both sides) are to blame for where we are headed

Is it, ? we may disagree on MB's etc but where is the evidence of our support being torn apart......

Its the "new breed" who are the problem. As Sir Jimmy of Pursey sang....They dont understand, no they dont understand, they're never gonna understand........." (couldn't find it on Youtube)

Well fucking understand this........I will be changing for nobody. If i choose to despise everything the bheggars stand for, and also the way SDM has distanced Rangers from the fans, then i shall, and I do. I will continue to say so. I grew up loving a club which is no longer recognisable to me, I will fight tooth & nail to get that feeling back.

What is there to understand?

And as for the missus' opinion? Who gives a flying fuck, i loved Rangers long before i became slightly fond of her, but the difference is, I still care for The Rangers.

Pray tell, what are you going to do exactly?

Is it, ? we may disagree on MB's etc but where is the evidence of our support being torn apart......

for one, instances like last weekend and the abuse given to the Bears who unfurled the We Deserve Better banner

In addition, read through the threads on here daily, you can see that there is a widening split

yeah i understand what totally what dummiesout is saying I'm only 19 myself and i go all over the country following the bears and i wouldn't trade it for anything but there are too many people attached to our support these days who treat following the club like some kind of chore or who are only there because theres nae rugby on or witever.

It really annoys me when i see people of a similar age or younger ones on here coming out with stuff like "ohh isn't it about time we forgot all this being proud to be British stuff and why don't we drop the union flag as its makes us look like right wing hooligan supporting racists" or "lets stop singing the sash because it gives the mhedia ammo to use against or the why cant we just stick to rangers songs brigade" and other similar dross.

Half of them sound like mopes in the way that they try to rubbish the history and traditions of our great club, they one they claim to love but the posters on here who get labeled dinosaurs on here will always be around and are not the minority like some would've ye believe, there will always me and more hardcore bears proud of club and country to take there place to defend and pass on the traditions of the club (tu)

No surrender :uk:

Easily. I speak to bears with all sorts of views on our greatest of clubs. Can't say I've witnessed any do-not-cross drawing of lines between the varying opinions, the common bond is The Rangers and that's most important of all.

There seems to be willingness for some to build and perpetuate a myth that our club, in bygone days, was somehow better, somehow more real, with a more unified support. As if there was only one way to feel about The Rangers.

It's nonsense of course - the only constant I have witnessed in nearing five decades has been change. Most of it (but not all) for the better.

I certainly understand.

for one, instances like last weekend and the abuse given to the Bears who unfurled the We Deserve Better banner

In addition, read through the threads on here daily, you can see that there is a widening split

A couple of people being told to sit on there arse is hardly a support tearing themselves apart....happens every week in the EE banners or not..... ;)

MB's are notoriously bad barometers of the support at large's feelings, never take them as a guide about how the support at large is feeling

I often chuckle when I read all the threads/posts using terms such as ''turning into a club I dont recognise'' and ''new breed of fans''. All I picture in my minds eye, is an old man trying desperately to cling on to something he believes belongs more to him than it does to the newcomer.

In truth it is the complete opposite. Rangers is a modern club, and a business. It has become more and more of a business over the years, in line with the game of football itself. That is unstoppable. The days of a traditional Rangers fan as Chairman are long over. If such a man was at the helm in todays financial climate the club would be in such huge debt the administrators would have been here a long time ago.

If the traditionalist cannot get their mind around this, then they are indeed less of a fan of Rangers than the 'new breed'.

They are not supporting our great club, but merely the memory of what once was. A hard pill to swallow im sure, but true nonetheless.

yeah i understand what totally what dummiesout is saying I'm only 19 myself and i go all over the country following the bears and i wouldn't trade it for anything but there are too many people attached to our support these days who treat following the club like some kind of chore or who are only there because theres nae rugby on or witever.

It really annoys me when i see people of a similar age or younger ones on here coming out with stuff like "ohh isn't it about time we forgot all this being proud to be British stuff and why don't we drop the union flag as its makes us look like right wing hooligan supporting racists" or "lets stop singing the sash because it gives the mhedia ammo to use against or the why cant we just stick to rangers songs brigade" and other similar dross.

Half of them sound like mopes in the way that they try to rubbish the history and traditions of our great club, they one they claim to love but the posters on here who get labeled dinosaurs on here will always be around and are not the minority like some would've ye believe, there will always me and more hardcore bears proud of club and country to take there place to defend and pass on the traditions of the club (tu)

And there we have it - you have labelled all the fans who dont agree with the british and proddy traditions and lesser fans - and you wonder why they complain? lol

Incredible

How about taking the enlightened approach, that both sides have their views but at the end of the day we are all supporting the same team?

There's a balance to be found from realising it's not 1690 any more and not forgetting the staunchly Protestant history of our club.

Some people end up piling heavily onto one side of that balance and that's where the arguments start.

And there we have it - you have labelled all the fans who dont agree with the british and proddy traditions and lesser fans - and you wonder why they complain? lol

Incredible

How about taking the enlightened approach, that both sides have their views but at the end of the day we are all supporting the same team?

We all want whats best for OUR club some have different views but its all for one goal :scot::uk:

There's a balance to be found from realising it's not 1690 any more and not forgetting the staunchly Protestant history of our club.

Some people end up piling heavily onto one side of that balance and that's where the arguments start.

Take that away and you are only taking away a small part of what Rangers mean traditionally. What you are left with is Rangers should be a club that never falter, never accept second best, strive to achieve greatness in every endeavour, stand proud and strong, be disciplined in all schools and live the values set before us by Mr Struth.

So no, it's not all about hating fenians as some would have you wish, there's alot more to Rangers than that, unfortunately to the modern day fan it's a day out where the result doesn't really matter and whoever pisses on us are allowed to without recourse.

Take that away and you are only taking away a small part of what Rangers mean traditionally. What you are left with is Rangers should be a club that never falter, never accept second best, strive to achieve greatness in every endeavour, stand proud and strong, be disciplined in all schools and live the values set before us by Mr Struth.

So no, it's not all about hating fenians as some would have you wish, there's alot more to Rangers than that, unfortunately to the modern day fan it's a day out where the result doesn't really matter and whoever pisses on us are allowed to without recourse.

Oh aye, I totally agree.

It's hard trying to fit it perfectly and suitably into a sentence though, you put it pretty well sir (tu)

papaguy it's so hard for people to tear themselves away from the religious aspect because it's been rubbed into their noses that it is big and bad. But fact remains Rangers have indelible links to the Protestant religion as do Celtic with the papal sect. Why should it be construed as an evil thing? What is happening is that in trying to distance themselves from this people are actually forgetting the other traditions of Rangers.

But fact remains Rangers have indelible links to the Protestant religion as do Celtic with the papal sect. Why should it be construed as an evil thing?

You could probably close the thread with that (tu)

I think it would be better to finish it by pointing out that finally large sections of the support are openly making it clear they want anything to do with that. Ever increasing sections as well.