Seriously if you were going to buy a Ranger

nvager

McGregor, Boyd, Fleck and maybe Naismith but he has been out injured a long time and JUST barely back.

Thomson IS injured. Mendes, Davis, Bougherra and Miller have just arrived this season. Barry is too old. The rest are not good enough.

Now out of the four mentioned above Naismith is probably going to need time to prove he has recovered from injury.

That leaves McGregor, Boyd and Fleck.

If you knew that RFC would accept a 3m offer for these three ( Boyd nearer 4m due to the Killie add on fee), then who becomes best value for money?

It looks to me like McGregor or Fleck. Both have a chance of being world class if they reach their limits. McGregor in the UEFA Cup was outstanding at times.

Fleck is starting at 17 but his potential is almost limitless.

My guess is Fleck will be the target, but I would much rather lose any of the rest.

If Fleck went for £3m there would be hell to pay.

I think that one would even tip the hardest of hardcore fans over the edge.

Seriously if the club have any ambition at all then selling Fleck would be the last thing on their minds. There's plenty who should leave before he does, including Boyd imo.

McGregor, Boyd, Fleck and maybe Naismith but he has been out injured a long time and JUST barely back.

Thomson IS injured. Mendes, Davis, Bougherra and Miller have just arrived this season. Barry is too old. The rest are not good enough.

Now out of the four mentioned above Naismith is probably going to need time to prove he has recovered from injury.

That leaves McGregor, Boyd and Fleck.

If you knew that RFC would accept a 3m offer for these three ( Boyd nearer 4m due to the Killie add on fee), then who becomes best value for money?

It looks to me like McGregor or Fleck. Both have a chance of being world class if they reach their limits. McGregor in the UEFA Cup was outstanding at times.

Fleck is starting at 17 but his potential is almost limitless.

My guess is Fleck will be the target, but I would much rather lose any of the rest.

in order

McGregor

Boyd

Fleck

Alexander could cover, we have no other real goalscorers, and, selling Fleck, as papa said, would just be too much. Absolute stupidity in fact

Some are blind that cannot see.

Every Rangers player is for sale and will be for the forseeable future.

I believe that no player is bigger than the club and every one has their price and is replaceable. I have no problem with that fact as long as:

1) the club is being run on a prudent and realistic financial basis

2) players are sold for realistic values that are favourable to Rangers

As for some of the posts.

I very much doubt that anyone would offer 3m for Fleck at the moment and , if they did, you can be sure that it wouldn't all be up front.

As for their being uproar if he was sold. My reaction is that well used Glasgow phrase - Heard It. It would appear that nothing gets our apathetic support hot and bothered apart from some fans demanding better.

Thousands pay their season ticket money to support a selling club - end of.

Some are blind that cannot see.

Every Rangers player is for sale and will be for the forseeable future.

I believe that no player is bigger than the club and every one has their price and is replaceable. I have no problem with that fact as long as:

1) the club is being run on a prudent and realistic financial basis

2) players are sold for realistic values that are favourable to Rangers

As for some of the posts.

I very much doubt that anyone would offer 3m for Fleck at the moment and , if they did, you can be sure that it wouldn't all be up front.

As for their being uproar if he was sold. My reaction is that well used Glasgow phrase - Heard It. It would appear that nothing gets our apathetic support hot and bothered apart from some fans demanding better.

Thousands pay their season ticket money to support a selling club - end of.

I can see your point of view, but selling Fleck would take away the hopes of so many who are just now looking forward to seeing the next world class Ranger.

The first for a long time. It would I think galvanize a BIG fan reaction. Much larger than you might imagine. It would be the last straw for many with SDM and Walter.

As for a fee of 3m for such potential compared to what MU and Arsenal have paid for other world class youngsters - it is a bargain imo.

As for a fee of 3m for such potential compared to what MU and Arsenal have paid for other world class youngsters - it is a bargain imo.

aye but fleck isnt world class yet and has yet to be tested anywhere near a level that could convince most people that he could be

Has passed all the tests for his age limit so far.

aye but fleck isnt world class yet and has yet to be tested anywhere near a level that could convince most people that he could be

He's world class for his age. The times article isn't the first time he's been in the top 10 for exciting prospects. Whether he becomes a world class player has still to be seen, but he is in the world's elite of 17 year olds

He's world class for his age. The times article isn't the first time he's been in the top 10 for exciting prospects. Whether he becomes a world class player has still to be seen, but he is in the world's elite of 17 year olds

I now understand why they plan to ban happy hours and cheap supermarket booze.

I really think we'll struggle to shift anyone. It might come down to the last couple of days and some cheeky club will put in a bid on the cheap to force us to sell in desperation? I will reiterate what i have already mentioned several months ago, Steve Davis may well be targeted. Has no one found it odd that he has arguably been our best player and yet we've heard of no interest surrounding him? Thats strange when you consider previous trends - ( Boumsong, Cuellar ).. I just hope im wrong...

Read a newspaper report from 10 years ago on the best players in world football and you'll be shocked (or just confused) at some of the names appearing on there - I remember reading one on Scottish football around then and the number one prospect was Darren Mackie.

It's exceptionally hard, outside of the one in a million talents like Messi, to know how good a young player will really be when he hits his peak. For that reason, whilst I have high hopes for Fleck, I think clubs would see McGregor as better value for money at £3 million.