McCoist - Boyd Irreplaceable

OrangeBurn

Sky Sports

Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist believes it would be virtually impossible to replace striker Kris Boyd.

Boyd looked destined to leave the club this month after Birmingham agreed a fee for his services only for the transfer to collapse over personal terms.

The former Kilmarnock striker has been in superb form for the Ibrox side this term with an astonishing 20 SPL goals from just 19 starts.

Gers could well yet lose Boyd before the window closes due to their financial state, but McCoist believes a void would be created in the side if he left.

Very, very valuable

"It goes without saying that Kris is very, very valuable to us due to his goals," said the assistant manager.

"He has been in phenomenal form putting the ball in the back of the net and it would be a very hard job to replace him.

"But he has already turned down a potential move to Birmingham and he is 100 per cent well within his rights to do so."

Gers chairman Sir David Murray has come under fire from fans over the club's decision to cash in on Boyd.

Sympathetic

However, McCoist believes supporters need to be slightly more sympathetic given the club's desire to raise funds in order to stay on top of their debt mountain.

He added: "I can totally understand where the fans are coming from because the vast majority aren't interested in books or accounts.

"Speaking as a fan myself, I want to see the best team on the park winning games of football.

"But, in this climate, they have to sit back and have a look and realise it's tough everywhere.

"Sadly, I think it will get slightly worse for everyone - not just in football - before it gets better."

How many different viewpoints can he have?

Did he not say we could win without boyd the other day? :lol:

That's Ally 'Soundbite' McCoist for you.

Ally "super " Mccoist to you.......

:D

He does like a soundbite or two nonetheless.

Cheeky piece of journalistic word-twisting going on there in the article though, as you say.