One off games or 2 leg semi-finals?

Tontospal

Burnley were unlucky to lose tonight but the 2 leg semi-final will always favour the bigger side.

For me, the SFL has it right with a one-off game played to a finish.

My only reservation is that I would play the games at a smaller ground unless Rangers are playing celtc. I know that would prove unpopular as some fans would miss out but I would play Rangers - Falkrk for example at Motherwell and Celtc - Dundee Utd at Tynecastle or Easter Rd.

Given those examples Falkirk and Dundee Utd could get 5,000 tickets with the remainder going to the old firm. I don't know how many tickets they have taken for the games at Hampden but I wouldn't be surprised if it was around this figure for both sides.

A smaller crowd but a much better atmosphere and spectacle IMO than playing at Hampden.

Used to be a two legged affair until Murray took over he thought they where ripping the pish.

What a lot of crap.

Why let the facts get in the way of a good story, especially where Murray is involved.

The first trophy Rangers won under Souness was the League Cup. We defeated Dundee Utd in the semi-final at Hampden when Murray had nothing to do with the club.

Used to be a two legged affair until Murray took over he thought they where ripping the pish.

What a lot of crap.

Why let the facts get in the way of a good story, especially where Murray is involved.

The first trophy Rangers won under Souness was the League Cup. We defeated Dundee Utd in the semi-final at Hampden when Murray had nothing to do with the club.

Think you,ll find young man Rangers have been playing for the league cup sinse 1945/46 season when it was first introduced into Scottish football.It has changed format a number of times over the years from group sections,two legged semi,s, and a number of others. There was life at Ibrox long before Souness came in you know.

One off, I do think the smaller venue idea is a good one though. A packed Tynecastle split 50-50 down the middle between us and Hibs/Hearts/Dundee United/Aberdeen/etc. would be a cracking atmosphere; whilst if you put us against either of those sides in a half empty Hampden it just becomes a chore.

What a lot of crap.

Think you,ll find young man Rangers have been playing for the league cup sinse 1945/46 season when it was first introduced into Scottish football.It has changed format a number of times over the years from group sections,two legged semi,s, and a number of others. There was life at Ibrox long before Souness came in you know.

Think you'll find old man that my comment was a direct response to another post.

What a lot of crap.

Think you'll find old man that my comment was a direct response to another post.

OK I,LL except your apoligies.

Think hes joking lads, ie Murray-2legs-rippin the pish . !

BINGO. Aye just a wee pish take.

In very poor taste :craphead:

So is the mess he,s put Rangers in.

It is.

But the 'joke' is the sort of thing I expect to see elsewhere.

Are you sure you're on the correct forum?

What I said.

Explain in more detail what you mean go on be a MAN.

Oooh get her - ' be a MAN' :mutley:

I don't know what information you would like here.

If you think I'm accusing you of being an earl, no I'm not at that stage, but I have to point out that that sort of internet bile is common currency on the dark side.

What I said.

Explain in more detail what you mean go on be a MAN.

Oooh get her - ' be a MAN' :mutley:

I don't know what information you would like here.

If you think I'm accusing you of being an earl, no I'm not at that stage, but I have to point out that that sort of internet bile is common corrency on the dark side.

I,ll take your word for that as I dont frequent their forums I will bow to your superior knowledge. If you knew me personnally bud you,d be begging my forgiveness, and my lodge would be putting me through my R.A.P degree again.

And dont ever accuss me of being a bead rattler or you and I will need to meet on the level. ;)

:mutley:

I humbly crave your forgiveness oh Grand Pooh Bah.

And I will accuse anybody of being one of them if I think they are one. But before I do so I would report them to modmin.

If you could check I think you would find I have a pretty good record of sniffing them out.

:mutley:

I humbly crave your forgiveness oh Grand Pooh Bah.

And a will accuse anybody of being one of them if I think they are one. But before I do so I would report them to modmin.

If you could check I think you would find I have a pretty good record of sniffing them out.

:ph34r: