Mark Hateley's column

You have to assume that Rangers sanctioned that piece, Hateley is a club employee and I can't see him 'giving-up' dressing room secrets, a huge no-no in football, without running it past Walter first. If he hasn't then the management team will lynch him.

Either way it is bloody interesting and far more frank and informative than I'd expect from ghost written, back-slapping tabloid columns.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Balde is supposed to have stood up and said something such as: "Mr Lawwell, you are the chief executive of Celtic Football Club. It's your job to look after Celtic's finances. I am the chief executive of Bobo Balde ..."

thats brilliant!

We have other players sitting doing nothing without looking like getting a game, that we need to get shot of, wether its now or the end of the season I dont know but come the end of the season our wage bill will be lower

I think it's a ridiculous article.

If anything, he should be having a go at the clubs for sanctioning deals to the players.

Why did Rangers give such an extension to a player who was over 30 and demanding such a great fee? I like Hemdani, but for the money he's on I'd have sold him to the first bidder.

The decision to offer Webster anything more than a 6 month contract was also completely mind-boggling on our part. I'm always being told that Walter knows best, but even my mum slapped her forehead when she read that he'd been offered a contract of that length. It was so obviously doomed to complete failure - it was one of the things that made me wonder if Walter really is losing his marbles or not.

And you must be off your fucking head if you think I'm going to criticise King Bobo of Orange for taking £32,000 a week out of the Tic coffers for doing fuck all :lol:

On yersel big man!

And you must be off your fucking head if you think I'm going to criticise King Bobo of Orange for taking £32,000 a week out of the Tic coffers for doing fuck all :lol:

On yersel big man!

(tu) Its fucking brilliant, and that quote "I'm the cheif executive of Bobo Balde" if true is top class :lol:

When did Webster or Hemdami 'down tools'?

The day we give them fat contracts...

Frankly that's rubbish. Take Hemdami, he was offered a contract which he accepted and both parties must have been happy with it. When called upon he has done a job and as far as I'm aware has never 'downed tools' as that oaf Hateley has suggested.

What is Brahim Hemdani supposed to do?

The only club that has come in for him was Kocaelispor, if you expect him to take lower wages and move on to a pishy team in Turkey then your having a laugh.

Brahim Hemdani played a big part in our team last season, yes he didn't play well at times but he still contributed. He was dropped for the Kaunas matches and hasn't played since last season. He's been training every day like everyone else.

You expect him to just ask to be released, fcuk that - Hemdani has been treated like a piece of shite. Sit tight until the summer (unless a club comes in for you and you fancy the move)

Also, why no mention of Charlie Adam or Lee McCulloch? Brahim Hemdani has contributed more in half a season that those two put together. Hemdani has also been injured at times this season, he was also the supporters Player of the Year in 2006/07. Something those two will never be awarded with!

Not his fault Wallysauras has his favourites and will continue to play a player in the middle of the park who is finished.

Mark Hateley - another one of Murray's puppets.

Remember Hateley still works for Rangers, I wonder if he knows a bit more about Webster' slow recovery than the rest of us…..

That's a possibilty I suppose.

That was my take on it mate. Seems very unusual his situation, especially given his age. And, the line about laying out socks definately implies there is more too it. Unless, perhaps, part of the idea is to get him fired up and motivated?

Read it again and I think it's a pretty disgusting article and I suspect Hateley is a bullshitter when he's going on about how high and mighty his principles are. I don't think he would have left Monaco for Kocaelispor for example. He expects Hemdami to leave Rangers for them though. Ridiculous. As for the 'laying out socks' thing, you do know Walter Smith played Webster in at least one match recently? That doesn't square with that theory as Walter is well known to bear a grudge.

Awful article and if I was Webster or Hemdani I would sue him for libel.

Only very recently the official RFC website and WS have been going on about how good and strong Webster has looked in training and bounce games. WS sanctioned a three year contract for Webster too - WHY? Hemdani is not used by Walter - is that Hemdani's fault? Walter gave him his extended contract two years ago and played him in all the big European games last season. Perhaps he should have played him vs Kaunas?

As usual if anyone is to blame its our sage of a manager and Bain with his contracts.

Hately is an idiot to write this crap.

It was a very interesting article but I think it was harsh on Andy Webster. He went out on loan to Bristol City to regain his match sharpness did he not? So he's not just sitting around picking up his wages. The club should be embarrassed that we gave him a new 3 year contract.

Webster is another one that must have compromising photos of Murray, Bain and/or Smith.

To give him any contract over a year and/or not based on appearances was sheer lunacy, but hey it's Rangers and the commercial world of Martin Bain.

As for Hemdani - Rangers and Smith have messed him about. He is better than Ferguson and could be doing a job for us but no, we pay him to do SFA.

As for Balde. More lunacy.

We were stupid enough to offer these contracts! Murray's trying to make up for his (and Smith's) poor decision's by shaming players into leaving. Can hardly blame someone being financially astute enough to not wave goodbye to six figures because SDM wants to spend the money elsewhere.

You expect him to just ask to be released, fcuk that - Hemdani has been treated like a piece of shite. Sit tight until the summer (unless a club comes in for you and you fancy the move)

I don't understand this ludicrous defence of him. He has been off form since late 2007. Even if you think he's played well in a few games, well I strongly disagree.

He lost his place through poor form and hasn't regained it and for once I 100% agree with Walter in dropping him like a sack of spuds.

Now Hemdani is bitter and insulting the league - would you have expected something so undignified when he WAS playing? No. Sour grapes.

He's dead wood and he needs to go away.

He's had more better games than Barry Ferguson - Ferguson hasn't kicked a ball in just under a year yet he continually plays.

You said his last good game was at the Stade Gerland, that's rubbish, he played well on 5 other occassions after that, the win in Sporting being one of them.

What do you want him to do, ask to be released, join a club he doesn't want to?

But it was ok for Thomas Buffel to sit tight and pick up the wages, he put in even worse performances over a longer period, he too was out injured and he rejected bids.

He's had more better games than Barry Ferguson - Ferguson hasn't kicked a ball in just under a year yet he continually plays.

You said his last good game was at the Stade Gerland, that's rubbish, he played well on 5 other occassions after that, the win in Sporting being one of them.

But it was ok for Thomas Buffel to sit tight and pick up the wages, he put in even worse performances over a longer period, he too was out injured and he rejected bids.

Thomas Buffel didn't just sit tight and pick up the wages, Smith wouldn't play him. Despite the fact that he was one of the most skillful players we had at the club. Perhaps there was pressure from on high as it was rumoured that if he played another game we would owe more money for his signing. Either way I hardly think it was Buffel's fault.

Yes Hateley had serious injuries but he hasn't gone through anything like what Webster's been through. Webster must have known that he might never play top-level football again & if a club is offering you well-paid rehabilitation with top medical staff and first-class facilities, not to mention a manager who obviously believes in you, then I can hardly blame the guy for staying and trying to get back into the Rangers squad.

It's not Hemdani's fault either.

You honestly think Dailly and McCulloch should be playing ahead of him? A totally off form Barry Ferguson?

Smith wont play him, what do you want him to do. Say 'fcuk it, keep your money and just let me go and we'll call it quits'?

It's not Hemdani's fault either.

You honestly think Dailly and McCulloch should be playing ahead of him? A totally off form Barry Ferguson?

Smith wont play him, what do you want him to do. Say 'fcuk it, keep your money and just let me go and we'll call it quits'?

I'm not arguing with you mate. I'm simply pointing out that I think your point about Thomas Buffel is wrong. :cheers:

I would take Hateley more seriously if he wasn't one who changes his mind on a whim and is one of SDM's lapdogs, he had a go at the RST last week and I recall when celtic wanted the date of an OF game changed before Suh-vulle he wrote in the Rangers News that the date of the game should not have been changed only to go on Superscoreboard and agree with Peace Process Provan that the date should be changed. <cr>

What's your point, Muff?

I think it's you who's talking rubbish. Because I remember how I felt during the second half of last year every time he got picked. Want me to go back and get my posts from that time?

I want him to shut the fuck up. I don't give a crap what he does.

Don't seem to remember Buffel ever doing anything other than speaking positively of the club, the league, and just saying he wanted to play and that he may have to move on to achieve that.

Worse performances? wtf are you on about - did you see him being the only player in the reserves who actually looked class at all?

In fact, screw this, I'm done with this.