Mark Hateley's column

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The decline of Whittaker is nothing but shocking. I remember when he destroyed Celtic team to score a cracking goal beating about 3 men at Easter Road. Doesnt help making a RB play RB, LB, LM, RM and CM

I feel this is in the wrong thread :pipe:

I think thats the first ever good piece I have seen hateley write. Its fantastic. I am totally with him on this

You are? I think what he has said about Webster in particular is a huge pile of shite even by Hatteley's standards.

I agree.

At the end of the day Hemdani isn't playing because we have a squad of 20+ add that to the fact he was signed on a 4 year deal.

The club has to take responsibility for the length of contracts some players are on. I can understand signing young players on 4 year deals as you are buying potential, but McCulloch was signed on a 4 year deal and Webster on a 3 year deal!

I think signing older players on shorter deals makes sense, a) because they are unlikely to get any better b) if they have dramatically improved there are not many other clubs who would be willing to take them due to their age/injury record and wages and c) they probably wouldn't want to move to the Championship or lower tier English Premiership club anyway....

I've never seen Hemdani in training at anytime for months now.

I doubt Webster asked Smith to hand him a 3 year deal and he's hardly gonna turn it down!

I saw glimpses of him when they were reporting on Boyd to Birmingham and Gow to Wolves during training.

I've never seen Hemdani in training at anytime for months now.

I doubt Webster asked Smith to hand him a 3 year deal and he's hardly gonna turn it down!

I saw glimpses of him when they were reporting on Boyd to Birmingham and Gow to Wolves during training.

Cool, I must have missed him then, but you are right he'd have been better in the midfield than Ferguson. He's not played for the reserves either.

Someone I really used to like and now I'm starting to despise - Ferguson.

Also it isn't Hemdani's fault that Smith has frozen him out.

I'm not sure what to think of the article. On one hand, it is Walter/Bain's fault for giving guys like Webster/Hemdani contracts in the first place and then not playing them. On the other hand, it is easy to look at the financial situation the club is in and to have a handful of guys that do nothing but pick up wages every week without playing is a waste.

I know if I was manager I wouldn't want players that didn't push themselves (and that's not a knock against any one particular). A successful team is filled with players that absolutely hate losing and players that are devastated if they're continually not playing.

When did Webster or Hemdami 'down tools'?

The day we give them fat contracts...

Frankly that's rubbish. Take Hemdami, he was offered a contract which he accepted and both parties must have been happy with it. When called upon he has done a job and as far as I'm aware has never 'downed tools' as that oaf Hateley has suggested.

He has downed tools in so far as he has had chances to go to other clubs and actually play football, but has chosen to stay at Rangers knowing full well he isn't going to play. Therefore he has, more or less, thrown his boots in his locker and given up for the time being.

What is Brahim Hemdani supposed to do?

The only club that has come in for him was Kocaelispor, if you expect him to take lower wages and move on to a pishy team in Turkey then your having a laugh.

Brahim Hemdani played a big part in our team last season, yes he didn't play well at times but he still contributed. He was dropped for the Kaunas matches and hasn't played since last season. He's been training every day like everyone else.

You expect him to just ask to be released, fcuk that - Hemdani has been treated like a piece of shite. Sit tight until the summer (unless a club comes in for you and you fancy the move)

Exactly how has Hemdani been treated like a piece of shite? He was dropped because his form had all but completely disappeared. He wasn't playing well enough to merit a place in the team, therefore it was the correct decision. He had the same chance as any other player that's been dropped to recover form and force his way back onto the teamsheet, something he obviously failed to do.

If he had any pride in himself he'd be fighting to get away to another club. Hateley is spot-on in Hemdanis' case, and probably in Websters too.

Something went wrong with Hemdani about 18 months ago. I saw him standing at an airport carousel on a European trip, wagging his finger in the face of chief executive Martin Bain and shouting and bawling.

I knew there was something about Hemdani I liked. He should just have knocked the c*nt out.

The decline of Whittaker is nothing but shocking. I remember when he destroyed Celtic team to score a cracking goal beating about 3 men at Easter Road. Doesnt help making a RB play RB, LB, LM, RM and CM

I feel this is in the wrong thread :pipe:

a three word phrase beginning with 'no' and ending in 'sherlock' springs to mind all too easily :sherlock:

Remember Hateley still works for Rangers, I wonder if he knows a bit more about Webster’ slow recovery than the rest of us…..

Of course he knows something we don't.You don't make comments about people,like that,without having the facts to back them up.

When did Webster or Hemdami 'down tools'?

The day we give them fat contracts...

Frankly that's rubbish. Take Hemdami, he was offered a contract which he accepted and both parties must have been happy with it. When called upon he has done a job and as far as I'm aware has never 'downed tools' as that oaf Hateley has suggested.

He has downed tools in so far as he has had chances to go to other clubs and actually play football, but has chosen to stay at Rangers knowing full well he isn't going to play. Therefore he has, more or less, thrown his boots in his locker and given up for the time being.

No. He's only 'downed tools' if he refuses to honour his contract and play football when asked. The only club that has come in for him is a Turkish diddy club and he is perfectly within his rights to decide not to go there. He has done nothing wrong and expecting players to just fuck off to the first team that shows an interest, because the manager suddenly decides he doesn't want him any more, is stupid...what is the point of contracts if you take that attitude?

I'm not sure what to think of the article. On one hand, it is Walter/Bain's fault for giving guys like Webster/Hemdani contracts in the first place and then not playing them. On the other hand, it is easy to look at the financial situation the club is in and to have a handful of guys that do nothing but pick up wages every week without playing is a waste.

I know if I was manager I wouldn't want players that didn't push themselves (and that's not a knock against any one particular). A successful team is filled with players that absolutely hate losing and players that are devastated if they're continually not playing.

This is true, but it doesn't matter if every player is pushing themselves to the limit, the fact that we have too many players on our books ensures that some of them aren't going to play. As for Balde, Hemdani and the like, I think Hateley's really arguing against human nature here. I know players are supposed to have a love of the game and play for trophies and not money, but nobody in Balde's position, for instance, is going to take a massive cut in wages on the off chance that he'll suddenly find some form again at the age of 33. How many more years of football would he have in him anyway? He's certainly never going to get an offer of the magnitude Celtic idiotically gave him again.