Uefa considering a transfer/wage cap

Would such things be legal? Or restraints of trade/infringements of employment rights?

Yes it would be totally legal, there is no EU law to stop this......

Under capitalism and the laws of supply and demand this will never happen, or at the very least be enforceable.

If an Arab with too much money wants to spend it on football clubs or players how can anyone stop it?

Every club/player has their price as was evident with Kaka.

Kaka is happy at AC MILan. AC Milan are happy with Kaka.

mAN cITY want Kaka.

mAN cITY enquire about Kaka and are quoted a fee of over 100 million.

Man City deem this as an acceptable price and enter in to negotiations.

How can this be stopped?

Ask the NFL as i'm pretty sure capitalisim exists in the USA and they have had a wage/transfer cap for many years.

From everything i have read on this before announcing they have been in talks with the EU concerning this and they can apply it without breaking any EU regulations. UEFA goven the sport and if you want to be part of there originisation you play by there rules.

I'm not disputing your comments about the NFL/USA etc but I'm sure it is different in terms of transfers etc. I may be wrong but I didn't think say the Chicago Bears could sign someone direct from the Dallas Cowboys by paying a transfer fee to the Cowboys?

The other thing to consider is that some football clubs are businesses and shareholders/owners will want to pay the least / receive the most if they are buying/selling company assets (players).

The UEFA rule is interesting but I can't see UEFA stopping an Arab owned business (Man City) from buying an asset (Kaka) at an agreed price from an Italian owned business (AC Milan). I would imagine that a top notch lawyer would be able to win a case over restraint of trade or similar in European courts.

If this happened it should be fantastic news for fans as ticket prices should come down in price but in reality club owners/shareholders are more likely to win by retaining more profits, just like in the good/bad old days.

In any case after players have managed to acquire so much power post Bosman, does anyone seriously think they will sanction a cap on wages?