***The Official Scum v Rangers Thread***

Muff

If either Boyd or Miller had to play up on their own, I'd chose Miller. For the simple reason that Boyd is fucking brutal up on his own.

Thankfully this is not the case.

At least with Miller you have a guy who will be willing to to hassle defenders, work the channels and try and drop deep to create space for midfield ruynners.

He also has far more experience than Boyd does in the role so he would get the nod from me too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If either Boyd or Miller had to play up on their own, I'd chose Miller. For the simple reason that Boyd is fucking brutal up on his own.

At least with Miller you have a guy who will be willing to to hassle defenders, work the channels and try and drop deep to create space for midfield ruynners.

He also has far more experience than Boyd does in the role so he would get the nod from me too.

Also hold up the ball and bring others into play allowing as to ease the pressure and get out of our own half

Boyd actually did better than Miller when he replaced him in the lone striking role at Aberdeen. Kenny Miller does nothing but run around like a headless chicken, Boyd at least provides a goal threat.

But he provides nothing else and as a lone striker you simply cannot be that one dimensional.

Boyd actually did better than Miller when he replaced him in the lone striking role at Aberdeen. Kenny Miller does nothing but run around like a headless chicken, Boyd at least provides a goal threat.

But he provides nothing else and as a lone striker you simply cannot be that one dimensional.

But what does Miller provide besides pointless running? With Boyd i think there's more chance of him making a good flick on or winning something in the air.

I think Boyd is shite as a loan striker and i don't want him playing there but we are just comparing Boyd and Miller here.

But what does Miller provide besides pointless running? With Boyd i think there's more chance of him making a good flick on or winning something in the air.

I think Boyd is shite as a loan striker and i don't want him playing there but we are just comparing Boyd and Miller here.

He'll work the channels, drop deep and try to bring others into play.

Boyd is too resrtictive and if he plays up on his own we will simply resort to the long ball in the hope he can flick it on.

Yeh but he doesn't alot of the time, he shoots and misses.

Boyd is too resrtictive and if he plays up on his own we will simply resort to the long ball in the hope he can flick it on.

We resort to the long ball with Miller there too, we all resort to long balls, no matter whos there.

Yeh but he doesn't alot of the time, he shoots and misses.

We resort to the long ball with Miller there too, we all resort to long balls, no matter whos there.

But at least we are creating those chances with Miller playing.

If Boyd plays upfront on his own we wont create half the chances we will with Miller playing there.

Yes we always play with the long ball, but with Boyd there it will only encourage it even more.

Anyway I'm not getting into this again, it's just boring now.

Anyway I'm not getting into this again, it's just boring now.

:lol:(tu)

I agree, Boyd isn't the man for the lone role, but god not miller.

I'd rather NO lone role, have two up front.

Lafferty (tu)

Front line up of..

:Naismith: :mendes: :davis: :fleck:

:lafferty: :boyd:

My dad (killie fan) said naismith was a right winger really, yet we play him left? :lol:

This team selection is going to be very interesting and it's a pity the forfar game was postponed as it may have given Walter a chance to try a few combinations.

From the aberdeen game, playing mcculloch at the back nullified Aberdeen but nullified us to as Miller was dreadful up front on his own. He has been so bad for so long now I hope he is AWOL on Sunday.

From recent results and even their game vs QP, the scum are pretty poor. I hope we do not give them too much respect like we did vs Aberdeen and play one up front and McCulloch. QP gave it a go in the second half and won THAT half 1-0.

We should not be afraid of this mob. We should attack them.

We know Miller is way off form and that Boyd has been poor too recently. Lafferty impressed vs DU. We need width too.

My team would be McGregor, Broadfoot, Bougherra, Weir, Papac, [Aaron/Beasley/Novo if fit], Davis, Mendes, Ferguson, Fleck, Lafferty, This team can do it. Pace and skill.

Walter will never leave out Miller and Boyd. If he plays one up front he will bring in McCulloch or Edu.

Miller has been too bad for too long. Boyd was better up front by himself vs Aberdeen.

We should really be playing Lafferty up front on his own in that formation. Otherwise any two from Lafferty/Boyd/Novo if two up front. Naismith is not quite ready yet. Consider also Aaron/Beasley on the left and Fleck up front with Lafferty.

We have choices, but can do MUCH better than Miller who should be benched.

Miller pulled out of the Scotland training camp - should not even be on the bench on Sunday!

Davis and Lafferty are playing in a must win match for Northern Ireland against Malta.

Madjid Bougherra is set to play at least 45 minutes for Algeria in a friendly.

Nacho Novo is defenatley out.