Lord of the Rings: Conquest

brissyger

Just traded in Guitar Hero:Aerosmith today and put it towards getting this. It's made by the same people who made Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 and it is pretty much the same deal but in Middle-Earth. You play through the War of the Ring campaign in much the same manner as previous LOTR games by fighting battles at Helm's Deep, Osgiliath, Minas Tirith etc. At the end of the campaign though you can play the Rise of Sauron campaign which is alternative universe in which Frodo never destroyed the One Ring and you take the role of Sauron and conquer Middle Earth.

There are 4 character classes, each with their own special attacks you can choose from and at certain points you get to play as heroes such as Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf, the Witch King, Sauron etc. You can also mount things like the Oliphaunts to change the tide of the battle. I haven't played the Multiplayer yet but it is the kind of game which translates really well into online gaming and will no doubt result in hours of fun.

Now the negatives. The graphics are good but not the best I've seen on PS3. The voice over acting can be a little irritating. The gameplay is a little simplistic with its button smashing technique but it doesn't really differ from other LOTR games in that respect.

All in all if you're a LOTR fans I think this is a must have. If you're not a huge fan of the books or movies I'd still recommend it as a decent game but you may want to skip it.