How Should Walter set up the team?

Columbo

What formation should be used at Parkhead?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. 4-4-2? 4-5-1? 4-3-3?

• 4-5-1
    • 4-4-2
    • 4-3-3
    • other

In my opinion we should go for 4-4-2 as we really wanted to get the win and with Celtic struggling we don't want to go there and be negative. It needs to be just like August 4-4-2 with Lafferty and Miller up front. Lafferty's the closest we have to Cousin so he needs to do a similar job. We need big performances from key players such as Mendes and Davis. :gerbad::gerbad:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate when I hear '4-3-3 in attack but turning to 4-5-1 in defence' - its either one or the other IMO.

A 3 doesn't track back and 5 is a 5 IMO albeit there is attacking players in the midfield.

Rant /

Ps. It would be a 4-3-3 of Fleck, Lafferty, Naismith for me with Davis, Ferguson and Mendes in there.

Anything bar the 4-4-2 - we don't have the players to play it properly, especially with Broadfoot, Ferguson and Boyd in the side and it's also out of date.

I'd play 4-5-1 every time.

I'm dismayed by the amount of posters saying 4-5-1. Who would be the 1? Miller? FFS! :2gunsfiring_v1:

4-4-2 all the way (as for it being out of date, well, thats just pish).

I'm dismayed at the amount of people who would play 4-4-2 in this game. Who would play upfront, Boyd and Miller :anguish:

Be like playing with 9 men and our midfield would suffer along with there being nothing upfront.

I'm dismayed by the amount of posters saying 4-5-1. Who would be the 1? Miller? FFS! :2gunsfiring_v1:

Do you watch any football outside of Scotland?

I hate when I hear '4-3-3 in attack but turning to 4-5-1 in defence' - its either one or the other IMO.

A 3 doesn't track back and 5 is a 5 IMO albeit there is attacking players in the midfield.

Rant /

Ps. It would be a 4-3-3 of Fleck, Lafferty, Naismith for me with Davis, Ferguson and Mendes in there.

your 4-3-3 would get pissed all over boab

thats the reason walter picked mcculloch for aberdeen the three midfielders you say arent good enough to dominate especially if theyre up against a 4-4-2

I'm dismayed at the amount of people who would play 4-4-2 in this game. Who would play upfront, Boyd and Miller :anguish:

Be like playing with 9 men and our midfield would suffer along with there being nothing upfront.

Not for me. I'd play Lafferty up in the hole behind Boyd. His pace & movement in that area would trouble the pedestrian Mhank defence & probably draw Hartley back, allowing our midfield to break forward.

Do you watch any football outside of Scotland?

Plenty.

You? :rolleyes:

i would got a 4-5-1 try to flood the midfield because lets be honest with them still to visit ibrox a point isnt a bad result in the long run

mcgregor

broadfoot weir bougherra papac

medes

novo ferguson edu davis

miller

miller played well at the tattie field so would give him another shot, plus their slow as a week in the jail at the back

If we go 451 and lose the game Walter will get it in the neck for negative tactics.

IF he goes 442 he'll get it for us not having the right players for a 442.

If he goes 433 he'll get it for being too cavalier.