Dean Furman update

Thrupennybithead

Dean Furman reminds me of Thommo with his style of play, which is just what we need.

Keep it up wee man, see you when you come home at the end of the season. (tu)

Furman is a good player, but i'd still have Thomson and Mendes over him all day long.

Is he not out of contract at the end of the season ?

I doubt it will be renewed......

He is, but I think he will be given a new contract, Mendes and Ferguson aren't exactly young and can only see them being with us for another couple of seasons, hopefully less with Fergie! That would leave us a future of Davis, Thomson, Fleck, Edu and Aaron, add Furman onto that list and we have a pretty strong selection for midfield.

Is he not out of contract at the end of the season ?

I doubt it will be renewed......

He is, but I think he will be given a new contract, Mendes and Ferguson aren't exactly young and can only see them being with us for another couple of seasons, hopefully less with Fergie! That would leave us a future of Davis, Thomson, Fleck, Edu and Aaron, add Furman onto that list and we have a pretty strong selection for midfield.

Surely he would have been offered his contract by now ?

Guest therabbitt
I really hope that Rangers don't offer him a new contract and Bradford do instead.

A couple of seasons helping us climb the leagues and he could be worth zillions. If the price is right we may sell him to you. [insert gay wink 'ere]

:anguish:

I was looking forward to the Bradford game last week but the weather put a stop to that. I think he'd be better off rejecting Rangers, should a deal be offered and sign on at Valley Parade.

Next season, hopefully Ferguson will be dropped/moved on with Davis playing in his proper position along with Thomson back to full fitness. That will leave us with, Edu, Mendes, Davis, Thomson and possibly Ferguson as back up along with the young lads - plus you have Fleck and Aaron who can play in more central attacking roles.

What kind of role does he play in the Bradford midfield?

Well, he plays in the middle, sort of sitting in front of our back 4, but gets forward all the time as well.

The boy gets everywhere, he's snapping at the oppositions heals constantly and his distributuion is excellent at the moment. He's got that bit of nip about him, gives our midfield a bit of energy which you need in this division.

Hopefully he can keep it up for us.

What kind of role does he play in the Bradford midfield?

Well, he plays in the middle, sort of sitting in front of our back 4, but gets forward all the time as well.

The boy gets everywhere, he's snapping at the oppositions heals constantly and his distributuion is excellent at the moment. He's got that bit of nip about him, gives our midfield a bit of energy which you need in this division.

Hopefully he can keep it up for us.

Sounds exactly like Kevin Thomson & what our midfield is missing at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...