***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

“I am pleased with Kris. To score goals is important but if it is the only thing a player thinks about, that can be difficult. I want team players. Kris can be a team player but he must be aware of that. My aim is not to have the top goalscorer in the championship. That does not matter to me — I want to have the best team.

“If Kris Boyd scores 50 goals and we win the title, then fine. But it is not enough if we do not. It is my job to demand the maximum from my players. I think sometimes people think that if Kris has scored a penalty in a game, that is enough for all of you, but it is not enough for me.”

Great little snippet from Le Guen and sums my feelings up perfectly.

I think a lot of people on RangersMedia could learn from the bolded part as well, but myself and other posters have been saying exact same for about 2 years now.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“I am pleased with Kris. To score goals is important but if it is the only thing a player thinks about, that can be difficult. I want team players. Kris can be a team player but he must be aware of that. My aim is not to have the top goalscorer in the championship. That does not matter to me — I want to have the best team.

“If Kris Boyd scores 50 goals and we win the title, then fine. But it is not enough if we do not. It is my job to demand the maximum from my players. I think sometimes people think that if Kris has scored a penalty in a game, that is enough for all of you, but it is not enough for me.”

I think a lot of people on RangersMedia could learn from the bolded part as well, but myself and other posters have been saying exact same for about 2 years now.

Aye, but i wanted PLG to stay ;):lol:

Aye, but i wanted PLG to stay ;):lol:

I didn't, but I realise I was too hasty in that decision.

I've had over four years to see that Boyd's not worth defending.

I've had over four years to see that Boyd's not worth defending.

Really? Last i remember, he's only been with us for 3 and a bit..you were defending him at killie? :craphead:

:P

That's nearly as bad as you claiming that he was only 23 last week :lol:

he was no more too blame than any other player

however this thread is no surprise

he appears to be to blame for everything at rangers at the moment

i thought we won and lost as a team , or is that only convenient for when boyd scores and we win, the minute we lose he is the player who cost us the game

as i said he was no poorer than the others in the team

Great post (tu)

You never heard after the scum beat us 1-0 at Ibrox about how it was Weir or Broadfoot's fault for the McDonald, yet Boyd has once lapse in concentration and the knifes are sharpened.

I read in another post, something about Mendes defending (like Boyd should have been) when he cleared off the line, but I have to ask can anyone remember which player FAILED to mark his man properly for that header? That could just as easily been a goal (had it not been for Mendes).

Boyd = Scapegoat !!

If Paul Le Guen was going to remain our manager we'd have needed to bring in someone in a kind of co-manager role to help him, someone who knows all about Scottish Football and someone Le Guen could have learned from. Le Guen would have had full charge for European games, he'd have worked with the co-manager for domestic games and hopefully they'd have been successful. After a period of time the co-manager would no longer be needed as Le Guen would have learned about Scottish Football.

Not that anyone at our club would be that creative and Le Guen perhaps wouldn't have been open to the idea?

i thought we won and lost as a team , or is that only convenient for when boyd scores and we win, the minute we lose he is the player who cost us the game

Great post (tu)

You never heard after the scum beat us 1-0 at Ibrox about how it was Weir or Broadfoot's fault for the McDonald, yet Boyd has once lapse in concentration and the knifes are sharpened.

I read in another post, something about Mendes defending (like Boyd should have been) when he cleared off the line, but I have to ask can anyone remember which player FAILED to mark his man properly for that header? That could just as easily been a goal (had it not been for Mendes).

Boyd = Scapegoat !!

This is the Boyd thread, and his part in losses will be discussed in here.

What's the problem with that?

There are other threads for other players, but as I said, his performances will be discussed in detail in here. That's what the thread is for!

Where is all this Paul le Guen pi.sh coming from? the guy was a joke !!

Just look at the great job he's doing PSG, I mean he almost had them relegated FFS !

Again, ridiculous selection of facts. He's got them two points off the top of the league.

Nonetheless, your question;

It was a statement from PLG regarding Boyd. That's why it was in a Boyd thread. What part of that can you not compute?

Great post (tu)

Boyd = Scapegoat !!

This is the Boyd thread, and his part in losses will be discussed in here.

What's the problem with that?

There are other threads for other players, but as I said, his performances will be discussed in detail in here. That's what the thread is for!

I disagre, his BAD performances and slight mistakes will discussed in great detail, when the guy scores or actually has a decent game it will be overlooked or deemed un-important, after all it was only Calley Thistle....

As I said Boyd = Scapegoat !!

There's plenty of praise for his good performances in here, so I don't see where you're coming from there.

Anyway, with 1 goal since the January window it's no surprise that most of the recent posts have been very critical.

Where is all this Paul le Guen pi.sh coming from? the guy was a joke !!

Just look at the great job he's doing PSG, I mean he almost had them relegated FFS !

Again, ridiculous selection of facts. He's got them two points off the top of the league.

Nonetheless, your question;

It was a statement from PLG regarding Boyd. That's why it was in a Boyd thread. What part of that can you not compute?

1 point now (tu)

1 point now (tu)

Aye, but he knows the french game, and im sure he'll have more money and better players there.

He knew sod all about the scottish game, and didn't even look like he read into it, came up early to research it or anything.

1 point now (tu)

Aye, but he knows the french game, and im sure he'll have more money and better players there.

He knew sod all about the scottish game, and didn't even look like he read into it, came up early to research it or anything.

And, contrary to popular belief, still left us in 2nd place.

I'm glad Smith had improved us so much :P

Still, this is the Boyd thread. We should have an official PLG thread :lol:

1 point now (tu)

Where did i say anything about that, all i said he's 1 point off :rolleyes:

PLG when he took over was always going to fail due to unavoidable things behind the scenes, we'll never know exactly what went on (and for the record i ain't talking about Ferguson, although watching him at ibrox during that time he wasn't listening to instruction)

To say he never knew anything about the Scottish game is silly, football is football yes he took a while to adapt. Just like our squad struggled to come to terms with PLG strict fitness and training regime.

1 point now (tu)

Where did i say anything about that, all i said he's 1 point off :rolleyes:

PLG when he took over was always going to fail due to unavoidable things behind the scenes, we'll never know exactly what went on (and for the record i ain't talking about Ferguson, although watching him at ibrox during that time he wasn't listening to instruction)

To say he never knew anything about the Scottish game is silly, football is football yes he took a while to adapt. Just like our squad struggled to come to terms with PLG strict fitness and training regime.

Like i said, we needed to bring in someone to help Le Guen adapt to the Scottish game.

He wasn't clueless as to the Scottish game, but PLG did not do anywhere near enough homework.

In saying that, Eck's incredible feat of achieving 3rd place in a 2 horse race totally decimated his transfer budget, so that won't have helped his settling in process.

Same old PLG pish "look how amazing PSG are - we should have kept him blah blah".

Look - it matters not a jot whether PSG wins the French title - it wont change anything regarding whether of not he should have left Rangers.

We already knew he was a good manager in his home country

The problem was he couldnt deal with a new country, new environment, new culture etc...

Nothing thats happened at PSG has changed that fact.

Same old PLG pish "look how amazing PSG are - we should have kept him blah blah".

Look - it matters not a jot whether PSG wins the French title - it wont change anything regarding whether of not he should have left Rangers.

We already knew he was a good manager in his home country

The problem was he couldnt deal with a new country, new environment, new culture etc...

Nothing thats happened at PSG has changed that fact.

Well done on showing a complete ignorance of PSG's situation at the time Le Guen took over.

Nonetheless, this is a thread for big Kris and it should get back on topic!