• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny how the rise of Boyd, has seen the fall of McBoyd. :craphead:

Hah! Don't rest just yet...

He's moved up from Dores and is staying in Glasgow just now, but still waiting on a job/internet connection.

He'll be back soon I'd imagine :sherlock:

He's moved up from Dores and is staying in Glasgow just now, but still waiting on a job/internet connection.

Good stuff. (tu)

• 3 weeks later...
Rangers have held further discussions with Kris Boyd's agent as they seek to keep the striker at the club beyond the end of his current contract.

Chief executive Martin Bain met Mark Donaghy on Thursday to discuss terms put to the player before Christmas.

Donaghy and Boyd will mull over what emerged from those talks before going back to the club with their thoughts.

Rangers have received no offers for their top scorer, but Birmingham City's enquiry was met with no encouragement.

Nor have there been any offers for Pedro Mendes, despite speculation linking the midfielder with a move to Sporting Lisbon.

However, Rangers are aware of the Portuguese club's interest.

Mendes has 18 months left on his contract, though, and nothing further can happen until such time as Rangers accept an offer for him.

Like Boyd, the contracts of Nacho Novo, Kirk Broadfoot and DaMarcus Beasley expire in the summer.

Novo turned down the initial offer put to him by Rangers, but further talks are planned between the Spaniard's representative and Bain.

Broadfoot was previously told a new deal would be discussed once he had returned to the team after injury and, given that has now happened, talks will take place soon.

No such discussions are currently planned with Beasley, who on Thursday said he wanted to stay at the Scottish Premier League leaders.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8447289.stm

No quotes, but it has also been mentioned on Sky Sports News, and on the news. Hopefully the start of tying Boyd down on a new deal :)

Rangers have held further discussions with Kris Boyd's agent as they seek to keep the striker at the club beyond the end of his current contract.

Chief executive Martin Bain met Mark Donaghy on Thursday to discuss terms put to the player before Christmas.

Donaghy and Boyd will mull over what emerged from those talks before going back to the club with their thoughts.

Rangers have received no offers for their top scorer, but Birmingham City's enquiry was met with no encouragement.

Nor have there been any offers for Pedro Mendes, despite speculation linking the midfielder with a move to Sporting Lisbon.

Mendes has 18 months left on his contract, though, and nothing further can happen until such time as Rangers accept an offer for him.

Like Boyd, the contracts of Nacho Novo, Kirk Broadfoot and DaMarcus Beasley expire in the summer.

Novo turned down the initial offer put to him by Rangers, but further talks are planned between the Spaniard's representative and Bain.

Broadfoot was previously told a new deal would be discussed once he had returned to the team after injury and, given that has now happened, talks will take place soon.

No such discussions are currently planned with Beasley, who on Thursday said he wanted to stay at the Scottish Premier League leaders.

No quotes, but it has also been mentioned on Sky Sports News, and on the news. Hopefully the start of tying Boyd down on a new deal :)

Think we can put the myth of it's not about money, he'll just sign up cause he loves the club to bed.

Think we can put the myth of it's not about money, he'll just sign up cause he loves the club to bed.

Myth??? i don't know about you but if it was me and i wanted to stay, I'd still want parity with those that I believed I was at the same level as. If he gets that I reckon he'll sign on and ignore more lucrative offers. Just a guess of course as I don't know Boyd personally, just like the majority on here, just surmising from the noises being made by the club and others.

wheres that from? i heard they are meeting tmrw, not today

if true it should put to bed the shite about not being able to offer new deals for players!!

boyd, broadfoot, novo, maybe beasley, i wonder whos next!!

Myth??? i don't know about you but if it was me and i wanted to stay, I'd still want parity with those that I believed I was at the same level as. If he gets that I reckon he'll sign on and ignore more lucrative offers. Just a guess of course as I don;t know Boyd personally, just liek the majority on here, just surmising from the noises being made by the club and others.

Yes Myth.

A lot of our fans just thought it was just about offering him a contract to stay, and not increasing his current pay rate cause he loves the club. As i said we can put that to bed now.

Hopefully what we offered is enough to convince him to stay, as for Novo i wonder what he's wanting to sign a new contract after knocking us back.

Myth??? i don't know about you but if it was me and i wanted to stay, I'd still want parity with those that I believed I was at the same level as. If he gets that I reckon he'll sign on and ignore more lucrative offers. Just a guess of course as I don;t know Boyd personally, just liek the majority on here, just surmising from the noises being made by the club and others.

Yes Myth.

A lot of our fans just thought it was just about offering him a contract to stay, and not increasing his current pay rate cause he loves the club. As i said we can put that to bed now.

Hopefully what we offered is enough to convince him to stay, as for Novo i wonder what he's wanting to sign a new contract after knocking us back.

This is true DB, I reckon a few on here thought any old contract offer would be accepted, no matter the player football does not work that way anymore.

He must be really frustrated. His time has come and no tinternet connection.

Poor McBoyd. :(

To be fair to Boyd, if you were getting paid half of what your workmates are on you would be not amused regardless of how much you loved your job and would expect parity.

To be fair I get paid the same as my workmates but only do enough to avoid the sack. :sherlock:

Boyd deserves more than he is getting.

To be fair to Boyd, if you were getting paid half of what your workmates are on you would be not amused regardless of how much you loved your job and would expect parity.

To be fair I get paid the same as my workmates but only do enough to avoid the sack. :sherlock:

Boyd deserves more than he is getting.

Well unless that is Bains train of thought,its see ya Kris.

just made my day, and may make some on here think otherwise than he is for the off, he wants to stay and i think he will deffo take the deal, well heres hoping anyway

KRIS BOYD was last night offered a bumper new three-year deal as Rangers bosses push the boat out in a bid to keep him at Ibrox.

SunSport can reveal Gers chief executive Martin Bain held positive talks with the striker's agent Mark Donaghy yesterday.

Bain immediately made Gers' intentions clear by tabling the lucrative new offer he hopes will keep the record-breaking striker in Glasgow.

Boyd currently earns £12,000 a week, but it's believed the deal on offer would push him through the £20,000 barrier.

Scotland's top marksman has never hidden his desire to remain at Rangers and the ball is now firmly back in his court.

Boyd is in the form of his life with a host of Premiership clubs including Aston Villa and Birmingham monitoring his situation closely.

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish - who signed Boyd for Rangers - is expected to move for the striker within the next seven days.

North East giants Newcastle and Middlesbrough are also keen on the 26-year-old hitman who smashed Henrik Larsson's long-standing SPL goals record last month.

Boyd is also on the radar of German side Hertha Berlin with Turkish outfit Trabzonspor. The former Kilmarnock star is out of contract in the summer and is free to talk to interested parties.

But Gers have moved quickly in a bid to stave off interest and a threatened boycott by the Rangers Supporters' Trust should he be flogged.

Boyd is now mulling over Gers' offer but could wait until the end of the month before settling his future.

The hitman - also hoping for a Scotland return - wants to stay at Gers but knows he could set his family up for life with a move south.

Meanwhile, ex-Ibrox defender Craig Moore has left St Johnstone and Motherwell disappointed by agreeing terms with Greek side Kavala.

:crywank:

Good news, hopefully Boydy takes whatever hes offered for the time being, with a move to a possible renegotiation when we are in a better financial position

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...-till-2013.html

Heres what the sun has to say.Looks promising

WATP

(tu) (tu)

I know its the Sun , but if thats true then surely and talk of Mendes having to move to fund Boyds contract becomes nonsense