***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

Why do people refer to the Boyd of old as being a bad thing, he was still banging in 25 goals a season, and deserves to be kept on for that alone!

Because he's like a new player now and the goals are STILL there.

Plus, if you're paying your striker £18,000 a week, he MUST be able to play all the time in Europe and against Celtic and we all know that 'old' Boyd simply wasn't capable of that.

So if we had the Boyd 'of old', would you be happy for him to go for buttons now/free in the summer, ridding the club of its first proper goalscorer since the days of Negri and Wallace?

I'd have taken a million for him.

I said that for years though. The money could have went to a striker who could score goals against everyone, not just 10 SPL clubs (tu)

The current Boyd on the other hand - looking a different player altogether.

Who could we bring in that is going to score as many goals as Boyd?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's the news we've all been waiting for!

Eh no, the news we are witing on is him signing, Lets see if he does...I have my doubts

Well if he really wants to stay at Rangers then he will not turn down 18k a week, that would just be madness

I expect him to sign!

Guest therabbitt

As much as it would be galvanising for the supporters and a big boost to see us through until the end of the season, I wouldn't blame Boyd one bit for waiting until the end of the season to sign a deal.

Ewen Murray wrote another article about Boyd yesterday, basically the same old tripe about if he leaves we would see how good he actually is etc. The discussion at the bottom of the article is priceless.

There is some obvious Henrik comparison chatter but it's the developing trend of people talking about Boyd as a potential Arsenal signing that is pretty hilarious.

His goals make all the difference at times. While Samaras missed a sitter against some one like DU, Boyd slots it away and we end up with the win. That's how crucial goals are (i know it's an obvious thing to say) but never take a pure goal scorer for granted.

Why do people refer to the Boyd of old as being a bad thing, he was still banging in 25 goals a season, and deserves to be kept on for that alone!

Because he's like a new player now and the goals are STILL there.

Plus, if you're paying your striker £18,000 a week, he MUST be able to play all the time in Europe and against Celtic and we all know that 'old' Boyd simply wasn't capable of that.

Cant believe we pay lafferty 18k a week. What a joke.

• 4 weeks later...
Think we might be needing this old thread for tomorrow :sherlock:

are you aware of any transfer dealings? :sherlock:

Think we'll be made aware of something tomorrow, no way will we let him leave for free at the end of the season.

That new contract has been on the table for a while now, and he's has time to ponder his options. It really is make or break time tomorrow.

Someone was on here yesterday saying that they had seen Boyd running around Murray Park? Don't know if there is any truth in it.

Couple of weeks then? If its true. Really don't want to rush him back and he gets injured again but at the same time we really need him in the team.

Someone was on here yesterday saying that they had seen Boyd running around Murray Park? Don't know if there is any truth in it.

If he's running about, then he's fit enough to pass a medical :sherlock:

He dropped his monster munch and the wind was blowing the bag around. He was just chasing it. Not fit enough for a medical just yet :pierre:

supposedly he is at birmingham right now having talks about an immediate move for tomorrow on Sky Sports News i need to check it

I'm watching SSN, nothing - Andy Murray and Roger Federer on.

supposedly he is at birmingham right now having talks about an immediate move for tomorrow on Sky Sports News i need to check it

I hope you are wrong.

There is nothing on SSN!

I hope you are wrong.

There is nothing on SSN!

I have binned the Sevilla game to watch SSN now.

I just had a quick look and it's on the BBC 606 thing.

Anybody else watching this just now? They are reporting that Kris Boyd has held signing talks with Birmingham with a view to an immediate move tomorrow morning.

By the looks of things it was a fishing trip and there were some catches.

I hope you are wrong.

There is nothing on SSN!

I have binned the Sevilla game to watch SSN now.

I forgot all about that, what's the score?