***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

I smell shite

Daily Record reports that Rangers forward Kris Boyd could be heading for the exit door at Rangers. Boyd (25) joined Rangers from Kilmarnock in 2006 and has been a great hit at Ibrox.

He was linked with several Championship clubs in England before his decission to join Rangers, but now Premier League clubs are ready to step in if the Scottish international becomes available.

Aston Villa, Stoke, Everton and Middlesbrough are just a few of the clubs ready to offer Boyd a deal. Birmingham and Cardiff have both earlier been close to signing the player which has scored 7 goals in 15 internationals for Scotland.

Boyd made a decission to leave the international schene, claiming he would never play for Scotland under current boss George Burley, after being left on the bench for the World Cup qualifiers against Norway.

A move down south looks close after the 08-09 season. If Boyd, who was excluded from the Rangers training ground yesterday, no longer feature in Walter Smith's plans it could be that a loan move to a Championship club would be happening.

Birmingham and Cardiff might be clubs that again would call Smith for Boyd's services, short term.

doh

Papers like to stir shit don't they.

He was sent home from the training ground, then went back again, he's back training with the squad now.

All propaganda by the mhedia to unsettle the team/players before the cup final.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Source: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scott...cotspremiership

Rangers striker Kris Boyd admits he was wrong to provoke boss Walter Smith into sending him home from training on Tuesday.

Boyd, 25, was sent packing from the club's Murray Park training ground after receiving a dressing down from Smith over his attitude at being dropped for Sunday's Homecoming Scottish Cup win over Hamilton.

The former Kilmarnock striker returned to training on Wednesday, where he cleared the air with Smith, but looks unlikely to start in Sunday's Co-operative Insurance Cup final against Celtic at Hampden.

"When I look back on it now, I feel in this instance that I have let myself down," Boyd told the Scottish Sun.

"I just took it that missing out on the Hamilton game would mean I was out of the cup final.

"I am desperate to play, all I want to do is win trophies and score for Rangers.

"I met the manager, I apologised and we shook hands.

"He assured me that is the end of the matter. I am happy with that.

"The whole incident has been blown out of proportion.

"This sort of thing happens day in, day out at every club.

"The way I behaved was simply down to the deep disappointment at not starting and what I thought it would mean.

"I'm not the sort of player who wants to sit and take the money at Rangers and not to play. That's not me.

"All I want to do is get my head down and train, and give the manager a decision to make."

RANGERS bust-up star Kris Boyd has emerged from clear-the-air talks with Walter Smith and confessed: I was out of order.

Gers boss Smith and the 24-goal ace had a crunch Murray Park meeting before training yesterday.

Boyd — sent home 24 hours earlier — apologised for reacting badly to being axed for the 5-1 win over Hamilton.

The gutted hitman said: “When I look back on it now, I feel in this instance that I have let myself down. I just took it that missing out on the Hamilton game would mean I was out of the cup final.

“I am desperate to play, all I want to do is win trophies and score for Rangers.

“I met the manager, I apologised and we shook hands. He assured me that is the end of the matter.

“I am happy with that. The whole incident has been blown out of proportion.

“This sort of thing happens day-in, day-out at every club.

“The way I behaved was simply down to my deep disappointment at not starting and what I thought it might mean.

“I’m not the sort of player who wants to sit and take money at Rangers and not play. That’s not me.

“All I want to do now is get my head down and train, and give the manager a decision to make.”

Boyd, 25, was rapped by Smith after his poor reaction to being left on the bench on Sunday.

But he did NOT kick boots in disgust at being axed as has been suggested.

The Gers gaffer told Boyd he wasn’t happy at his conduct.

SunSport understands Boyd offered to apologise to his team-mates but was told it was not necessary.

Gers No2 Ally McCoist said: “I would be more disappointed if anybody, not specifically Kris, isn’t in the team and they are happy. Then we’ve got a problem.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...icle2314298.ece

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5040450,00.html

"When I look back on it now, I feel that I let myself down

"I just took it that missing out on the Hamilton game would mean I was out of the final.

Typical Boyd - he let himself down. Not his club, players, manager or supporters. He's only interested in himself.

If he didn't think he deserved to be dropped after weeks of turning awful performances along with failing to score then he's kidding himself. He doesn't deserve to start on Sunday and that's his own fault.

All I want to do now is get my head down and train, and give the manager a decision to make.

How many times have we heard that from him?

His attitude is a disgrace - I don't like him as a footballer or person. He doesn't deserve to play for Rangers.

"I just took it that missing out on the Hamilton game would mean I was out of the final.

Typical Boyd - he let himself down. Not his club, players, manager or supporters. He's only interested in himself.

If he didn't think he deserved to be dropped after weeks of turning awful performances along with failing to score then he's kidding himself. He doesn't deserve to start on Sunday and that's his own fault.

All I want to do now is get my head down and train, and give the manager a decision to make.

His attitude is a disgrace - I don't like him as a footballer or person. He doesn't deserve to play for Rangers.

he could learn a few things from Nacho's attitude

He can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but he cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

He's always been about himself, his game mirrors this. I dislike him both as a person and a footballer.

The last 3 posts sum up how i feel about Kris Boyd.

When Kris Boyd gets punted in the summer to a championship club, it will hit him hard what could have been.

I don't see him leaving this summer.

Pleased to see that he's owned up to his disgraceful behavior and i hope it's the end of it like he says it is.

Pleased to see that he's owned up to his disgraceful behavior and i hope it's the end of it like he says it is.

Apology through gritted teeth no doubt.

He probably knew that if he didn't apologise, he wouldn't have been in the squad for Sunday. He's got a chance of playing now that he's apologised.

Nonetheless, takes a big man to acknowledge they were wrong (tu)

When Kris Boyd gets punted in the summer to a championship club, it will hit him hard what could have been.

Disagree think that outburst has just nailed his fate, he'll be gone in the summer.

Disagree think that outburst has just nailed his fate, he'll be gone in the summer.

If he's kissed and made up with Smith like he says then it shouldn't have any effect on what happens in the summer. No doubt if an offer comes in we'll accept it again due to the financial situation but like before he probably won't want to leave.

He probably knew that if he didn't apologise, he wouldn't have been in the squad for Sunday. He's got a chance of playing now that he's apologised.

Exactly. We can speculate about his motives for apologising all day long but at least he's not requested a transfer or publicly slagged the management like some players have done in the past after a bust up with a manager.

Let's remember that Boyd will only have twelve months left on his contract come July.

And let's also remember that we wont offer him anything close to the money he turned down from Birmingham either.

I don't think money was his real motive for rejecting Birmingham, even McLeish said as much.

Exactly. We can speculate about his motives for apologising all day long but at least he's not requested a transfer or publicly slagged the management like some players have done in the past after a bust up with a manager.

(tu)

If he's kissed and made up with Smith like he says then it shouldn't have any effect on what happens in the summer. No doubt if an offer comes in we'll accept it again due to the financial situation but like before he probably won't want to leave.

Doesn't matter he's made his bed now, he'll know deep down it's best for all concern that he goes.

I don't think a drop in wages would stop Boyd from signing a new deal - he's at the club he supports, it would also be harder to move on to another club as he'd have to knuckle down, take being a sub and work on his game.

I'm hoping he's punted in the summer.

I don't think a drop in wages would stop Boyd from signing a new deal - he's at the club he supports, it would also be harder to move on to another club as he'd have to knuckle down, take being a sub and work on his game.

I'm hoping he's punted in the summer.

I doubt he'll get offered a new deal, just shipped out.

It's a certainty Boyd will be sold in the summer.

He won't get offered a new deal, will have 12 months left on his contract so we will look to rake in a few million before he can sign a pre-contract with another club in January.

Here's hoping anyway.

Doesn't matter he's made his bed now, he'll know deep down it's best for all concern that he goes.

I don't honestly see where you're getting this from DB? Players come back from worse situations than this, there's no cast iron guarantee Boyd is leaving because he's had an argument with the manager.