***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

I had a thought yesterday, and bear with me before everyone starts writing "get him to fuck".

When Birmingham came in for Boyd we should have loaned him to them until the end of the season, they would have got what they wanted him for, to help get them into the EPL, and potentially Boyd could have learnt something there, playing with different players, management and training.

Of course that hasn't happened, but do you think loaning him out, even for half a season could help his game?

He obviously has a goal scoring talent, and im sure if he upped his game, people would take interest in a player who could bang goals away for fun (on form) and overall play well.

One problem with that BOYD DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO BIRMINGHAM!

Loaning him out to any other club of his choice isn't the answer either, we need to sell him.

Well he didn't want to move there no, but being loaned out i don't think you can say no to can you?

McGregor did it and came back better (tu)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a thought yesterday, and bear with me before everyone starts writing "get him to fuck".

When Birmingham came in for Boyd we should have loaned him to them until the end of the season, they would have got what they wanted him for, to help get them into the EPL, and potentially Boyd could have learnt something there, playing with different players, management and training.

Of course that hasn't happened, but do you think loaning him out, even for half a season could help his game?

He obviously has a goal scoring talent, and im sure if he upped his game, people would take interest in a player who could bang goals away for fun (on form) and overall play well.

One problem with that BOYD DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO BIRMINGHAM!

Loaning him out to any other club of his choice isn't the answer either, we need to sell him.

Well he didn't want to move there no, but being loaned out i don't think you can say no to can you?

McGregor did it and came back better (tu)

The difference was McGregor wasn't a establish player at Rangers when he went on loan, he was willing to improve in a smaller league and get valuable 1st team experience.

Boyd in the other hand is a established football player both for us in the SPL, and has international caps for Scotland. Boyd does not want to move to what he feels is beneath him, the Birmingham transfer saga proved this. A lone move to Boyd in his opinion would be a insult!

The only way Boyd will move is if a Premiership club comes in for him in the summer, the best we can hope for is if they are willing to match what Birmingham was offering for him.

There is absolutely no danger of Boyd being loaned out.

He has a year left on his deal come the Summer/

Is the window still not open for Championship clubs?

I think thats what Mcboyd implying, next season as you say no chance he will be loaned out. Hopefully he gets sold!

he was no more too blame than any other player

however this thread is no surprise

he appears to be to blame for everything at rangers at the moment

i thought we won and lost as a team , or is that only convenient for when boyd scores and we win, the minute we lose he is the player who cost us the game

as i said he was no poorer than the others in the team

Yes we were shite especially Mendes you expected more from him but Boyd should have come out of the traps burstin to run for every ball but he didn't, we need hungry players not spoiled brats that get everything given to them on a plate. :sherlock:

Yes we were shite especially Mendes you expected more from him but Boyd should have come out of the traps burstin to run for every ball but he didn't, we need hungry players not spoiled brats that get everything given to them on a plate. :sherlock:

unfortunately, all modern day footballers get everything handed on a plate to them

I said at the time, when Walter replaced Lafferty for Boyd, we'd be under heavy pressure from celtc as nothing would stick up front. It was apt that it was Boyd who lost his man at the freekick.

Not Boyd's fault however, Walter knows he's a useless footballer yet still played him.

I watched the game at home with a mixed crowd of mates, my Rangers supporting mates all hate Boyd (I'm the only one that stands up for him) my Sellik aupporting mates think he'd score for fun against anyone for Sellik because they get crosses in and get to the bye line so often Boyd would mop them up. I know some of you will say WTF do we care what tims think, but it is just another viewpoint.

I wouldn't blame him for the defeat but you have to be switched on when defending a corner. Some say it's not his job to defend, well that's just bollocks. Mendes had a job to do and he cleared on off the line by sticking on the post. Everyone has a job to do when defending a corner/set piece. There is no point in Boyd staying up the park as he wont catch a long ball so he has to be in there helping out, especially at the stage of the game when O'Dea scored.

He completely switched off and O'Dea powered a header past McGregor - as soon as that went in it was game over.

I wouldn't have brought Boyd unless we were close to penalties but he was and when he came on he should have burst a gut for the team. He was still lazy and on a few occassions didn't even bother running for the ball. Novo, Miller and Lafferty all managed to see the ball, move into space, drop deep or pull out wide, Boyd done none of that. If it wasn't into his feet then he didn't move. That's not the kind of striker we require.

I sat with three tims tonight and watched the Linfield game and we talked about yesterdays game. They were shocked at how bad we were especially Ferguson, Davis, Miller and Mendes but they were really suprised at Boyd - after what has gone on in the last week, Boyd should have been raring to go, he should have been wanting to get involved - he'll never change. He couldn't wait to get back to Ibrox and on the bevy, just like the majority of the players.

I don't like Boyd as a player, I now dispise him as a person. He needs punted out of Ibrox - then it will hit him. I'd love to see him get away with poor, lazy performances with his face tripping him after not getting a starting place - good managers wouldn't put up with it and that along with being an awful footballer is why he's still at Rangers!

I didn't think he seemed particularly lazy on this occasion, so far i've watched over the full 90 minutes on Sky Plus and he certainly seemed to be trying like i thought so from the stand, he was trying to win headers and make telling passes. Not that he had much success. I never analysed his performance enough to get into a debate about it though, other areas in particular the midfield had my attention more than Boyd did. The only time i really had my mind specifically on Boyd was when we were attempting (poorly i might add) to go forward and get an equaliser, i was hoping he'd be in the right place at the right time when a good pass or cross came in, as the majority of the time he'll score.

But the game yesterday hasn't changed my current opinion on Boyd at all, i think he's been playing poorly and hasn't deserved to start the last few games plus the way he behaved over his exclusion was a disgrace. I still want him to stay as it stands but for me to still have that opinion in the summer he'll need to make a good contribution in the attempts to win the title, most likely by scoring goals but hopefully in more ways than that.

I still have a soft spot for him despite recent events, certainly i don't feel as much affection as i used to but i'll be delighted for him if he scores a winning goal in a title deciding game. More importantly though, i just want Rangers to win the league with or without Kris Boyd.

I wouldn't blame him for the defeat but you have to be switched on when defending a corner. Some say it's not his job to defend, well that's just bollocks. Mendes had a job to do and he cleared on off the line by sticking on the post. Everyone has a job to do when defending a corner/set piece. There is no point in Boyd staying up the park as he wont catch a long ball so he has to be in there helping out, especially at the stage of the game when O'Dea scored.

He completely switched off and O'Dea powered a header past McGregor - as soon as that went in it was game over.

I wouldn't have brought Boyd unless we were close to penalties but he was and when he came on he should have burst a gut for the team. He was still lazy and on a few occassions didn't even bother running for the ball. Novo, Miller and Lafferty all managed to see the ball, move into space, drop deep or pull out wide, Boyd done none of that. If it wasn't into his feet then he didn't move. That's not the kind of striker we require.

I sat with three tims tonight and watched the Linfield game and we talked about yesterdays game. They were shocked at how bad we were especially Ferguson, Davis, Miller and Mendes but they were really suprised at Boyd - after what has gone on in the last week, Boyd should have been raring to go, he should have been wanting to get involved - he'll never change. He couldn't wait to get back to Ibrox and on the bevy, just like the majority of the players.

I don't like Boyd as a player, I now dispise him as a person. He needs punted out of Ibrox - then it will hit him. I'd love to see him get away with poor, lazy performances with his face tripping him after not getting a starting place - good managers wouldn't put up with it and that along with being an awful footballer is why he's still at Rangers!

I agree, it's a pity we didn't manage to punt him in January because his form has plummetted since then and so will his transfer value by the end of the season. I can't envisage a situation where we keep him: Smith doesn't rate him and any new manager worth his salt would surely view him as part of the problem.

Was never aware Boydy was a father, was just trying to find the picture of Boyd holding the rangers shirt when he joined (for a signature) and found this on SNS.

http://www.snspix.com/pictures_795154/795154.html

Also, i reckon had PLG have stayed, the part of Boyds game we all agree needs upped, would be.

“I am pleased with Kris. To score goals is important but if it is the only thing a player thinks about, that can be difficult. I want team players. Kris can be a team player but he must be aware of that. My aim is not to have the top goalscorer in the championship. That does not matter to me — I want to have the best team.

“If Kris Boyd scores 50 goals and we win the title, then fine. But it is not enough if we do not. It is my job to demand the maximum from my players. I think sometimes people think that if Kris has scored a penalty in a game, that is enough for all of you, but it is not enough for me.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle1074494.ece

I think sometimes people think that if Kris has scored a penalty in a game, that is enough for all of you, but it is not enough for me

Your absolutely spot on Le Guen (tu)

Sometimes Boyd being on the park is good enough for some.

I want team players. Kris can be a team player but he must be aware of that. My aim is not to have the top goalscorer in the championship. That does not matter to me — I want to have the best team.

Pity Boyd still not realized this, He'll never change time to get rid!

Good ol' Boydy eh? Spat the dummy for being dropped last week because he thought he'd miss his big glory chance in the final. Got on for Lafferty (best player on the park for us) and was about as much use as a chocolate cock.

Fuckin' god awful :(