***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

His recent form is the worst of his Rangers career it must be said, he's always been a poor footballer for us but this is just ridiculous what he's producing now.

But you have to admit, when this debate always got brought up...It was what does Boyd actually do when he doesn't score?

Well it's getting answered now loud and clear, and as i said a few are see the overall player now and it's shocking a few.

Personally i could always see it, i had hope for him during the October-December spell but that seems a distant memory now. I did at least have faith that he'd continue scoring but that's what, 1 goal in about 6 or 7 games?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FORCED OUT THE DOOR in january!!!

not good enough to play for rangers, but then again neither is half the team

thank fuck we havn't got the same perspective as you on here.

His recent form is the worst of his Rangers career it must be said, he's always been a poor footballer for us but this is just ridiculous what he's producing now.

But you have to admit, when this debate always got brought up...It was what does Boyd actually do when he doesn't score?

Well it's getting answered now loud and clear, and as i said a few are see the overall player now and it's shocking a few.

Personally i could always see it, i had hope for him during the October-December spell but that seems a distant memory now. I did at least have faith that he'd continue scoring but that's what, 1 goal in about 6 or 7 games?

Yeah it's roundabout that, Kilmarnock was the last team he scored against.

I'm not sure of Boyd's 2009 stats but has Barry scored more this year? I do know Boyd hasn't been a regular starter.

Boyd has 5 to Fergies 2

Was sure he hadn't scored that many. Had a quick check on Soccerbase and that is indeed correct. Notb as bad as I thought anyway. If that is a good thing.

There is something not right with him. I can't remember him ever been in such a goal scoring slump. Say what you like about his ability or effort but at least he would still score goals. Has the Birmingham transfer saga affected him ? There is something not right in any case. He ( and us ) need a fresh start and he will definately be gone this summer. But I can guarantee you that most of his critics will still take an interest to see if he scored wherever he ends up

Boyds worst game ever? the first half, along with everyone else in the team was the best he and we had played all season, he won a couple of great headers in the first half and him and lafferty were putting themselves about chasing the ball, in the second half it never quite went for him though, he kept trying and trying but at times was awful. It seemed he and everyone else came out for the second half with the mindset the game was over. Walter should have had him hooked earlier though when it was obvious that he wasnt going to change the game, so I think Walter should take a bit of the flak there. Even then, had Novo passed to him when Boyd got in the perfect position to put us 3-0 up, instead of novo taking the shot and hitting the post, we would all be happy bears tonight but that doesnt constitute for the fact he is out of form. There was a guy behind me that moaned at boyd all day shouting "You havent jumped all day, you havent won the ball at all today, you cant even run with the ball", of course thats a bit of selective memory when he managed to skin lee wallace? on the wing, that silenced him, I think we were all waiting for him to fall on his arse after that.

Billy Dodds was praising the Boyd Lafferty Partnership, saying Boys ws winning header and Lafferty was just hassling defenders all the time.

He was, he did have a couple of crackers, one running jumping header which I dont think we have ever seen from boyd before which went to lafferty i think it was and another great header that went to beasley but he had his poor efforts too

The team played great football in the first half but because we dropped the points in the second half, thats all we remember and in the end the team is awful, its the same here for boyd, still doesnt negate the fact that in the first half all the players were great and getting involved

I think with boyd its a case of 50-50, he has showed this season that when he does get involved, he plays a part in a lot of our goals, and today was the best and worst of boyd, he won some cracking headers that found a player and then other times couldnt get off his arse. He skinned a player out wide in the second half and played the ball inside and in the first half he got past a player and took the ball out for a goal kick :anguish:? Then there was that first touch :anguish: x2 If he just got involved a bit more often he would hopefully improve and we would score more goals as has proved when he does get involved.

Billy Dodds was praising the Boyd Lafferty Partnership, saying Boyd was winning header and Lafferty was just hassling defenders all the time.

Boyd won 2 headers. One was excellent, the other was wayward. I don't remember him doing much else which came off.

Billy Dodds was praising the Boyd Lafferty Partnership, saying Boyd was winning header and Lafferty was just hassling defenders all the time.

Boyd won 2 headers. One was excellent, the other was wayward. I don't remember him doing much else which came off.

All I can remember was one to beasley and one to lafferty tbh, he had a little spell out on the right corner where I dont know if it was him or not but we ended up getting through towards goal and another spell in the left where he got past the player and played a cutback that was too short and the other spell above where he walked it out?

He had a couple of good runs aswell and got played through on goal, one he ended up giving the ball to beasley and the other I think his first touch let him down, other than that, once novo came on, he was often isolated