***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

Scapegoat, that is all Boyd is, he played shit tonight, but people come on here and criticise him whatever happens. Muff said if it was another player they'd get slaughtered, apart from McCulloch, Whittaker and Ferguson no on gets slaughtered at all (Adam has now gone so he doesn't count), no one gets slaughtered as regularly as Boyd. Boyd ius basically damned if you do, damned if you don't.

For example there was a clamour for Lafferty v Sellik, he played shite but frankly his service was crap, but he, on the whole gets away with it, when it is Boyd and the service is crap, he gets slated for not working hard enough. It is Watty's fault that players look shit because he does fuck all to make them look good, plays them out of position, plays them with no support and worst of all, plays not to lose matches then the strikers get the blame for not scoring from the one or two chances created.

Yes Boyd can be at times shit, but so can everyone else, yet no one gets the flack Boyd gets for being off form.

But Boyd gives out the impression that he don`t give a fuck , and that`s the real crime !

Is he the role model we want our young Bears to look up to? :(

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scapegoat, that is all Boyd is, he played shit tonight, but people come on here and criticise him whatever happens. Muff said if it was another player they'd get slaughtered, apart from McCulloch, Whittaker and Ferguson no on gets slaughtered at all (Adam has now gone so he doesn't count), no one gets slaughtered as regularly as Boyd. Boyd ius basically damned if you do, damned if you don't.

For example there was a clamour for Lafferty v Sellik, he played shite but frankly his service was crap, but he, on the whole gets away with it, when it is Boyd and the service is crap, he gets slated for not working hard enough. It is Watty's fault that players look shit because he does fuck all to make them look good, plays them out of position, plays them with no support and worst of all, plays not to lose matches then the strikers get the blame for not scoring from the one or two chances created.

Yes Boyd can be at times shit, but so can everyone else, yet no one gets the flack Boyd gets for being off form.

It's quite simple with Boyd: he's easily one of the worst players in our first team (excepting the real wasters who should never be anywhere near the starting 11) when it comes to work rate, holding the ball up and his general touch/passing, so he simply has to score goals or he'll have people on his back. It's not some personal vendetta people have against him, it's just a function of the type of player he is.

It's quite simple with Boyd: he's easily one of the worst players in our first team (excepting the real wasters who should never be anywhere near the starting 11) when it comes to work rate, holding the ball up and his general touch/passing, so he simply has to score goals or he'll have people on his back. It's not some personal vendetta people have against him, it's just a function of the type of player he is.

The guy has people on his back even when he does score, thats when the "it was only Calley Thistle" comment's start, there are just some fans out there who will never leave the guy alone. I mean take last nights game for example, Miller got two goals that will add to his end of season tally but if there was ever a discussion about what Miller has contributed this season I doubt anyone will say "he can only score against Forfar"...

It's his attitude that gets me more than anything.

Thinks he's got a god given right to play 90 minutes every time he starts and his nonchalant and condescending manner as he trudges off the park annoys me.

It's okay against Forfar at 1-0 up, but when we're 0-0 with Dundee Utd at home and he takes 3 minutes to walk off the park when we're really needing the win then it's plain infuriating.

Has to show more respect for his team-mates.

contrast his attitude with Aaron's who never gets a game...he scores and is so happy he takes off his jersey and gets booked for his enthusiasm

lots of players don't get games but they don't go in the huff all the time...I am wondering if its his attitude that made management willing to take the money for Boyd but not for Mendes

His goals are great for us but he must change his attitude...its a big part of a players profile.

Miller said the boss had been right to dump him recently ....a different attitude....

The guy has people on his back even when he does score, thats when the "it was only Calley Thistle" comment's start, there are just some fans out there who will never leave the guy alone. I mean take last nights game for example, Miller got two goals that will add to his end of season tally but if there was ever a discussion about what Miller has contributed this season I doubt anyone will say "he can only score against Forfar"...

Thats the part of the whole thing that winds me up, then again, i am a fan of fairness

To continue the Forfar scenario, Aaron scored, so, should now be a first team fixture, even though its against Forfar, and, of course he played well against Hamilton. Its almost the complete opposite of the Boyd scenario

Thinks he's got a god given right to play 90 minutes every time he starts and his nonchalant and condescending manner as he trudges off the park annoys me.

It's okay against Forfar at 1-0 up, but when we're 0-0 with Dundee Utd at home and he takes 3 minutes to walk off the park when we're really needing the win then it's plain infuriating.

I tend to try not to argue with you on this fella, because, I know where you are coming from, and, generally, you do things in the right way, even though we disagree on some points.

I think the attitude part can not solely be applied to Boyd, but perhaps the whole team in general

I tend to try not to argue with you on this fella, because, I know where you are coming from, and, generally, you do things in the right way, even though we disagree on some points.

I think the attitude part can not solely be applied to Boyd, but perhaps the whole team in general

It can and it should, but other players show more respect (even if they don't want to) when they're subbed for woeful performance.

No doubt about it that when he is in the mood and against smaller teams, he is a very good goal scorer. Would probably be even better if we played with wingers.

However last night, for me anyway, was the final nail in the coffin.

As a supposed supporter of the club, his attitude stinks, he should be sweating blood for the club he claims to love.

The sooner him and Ferguson leave the better and whoever else is in their clique, no player or group of players should have been allowed the influence they had/have.

Look at Aaron last night, his desire to play, his delight at scoring, his workrate. The grumpy fucker had a chance last night to prove WS wrong, but no instead of busting a gut he acted like a spoilt child.

Surely the time has come for Smith to actually pick players who want to play and will show effort, not the same underperforming self obsessed arseholes.

boyd would not get off with that behaviour if someone like advocaat was still in charge - in fairness he wouldn't get near the rangers team. i thought walter had the respect of all the players? he, mccoist or mcdowel should have grabbed 'fans fav' krissy krissy boyd and horsed him up the tunnel. never mind trying to placate him and massaging his ego, alex ferguson would have actually booted his balls in front of everyone for leaving the pitch in that manner.

contrast his attitude with guys like novo, aaron and even beasley who always show enthusiasm and respect for their teamates, club and fans. even mcculoch and broadfoot who imo are atrocious footballers put in effort and work hard.

No doubt about it that when he is in the mood and against smaller teams, he is a very good goal scorer. Would probably be even better if we played with wingers.

However last night, for me anyway, was the final nail in the coffin.

As a supposed supporter of the club, his attitude stinks, he should be sweating blood for the club he claims to love.

The sooner him and Ferguson leave the better and whoever else is in their clique, no player or group of players should have been allowed the influence they had/have.

Look at Aaron last night, his desire to play, his delight at scoring, his workrate. The grumpy fucker had a chance last night to prove WS wrong, but no instead of busting a gut he acted like a spoilt child.

Surely the time has come for Smith to actually pick players who want to play and will show effort, not the same underperforming self obsessed arseholes.

I totally agree with this ,clique is the word get them to f$%k and start playing the guys who give a 100% .

They do, just more people talk about Boyd, he splits the fans right down the middle.

McCulloch, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Ferguson, Miller get it after every game, Mendes and Davis get it if they play poorly. Just so happens Boyd turns in poor performances most weeks, apart from a spell where he actually bothers his arse.

I disagree. I think most fans want Boyd to play. Certainly going by the support from the stands he gets even when on the bench.

Novo has had a bad reaction to coming off before, as have others past and present. It's not professional and it's not right but it's a more minor thing i find easy to forgive. I'm mainly bothered about Boyd's poor performance, not how he reacted to being substituted.

I agree. But you have to admit, he's not the only one who has been under performing.

He certainly isn't the only one, but Kris Boyd provokes more discussion than any other player in our squad.

When you look at the facts. He's the best striker we have. He will always have limitations. But he will always score 25+ goals a season when played. No other striker in our squad will. There's where the bigger problem lies imo.

Boyd doesn't need to start every match especially if he's off form or we're playing one up front, he's hopeless in that role. But i think a consistent goalscorer with 20+ a season is a useful tool to have and we don't have anyone else so he's certainly someone i want to be here. But some games just won't be for him.

Boyd doesn't need to start every match especially if he's off form or we're playing one up front, he's hopeless in that role. But i think a consistent goalscorer with 20+ a season is a useful tool to have and we don't have anyone else so he's certainly someone i want to be here. But some games just won't be for him.

Thge problem with there is that Boyd seems to truly believe he should be starting every week.

Thge problem with there is that Boyd seems to truly believe he should be starting every week.

He's always seemed to accept it before, he never seemed to complain last season when he so rarely played and he's never requested a transfer. Perhaps he's got his hopes up this season, he did seem to be in a real huff last night about not playing at Celtic Park.

He's always seemed to accept it before, he never seemed to complain last season when he so rarely played and he's never requested a transfer. Perhaps he's got his hopes up this season, he did seem to be in a real huff last night about not playing at Celtic Park.

In fairness that huff could have been about anything, argument at home, with the managers, or just in a general bad mood, players lives and emotions aren't based solely on what happens on the pitch.

Of course its likely he was annoyed about that, but other factors can come in.