Street Figher IV

Danny

Really, really disappointing.

I know it got good reviews, but I've played it a fair bit, and it's really missing the magic of Street Fighter 2 (SF3 can be forgotten about).

It's not fun, it looks adequate, and it isn't addictive. I was showing it to a bud who didn't like it much either.

Anyone else feeling cold about it?

repetitive shit. Thats what i think about it and its gettin traded in in my next visit to gamestation.

That about sums it up. It's supposed to bring SF2 bang up to date, but in making it 'current gen' it's forgotten the fun part.

repetitive shit. Thats what i think about it and its gettin traded in in my next visit to gamestation.

That about sums it up. It's supposed to bring SF2 bang up to date, but in making it 'current gen' it's forgotten the fun part.

am buying the 40 mega drives game classic collection instead, Street of rage for the win.

Nope, not for me. SFIV is narrowly worse than SFIII, but only slightly. It's a phenomenal game and try telling people like me that have played it for hours that it's not addictive!

There's something to be said for SFII of course but SFIV basically is that, only more fluid and quicker.

I don't really understand why a 1 on 1 beat em up can be criticised for being 'repetitive' - surely that's the whole point of them?! It's easily masterable (unlike III) but still impressively deep with the armour breaking moves, cancelling and focus attacks and stuff.

Play it more! The only think about it is the online stuff is pretty basic. No lobbies and stuff is pretty shit really.

It's a decent enough game to have in your collection if you are having a few of the lads round for a beer, but it's nowhere near outstanding.

It's not even decent with your m8s - it's just plain boring. And we're SF fans. We stick to the HD remix and the Alpha efforts on PS.

mine has been traded in for Ghostbusters :pipe:

Is Ghostbusters not meant to be pretty average too?

not had a chance to play it yet, ma dad is playing it at the moment, looks pretty good though :pipe: - also the the mega drive collection, 40 mega drive games, well good :pipe: