Who has produced the better talent

Guest Daniel-CFC

Last 10 years:

Rangers: Barry Ferguson, Barry Nicholson, Scott Wilson, Bob Malcolm, Chris Burke, Allan Hutton, Steven Smith, Ross McCormack, Allan McGregor, Charlie Adam

Celtic: Sean Maloney, Aiden McGeady, Stephen McManus, David Marshall, Mark Burchill, Darren O'Dea

There has to be many more. Looks pretty even so far I'd say though. What others have I forgotten?

Thats a toughie - Rangers have produced mcGregor, Graeme Smith, Burke, Hutton, lowing, Smith, Adam, Beattie, amongst others

Celtic have Maloney, mcGeady, marshall, erm, Wallace and some others who have flattered to deceive somewhat or are injured long term i.e kennedy

Celtic have the best player from there in Maloney, mcGeady and burke kinda cancel - Rangers have the 2 best goalies in there, plus three other starters and a Scottish international (Beattie) on Celtics books.

Plus, we have in John Fleck, the most promising youngster in Scotland right now.

Now, I have no idea what Celtic have beneath their first team in the way of promising talent. Quite frankly, every team thinks their youth is the next big thing but the only way we can compare is from how many have broken into the first team.

But you are right, it is close. I would hope as a Rangers fan that Murray park would be beginning to reap benefits in the coming years as more and more young players graduate from there with a full terms use of the place. Who knows though, this is football so there are no guarantees.

Guest greengrass

some i know of not broken thru yet either side not seen much of gers youth on rtv but i know they have a few great prospects aswell from some games i caught the lad from chelsea has looked very decent few times i saw him Dean Furman ...... few from celtic i know of ..Lawson,Cuthbert,Ferry,James O"brien looks a very talented goalscorer, only """potentiall""" so far tho ... but as above have been brought thru so far ..somewhat made the grade.. McManus was also youths and Liam Miller(dumb lad tho):rolleyes: a could have been maybe ......and now plying in lower english divisions last i heard.... Celtic Reseves. Under 19s have some reall talent .. 2 finnish lads bjarnnson , finbogasson etc.. but the rangers 16s side look good aswell atm.

All I can say is that if Football Manager is right, the next decade is going to be fantastic for Rangers as all our young studs come through. In fact, if it is right, these youngsters will win the Champions League 3 times in the next 5 years.............

Guest greengrass
All I can say is that if Football Manager is right, the next decade is going to be fantastic for Rangers as all our young studs come through.  In fact, if it is right, these youngsters will win the Champions League 3 times in the next 5 years.............

mate thats all good saying in hinsight .. as celtic reserves and under 19s are streaks ahead of anyone atm with current crop.. doesnt mean even 2 or 3 will develop... and its even earlier at 16s say .. lads develop mature into physical side of things etc .. potentiall is something but .. most of the time its nothing... lucky if 1 or 2 in 11 make the grade of a squad. at thier respected clubs.that is a known fact.

i think its good to see that both sides of the old firm have produced some good young players. This topic came up on the bbc boards all the time usually by celtic fans slagging off murray park. As i said on there many times facilities mean nothing if you dont have good coaches. Hibs have produced more good young players than either of the old firm. Most of the names mentioned on here i dont even rate very highly. IMO maloney is the best produced by either club in the past few years. Cracking wee player but seems to be almost as injury prone as burke.

GG - i was joking you know?

I know that it is one thing having a string of talented youngsters but another thing developing them from around 18 years old to the point where they are 1st team regulars.

quite frankly, right now, from Scotland U16s to 21s, Rangers have roughly 15-20 youngsters in or around the national squads

if 2 of those become great players, I will be chuffed - if 2 or 3 more become good squad players, then it will be a really successful era

Guest greengrass
maloney is the best produced by either club in the past few years.

correct .. last season yep .. no doubt about that. maloney is something else on his day.. has greater end product.. but i think McGeady could be overall a better player... if he learns to produce end ball more often lift his head up etc more sumtim4es he does sumtimes not maybe overdo sumtimes..... more skillfull for sure..and if he keeps scoring goals from wide possesion... maloney has most in his locker when on his game tho .. been pretty much stops start this season tho... mcGeady has overshadowed him so far this term.

I think Maloney is a fine player and will do well for you guys if you can keep him. mcGeady is to me a little like Burke, shows great promise but lacks a consistant end product to elevate himself into Maloneys class for now - early days though

Guest greengrass

Maloney has free-kick in the drawer also i forgot comparison to mcgeady ..etc .. but only get a whiff maybe sumtimes as naka is th dead ball man tbh... wee shaun has scored a right few from dead ball aswell tho.

Last 10 years:

Rangers: Barry Ferguson, Barry Nicholson, Scott Wilson, Bob Malcolm, Chris Burke, Allan Hutton, Steven Smith, Ross McCormack, Allan McGregor, Charlie Adam

Celtic: Sean Maloney, Aiden McGeady, Stephen McManus, David Marshall, Mark Burchill, Darren O'Dea

There has to be many more. Looks pretty even so far I'd say though. What others have I forgotten?

John Kennedy for seltic. Damn shame what happened to him. Is he still on the comeback or what?

WHOOPS! Should have reads the whole post!

maloney is the best produced by either club in the past few years.

correct .. last season yep .. no doubt about that. maloney is something else on his day.. has greater end product.. but i think McGeady could be overall a better player... if he learns to produce end ball more often lift his head up etc more sumtim4es he does sumtimes not maybe overdo sumtimes..... more skillfull for sure..and if he keeps scoring goals from wide possesion... maloney has most in his locker when on his game tho .. been pretty much stops start this season tho... mcGeady has overshadowed him so far this term.

maloneys career will be streets ahead of mcgeady if he can sort out his injury problems. mcgeady doesnt have the temperament to sustain it at a high level. Hes a vicious wee shit whose always trying to mix it. dont get me wrong, he's the one player that genuinely scares me whenever he gets the ball, but they are starting to find him out and realise that he can get put off his game just by winding him up. just like lemmon (sorry to raise his name AGAIN - but i think its relevant.)