The real problem at Ibrox

Sweeney

Any team anywhere in the world is capable of scoring a goal at any time - why the fuck do Walter & Co seem tae think a 1 goal lead is sufficent?

It may be for lots of teams but when ye have a defence like ours (Foster & Weir in the back 4) it's not enough tae take the gamble of 1 goal being enough.

Whittaker did nowt all night, except score his goal.

Lafferty wiz shite (I've come tae expect this noo though).

They made 3 changes when we went a goal up, and Walter just sat back and watched this take place.

Why? Maybe cos he didnae ken whit else tae dae?

Why no bring Healy oan the last 15 minutes tae gie them something tae think aboot - cos Lafferty wisnae a danger tae them all night?

I'm fed up watching us sit back and let teams come onto us - it needs tae stop.

The annoying thing is, when we were going forward we were fast and looked good, so why the fuck stop doing it when we score a goal?

We missed Jela and Naisy the night so lets hope we see them at their best oan Sunday.

Look I agree I'd like to see us play more aggressively at times but taking a man out of midfield, our weakest area, is not necessarily the answer. We're frequently over-run in midfield as it is.

4-5-1 can actually be more offensive. The numbers don't dictate how attacking we are, it's the style of play.

I mean today we had Lafferty, Weiss and Diouf on the park.

I agree but that wasn't the initial point I was making in the first place. My point is that Smith is to stubborn to change any of the problems. We get results more often than not but usually with a struggle. It's management 101, just because targets are being met doesn't mean they are good enough. Walter refuses to change some of the vital aspects of this team, those being the formation, the mentality, and the central midfield.

When he first came back, he did what needed to be done. We did need to get defensive, it was the only way to steady the ship. However what should have been a short term solution turned into a long term methodology.

What changes would he have made though.

Healy for lafferty possibly - healy wouldn't have done much better.

Bartley for edu, thats about it.

Naismith was just on the bench to make up numbers.

Fleck for diouf who was tired

healy for lafferty , whos to say he wouldnt have done better , only scored 2 less than lafferty already ffs

naismith was fit enough for a run out or he wouldnt even of been on the bench

Any team anywhere in the world is capable of scoring a goal at any time - why the fuck do Walter & Co seem tae think a 1 goal lead is sufficent?

It may be for lots of teams but when ye have a defence like ours (Foster & Weir in the back 4) it's not enough tae take the gamble of 1 goal being enough.

Whittaker did nowt all night, except score his goal.

Lafferty wiz shite (I've come tae expect this noo though).

They made 3 changes when we went a goal up, and Walter just sat back and watched this take place.

Why? Maybe cos he didnae ken whit else tae dae?

Why no bring Healy oan the last 15 minutes tae gie them something tae think aboot - cos Lafferty wisnae a danger tae them all night?

I'm fed up watching us sit back and let teams come onto us - it needs tae stop.

The annoying thing is, when we were going forward we were fast and looked good, so why the fuck stop doing it when we score a goal?

We missed Jela and Naisy the night so lets hope we see them at their best oan Sunday.

ive mentioned in another thread im loathed to be critical of walter

however, the celtic scottish cup game and tonight worries me in that he has sat and watched 2 opposite managers make tactical changes and multiple substitutions when they were 1 goal behind at ibrox.

celtic down to 10 men and sporting lisbon both ended up getting draws and also had more posession

the lack of response from our manager and coaches is worrying

Walter Smith has worked wonders for this club, nobody will deny that i'm sure.

But his methods are becoming very stale and predictable. More and more teams and managers are getting us sussed.

A freshness is needed, and I have serious doubts if McCoist would bring that.

i doubt much will be different under mccoist, chip off the old block n that