Working Nine to Five

For a few weeks now I have been wanting to tackle the subject of training at Rangers and even in the whole of scottish football. After reading that Hearts manager Paulo Sergio will be introducing double training sessions for his squad - seemingly to work and concentrate on improving passing within his team - now is a good time for me to discuss where Rangers could be going wrong on the training field.

Now, before I go any further, it is important to make it clear that I am not a football coach! Nor have I ever been present at any training session at Auchenhowie. Who am I to question the quality of training on offer at Rangers you may ask? I can only comment on what we are seeing (or more importantly not seeing) on the pitch each match. The whole purpose of training is to improve the team and individuals on the pitch, so where do I think we are going wrong? Or not working hard enough on in training? To try and offer answers to those questions, I will list areas of weakness - without getting too in depth - that I have witnessed both at Ibrox and on television, so far this season.

View the full article