Luis Palma

6 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Im not usaually a stats guy, but our stats have massivly improved. Goals scoring chances have improven even on the eye and statistically as well. Its better across the board, actually.

So your a stats guy now, but when kents stats show he was much better as a winger than an inside ten, the stats dont matter 🤣🤣

8 hours ago, johanhentze said:

We did start to look absolytely horrendous as a football team when our "wingers" started huggint he byline. That is a fact. We were terrible and hardly created chances.

It's not a fact, we were unbeaten for 2/3 months when we changed to that system 

3 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

It's not a fact, we were unbeaten for 2/3 months when we changed to that system 

Gio started out with playing the way we were under Gerrard. He then swithched for a short period to what he wanted us to look like - basically how we started this season. It was a awful and he switched back to how we played before. It wasnt until this season that he went back to the style he introduced for a brief spell last season and it was really poor. 

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So your a stats guy now, but when kents stats show he was much better as a winger than an inside ten, the stats dont matter 🤣🤣

Stats are showing that we as a team are creating a lot more chances. Kent is absolutely part of that. And no, im not a "statas guy". Its pretty obvious that are much better as a team now that we have changed our shape. Surely you havent forgot already how we were playing under Gio??? Horseshoe and wingers all alone out on the wing? Isolated striker?? 

6 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Gio started out with playing the way we were under Gerrard. He then swithched for a short period to what he wanted us to look like - basically how we started this season. It was a awful and he switched back to how we played before. It wasnt until this season that he went back to the style he introduced for a brief spell last season and it was really poor. 

He played his own style from the very start. Which is why we stopped conceding as much as we were under Gerrard, funnily enough, not many complaints were had about his style then.

8 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Stats are showing that we as a team are creating a lot more chances. Kent is absolutely part of that. And no, im not a "statas guy". Its pretty obvious that are much better as a team now that we have changed our shape. Surely you havent forgot already how we were playing under Gio??? Horseshoe and wingers all alone out on the wing? Isolated striker?? 

Scoring almost the same amount of goals as we do now, and with a squad absolutely battered with injuries 

Do you forget pre beale we had won 4-0 three times this season alone, 

You say we are a much better team yet surely you'll acknowledge that bar hibs and hearts away, every single game has been a boring slogfest like the rest of the season

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Scoring almost the same amount of goals as we do now, and with a squad absolutely battered with injuries 

Do you forget pre beale we had won 4-0 three times this season alone, 

You say we are a much better team yet surely you'll acknowledge that bar hibs and hearts away, every single game has been a boring slogfest like the rest of the season

I think its clear to see that we play with a plan. We are a much better organised team. 

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He played his own style from the very start. Which is why we stopped conceding as much as we were under Gerrard, funnily enough, not many complaints were had about his style then.

We did stop conceding, that is true. But there was a clear switch when he started playing with "wingers".. basically restricted them to staying wide all the time and that really limited us as a team, in my opinion. There were heatmaps floating around where you saw just how restricted our wingers were. 

6 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

We did stop conceding, that is true. But there was a clear switch when he started playing with "wingers".. basically restricted them to staying wide all the time and that really limited us as a team, in my opinion. There were heatmaps floating around where you saw just how restricted our wingers were. 

We played with ‘wingers’ from his first game.

49 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

No he didn't. His very first game he played 4-2-3-1 with wingers instead of 4-3-2-1 with inside forwards.

54 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I think its clear to see that we play with a plan. We are a much better organised team. 

Aye and that plan has been honking bar two games, and arguably we are only much better organised because we aren't playing an 18yo and a defensive mid in centre half

29 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

No he didn't. His very first game he played 4-2-3-1 with wingers instead of 4-3-2-1 with inside forwards.

Very slight change, possibly, and yes we were a bit more solid defensively.. but there was a big change not too long into his reign and it completely isolated all our forwards.. striker and wingers due to the distance between them. He did change it back as it really wasnt working that well. Then he reverted back to it for this season. We now find ourselves 9 points behind and its not because of Beale. 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Very slight change, possibly, and yes we were a bit more solid defensively.. but there was a big change not too long into his reign and it completely isolated all our forwards.. striker and wingers due to the distance between them. He did change it back as it really wasnt working that well. Then he reverted back to it for this season. We now find ourselves 9 points behind and its not because of Beale. 

I'm not saying anything is Beales fault? Gio completely changed things for the Sparta Prague game which was his first game in charge, we played with wingers from that point onwards.

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye and that plan has been honking bar two games, and arguably we are only much better organised because we aren't playing an 18yo and a defensive mid in centre half

😂 Honking yet it's won every game bar two. 

Nutter.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

I'm not saying anything is Beales fault? Gio completely changed things for the Sparta Prague game which was his first game in charge, we played with wingers from that point onwards.

Its the role of the wingers that changed for me.. Allowing them to come inside and then telling them to stay wide. There is a huge difference and it did show. I didnt say you blamed beale, sorry. 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

😂 Honking yet it's won every game bar two. 

Nutter.

We have really not been honking.. people ar ecompletely overreacting. Probably due to the fact we arent gaining ground on they cunts.. people are frustrated and that is understandable. I reckon a win at the weekend will change things somewhat.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

We have really not been honking.. people ar ecompletely overreacting. Probably due to the fact we arent gaining ground on they cunts.. people are frustrated and that is understandable. I reckon a win at the weekend will change things somewhat.

I don't think performances have been good, doesn't bother me as long as we win though. Don't think we have the squad capable of doing hat the manager wants either.

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You canny say the plan is honking considering the results are much better, performances are still pretty shit though, and I think you argue we had more good performances under GVB than Beale, which shows performances mean fuck all.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I don't think performances have been good, doesn't bother me as long as we win though. Don't think we have the squad capable of doing hat the manager wants either.

I see people calling our performances "honking" and "not good enough".. at the end of the day, thats all down to opinion. We all see football different and what I see is a very organised team in control and a plan. I actually think we play good football. Everyone might not agree but have a look at the EPL. There are teams playing "honking" football in comparison. We arent all that bad :) 

Maybe my opinion is a little bit down to the fact I watch all our games back the next day.. it completely changes how you view it when you arent desperate for a goal ;) 

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You canny say the plan is honking considering the results are much better, performances are still pretty shit though, and I think you argue we had more good performances under GVB than Beale, which shows performances mean fuck all.

I think the biggest thing is the fact the two guys he's brought in are exactly what was required for us to be better.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The plan is honking but, maybe beale needs players for it or whatever but the football bar two games has been honking with fleeting glimpses of individual brilliance getting us goals