Why can I not see any highlights of the game ....

kkennedy

Ok, I get home from work last night all excited to watch the tape delayed game on Fox Sports World (program listing said they were going to show 3 UEFA cip games 2 live and 1 on delay) and I set my PVR to tape all of them. I get a beer and some chips, sit down and what happens?.... all 3 other games except the Rangers vSporting game are on. Then I wait until 10pm for fox soccer report to come on and give all the hi lites for all the matches. All 3 other quarter finals have extended hi lites. Then the Host says" in the other match Rangers win 2-0 at Sporting....NO BASTARDIN HI LITES OR NOTHIN.....WHY IS THIS? iM SO SICK AND TIRED OF EVERY OTHER SUPPORTER IN THE WORLD BEING ABLE TO SEE THEIR TEAM AND WE(ONE OF THE MOST WELL SUPPORTED TEAMS IN THE WORLD) GET FUCK ALL. oR i HAVE TO GO TO A PUB AND PAY $20 EACH GAME. SEE IF I EVER FIND A WAY TO CRACK THE CODE ON A SATELLITE IM GONNA DO IT. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME WHY SPL AND RANGERS GAMES SEEM TO HAVE ALL THESE RIGHTS ASSOCIATED WITH IT WHICH DON;T ALLOW NORTH AMERICANS TO WATCH THEIR PRODUCT....DISCUSS... STILL RAGIN...RANT OVER :rangers:

Rangers coverage in the states when to shit when Setanta bought the rights. FSC can't show a Rangers match unless it's in a semi-final or final of a major tournament. That's apparently when the right to "share" per Setanta kicks in. I haven't been able to watch a live match on Television since 2002? 3? Summat

DirectTV and Dish Network both give the option of carrying Setanta in the US for a very good price. If i had satellite i'd own it for sure.

I fell asleep last night watching the replay of the Fiorentina PSV match, wishing it was the Bears.

It's all rather sad really.

props to Disgruntled_Bear for giving me a link to the live match.. first time since I said above i've been able to watch. Although, without a doubt, Peter Martin calls a better match play by play and Darryl King is a very good color man.

If you haven't found links to some highlights yet I can put some on here. Within about 30 minutes they were up on YouTube and I showed my wife. She "wow"'d at SW's run. That's saying a lot coming from her. It took me 5 odd years to turn her into a Red Sox fan, so it'll be a bit before she and I show up at Ibrox. But we wull!

I think setanta owns it all.

KKennedy, you mention having to go to a pub and pay $20 a game to watch our team...that being said, the supporters at home pay to watch each match, yes, ours happen to be on the telly as it's not possible to pop along the road to Ibrox, however, because of this deal we rarely miss a match here (think we have only missed possibly 2 this season?). I would say that $20 (or whatever each club chooses to charge) is money well spent.

The fact of the matter is that Setanta own the tv rights to Rangers games in North America and its pay or go without, I will pay, simply because I cant go without (summers without my team arent pretty lol) and would rather watch the game with fellow gers supporters than on my pc. That being said, the fantastic news today is that Fox are meant to be carrying both the home and away legs of the semi final tie. That will be great news to all Bears in NA.

Can't wait for the 24th for our first semi game, and the league to be wrapped up, and the Scottish Cup to be back at Ibrox, and, and, and....

Its good to be a Bear right now :D

Thanks for that Gersgirl. And while I do go to several matches in the pub. Many midweek games are during work hours so I can't always get away to see them. Money is not the issue. But I would like the chance to watch the games in my own home on tape delay and don;t think that is alot to ask. Like I do woth the SPL on Setanta North America. It just seems like there is always so much red tape to watch Scottish games and little for every other team. Just frustrating is all. But good news about the Semi finals. Very proud of the boys last nigt and it has been a season to remember so far.

Cheers :rangers:

The reason that the games aren't shown on 'normal tv' (FSC/ESPN/Setanta home channel) is due to the fact that both Rangers and Celtic federations in the USA pay big bucks to have the games on a weekly basis.

Supporters clubs throughout the USA show all the games live, very few, if any will charge $20. We have a charge in DC of $10 (£5) for club members to see the games.

In this instance, there was a very large Portugese population in NA that wanted to see the game, so Setanta had an opportunity to bring in some additional money by keeping it off normal channels, although I also think that there were a few other mitigating circumstances.

FSC don't have the rights to any of the Rangers games (cup finals or big games). As for Rangers coverage in North America going to shit when Setanta got the rights, this is crap. Setanta have shown the Old Firms games (nearly every game, every week) for about 15 years. FSC used to be allowed to show them tape delayed by a few days as they paid Setanta for the right to do so. The association in US (I believe) then requested that this stop as it was impacting on some supporters clubs in North America.

As Gers Girl has mentioned, the good news for those Bears that don't want to go and watch with fellow Bears or don't have a club close to them is that FSC have secured the rights to show both legs against Fiorentina which will again help for those that have to work during the live showings (most supporters clubs will show live coverage as well as tape delayed showing on the same night).

After all of the above, it is still disappointing that no highlights were made available to the various channels.