Why are the rail companys continuing to sell tickets?

CF5LOYAL

My mates have just booked tickets for Wednesday morning for the train heading into Manchester. I have tried telling them that because they have booked tickets it doesn't guaruntee their seat on the train as the majority of seats are reserved and there is only going to be so many available for people without a reservation.

Now why are the rail companies still selling tickets when they know there is ore than enough already sold to fill the carriages? When people who have bought tickets start to get turned away and told they won't be able t boeard the train I can see some trouble (td)

They really have made a James Hunt of it.

Don't think much of that either. They shouldn't be selling tickets with no realistic chance of providing the service.

I'm interested to see what happens. If anyone wants to roll the dice, here's a way you might make it on the train.

1. Book your ticket from a smaller station (eg Queen's Park) all the way to Manchester.

2. Once you have started your journey with a railway company, they have an obligation to carry you to the final point of travel indicated on your ticket.

3. If they say that the Manchester train is full, insist they fulfill the terms of your ticket as you are now halfway through your journey. (Train 1 down, train 2 about to start). Get them to put you in a taxi if necessary.

4. If they are unhappy about it, tell them they sold you a ticket and are required to satisfy their responsibility.

I know this works if you are affected by normal rail problems like flooding etc so its worth a shot.

Don't think much of that either. They shouldn't be selling tickets with no realistic chance of providing the service.

I'm interested to see what happens. If anyone wants to roll the dice, here's a way you might make it on the train.

1. Book your ticket from a smaller station (eg Queen's Park) all the way to Manchester.

2. Once you have started your journey with a railway company, they have an obligation to carry you to the final point of travel indicated on your ticket.

3. If they say that the Manchester train is full, insist they fulfill the terms of your ticket as you are now halfway through your journey. (Train 1 down, train 2 about to start). Get them to put you in a taxi if necessary.

4. If they are unhappy about it, tell them they sold you a ticket and are required to satisfy their responsibility.

I know this works if you are affected by normal rail problems like flooding etc so its worth a shot.

Cheers bud, I will say to them (tu)