Does anyone have a contact in the press office at Ibrox?

flov1

Alright folks,

I'm studying Photography at college and we've been asked to cover a sporting event for a Photojournalism assignment. As a lifelong Rangers fan, where better to do this than at Ibrox!

Could anyone help me by putting me in touch with someone who could maybe sort this out?

Much appreciated!

Fraser

Alright folks,

I'm studying Photography at college and we've been asked to cover a sporting event for a Photojournalism assignment. As a lifelong Rangers fan, where better to do this than at Ibrox!

Could anyone help me by putting me in touch with someone who could maybe sort this out?

Much appreciated!

Fraser

erm, I'm doing the same course (not) so if there's any free passes going about, I'll have one as well.

Quick Photography Course -

1 - Point camera

2 - Take picture

3 - Go to boots & get them developed, or print at home off your PC.

Your now qualified :mutley:

:unionflag:

WATP

Alright folks,

Much appreciated!

Fraser

erm, I'm doing the same course (not) so if there's any free passes going about, I'll have one as well.

Quick Photography Course -

1 - Point camera

2 - Take picture

3 - Go to boots & get them developed, or print at home off your PC.

Your now qualified :mutley:

:unionflag:

WATP

Haha! If only it was that easy.

Alright folks,

Much appreciated!

Fraser

As you should know, you need credentials - so ask your tutour if he will give you the acreditation. If he wont, then you will NOT get in. Do you have any general passes? Ever had a pass before? What about contacts yourself? Any good photographer will have a black book full of them.

Everybody seem to think, you have a cheap shit SLR, any old lens, put it on auto GBM and you're a photographer - not saying you are, but thats how it is.

Chances of you gettin a press pass for ibrox, is slim to nill

Alright folks,

Much appreciated!

Fraser

As you should know, you need credentials - so ask your tutour if he will give you the acreditation. If he wont, then you will NOT get in. Do you have any general passes? Ever had a pass before? What about contacts yourself? Any good photographer will have a black book full of them.

Everybody seem to think, you have a cheap shit SLR, any old lens, put it on auto GBM and you're a photographer - not saying you are, but thats how it is.

I have press credentials/contacts for music events (shot at a number of the bigger venues in Scotland and at this year's TITP) but not for anything to do with sport. I can get in to Pittodrie, but lets be honest, i'd rather not go there. I have all the equipment required.

It's a long shot but i'd say defo worth a shot!

Alright folks,

Much appreciated!

Fraser

I have press credentials/contacts for music events (shot at a number of the bigger venues in Scotland and at this year's TITP) but not for anything to do with sport. I can get in to Pittodrie, but lets be honest, i'd rather not go there. I have all the equipment required.

You'd be suprised how many people can talk the talk and this is why they dont just hand out passes like sweets.

My advice for you, would be to go to your tutour and talk with him. If he says no, then look at other football grounds.

I dont know what kit you have, or if you know what to take, but if you walkin with a 400D and a 90-300 then i would not be shocked if you were ejected.

One of the musts for sports, as you will know is 2.8.

Personally i'd use 400 2.8, 70-200 2.8 on the mk3 and mk2n and have 30d with the 15 2.8 FE on remote

Talk with your tutour though, he should give you the accreditiation you need to get access. If not, try smaller grounds like the sheep pen - might not be ideal but hey, its a sporting event for your studdies :)

Alright folks,

Much appreciated!

Fraser

I could get into pittodrie we a camera nae hard :mutley:

try septic park have you got indecent pictures :D

Alright folks,

Much appreciated!

Fraser

Oh come on Jimbo! Be serious on this! Only big jock knows about this!

Alright folks,

Much appreciated!

Fraser

You'd be suprised how many people can talk the talk and this is why they dont just hand out passes like sweets.

My advice for you, would be to go to your tutour and talk with him. If he says no, then look at other football grounds.

I dont know what kit you have, or if you know what to take, but if you walkin with a 400D and a 90-300 then i would not be shocked if you were ejected.

Personally i'd use 400 2.8, 70-200 2.8 on the mk3 and mk2n and have 30d with the 15 2.8 FE on remote

Talk with your tutour though, he should give you the accreditiation you need to get access. If not, try smaller grounds like the sheep pen - might not be ideal but hey, its a sporting event for your studdies :)

I have the standard college accreditation but i know it will not get me far. I've been in touch with all the papers asking if it's possible for them to get me to any SPL ground. Was just hoping that someone on here might have a contact. Aiming high you know!

I have a D300 with 70-200 2.8 lens and have access to a D3 and a 300mm lens so the kit is no problem whatsoever.

Alright folks,

Much appreciated!

Fraser

I have the standard college accreditation but i know it will not get me far. I've been in touch with all the papers asking if it's possible for them to get me to any SPL ground. Was just hoping that someone on here might have a contact. Aiming high you know!

I have a D300 with 70-200 2.8 lens and have access to a D3 and a 300mm lens so the kit is no problem whatsoever.

Kit should not be a problem if you have a D300 D3 and access to a 300 2.8 etc... (many people ive seen, trying to get in with shit gear lol) - last week, i was walking in and seen a "tog" try to get in, with a 400D and a 70-300 3.5-5.6 - i nearly pissed myself laughing.

I think contacts - i'll PM you on that - dont wana give 2 much away :)

Alright folks,

Much appreciated!

Fraser

Oh come on Jimbo! Be serious on this! Only big jock knows about this!

I think it is Jock, or he is working for him,

:unsure:

Alright folks,

Much appreciated!

Fraser

Kit should not be a problem if you have a D300 D3 and access to a 300 2.8 etc... (many people ive seen, trying to get in with shit gear lol) - last week, i was walking in and seen a "tog" try to get in, with a 400D and a 70-300 3.5-5.6 - i nearly pissed myself laughing.

I think contacts - i'll PM you on that - dont wana give 2 much away :)

Thanks very much!